Hacking Nintendont

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
My UsbLoaderGX says the game is on USB would you like to copy the game to SD, does anyone have a fix for this? Fixed.

How do I use my PS3 controller one here? I have it plugged into the innermost port but I am not sure if that will work... any help will be appreciated!

Btw I am using a Wii and on the HIDTest screen it says Failed to open config.
Fixed

Now my problem is the PS3 R2 and L2 buttons not sensing me only press it down half way. I am not sure if this is possible but for Super Mario Sunshine it is kinda need. Any help would be appreciated!

You have to use HidTest and press your R2 and L2 buttons slowly, if they're analog you'll see that somewhere it goes from 00 to FF gradually. Count which par it is, starting with 0, and put it in LAnalog or RAnalog in your controller.ini

That's the theory anyways, but I think it doesn't work with sunshine.

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
svn shooting stop? i want play GC games with wiimote+nunchack...

Not sure what you meant with the first part, but did you miss crediar's post about how people should stop asking things and just wait?

well only some games can even be played with wiimote plus nunchuck due to the point that more sofisticated games have way more buttons that that has available.

Actually, I tried to imagine a scheme with nunchuk and wiimote and you could have everything mapped if you skipped the C-stick; but I don't remember if there's any game that uses it for something other than moving the camera.

It could be cool if there was a way to make the nunchuk stick alternate between Stick and Cstick functions when pressing Z + C or something like that.. Even better if you could tilt the wiimote and make that work as Cstick.

But those are only suggestions, I'm not that interested in using wiimote+nunchuk to play

Reactions: VinsCool

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Any help with this?

Yesterday I was playing Mario Kart GP normally with fully working controls and everything with 1.83, completed the Pac-Man cup and started another one.
Today I tried to play again, there was no cup completed (maybe MC Emu issue, although since it is an arcade game I doubt that the game saves any progress at all by the nature of the Arcade Games) and also only the A button was working now, no Left Stick or D-Pad working.

Any hint as to why this happens?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The thing is that it was working fine the night before with the same revision (r1.83)
I haven't tried the nincfg.bin, will try it and will see if that fixes the control problem.

the analogs not working is random just keep reseting and going in and it will work, there is a bug where you credits stay at 0/1 isntead of 1/1 if that happens then you wont have analogs just keep reseting until it works one time it was only on the 4 time it worked.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I was playing Mario Kart GP normally with fully working controls and everything with 1.83, completed the Pac-Man cup and started another one.
Today I tried to play again, there was no cup completed (maybe MC Emu issue, although since it is an arcade game I doubt that the game saves any progress at all by the nature of the Arcade Games) and also only the A button was working now, no Left Stick or D-Pad working.

Any hint as to why this happens?

Mario Kart Arcade GP actually does save. Some cabinets have a slot for what's called a "Mario Card" which works on both GP and GP 2 and allows you to save your progress as well as access other features, such as getting items as prizes in races for use in the final round of a cup. However, nintendont doesn't emulate the Mario Card yet, and probably won't until full Triforce compatibility is achieved. If you're on a Wii with Gamecube compatibility and you use Nintendont for most of your Gamecube games, you can always download Quadforce which is a cMIOS designed to emulate the Triforce games (4.0 for SD cards, 4.1 for USB) and it does emulate the Mario Cards. However, you'd need to access the games via Dios Mios Booter, and Quadforce replaces any MIOS or cMIOS already there.

As for the analog thing, as someone said before, sometimes the game bugs up in Nintendont. A good rule of thumb to determine if the analog is going to work is to look at the credits text and see if it jumps back to 1. If it does, everything's working fine. If it stays at 0, it's probably best to reset.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Mario Kart Arcade GP actually does save. Some cabinets have a slot for what's called a "Mario Card" which works on both GP and GP 2 and allows you to save your progress as well as access other features, such as getting items as prizes in races for use in the final round of a cup. However, nintendont doesn't emulate the Mario Card yet, and probably won't until full Triforce compatibility is achieved. If you're on a Wii with Gamecube compatibility and you use Nintendont for most of your Gamecube games, you can always download Quadforce which is a cMIOS designed to emulate the Triforce games (4.0 for SD cards, 4.1 for USB) and it does emulate the Mario Cards. However, you'd need to access the games via Dios Mios Booter, and Quadforce replaces any MIOS or cMIOS already there.

As for the analog thing, as someone said before, sometimes the game bugs up in Nintendont. A good rule of thumb to determine if the analog is going to work is to look at the credits text and see if it jumps back to 1. If it does, everything's working fine. If it stays at 0, it's probably best to reset.

Damn, I didn't know about the Mario Card save.
Unfortunately, I am playing on a Wii U, so I am screwed on that part.
And for the analog sticks, resetting is the best option right now, but I guess I better wait until further revisions come along the way since I have quite a library to complete before-hand :)

Thanks for the heads up, guys!

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
well only some games can even be played with wiimote plus nunchuck due to the point that more sofisticated games have way more buttons that that has available.

What? How?! I'd like to try that. What build of nintendont and what games are compatible with remote & nunchuck?

Also, does Wavebird work on nintendont in game ?

faku1810

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What? How?! I'd like to try that. What build of nintendont and what games are compatible with remote & nunchuck?

Also, does Wavebird work on nintendont in game ?

As Vague Rant said, pedro's point was that IF/WHEN wiimote+nunchuk is supported, the available buttons and sticks to map aren't enough. As I said in the following post, it could be possible to map everything but the C-stick (assuming that the power button can be mapped to exit the game as well)

Someone said in a previous post that the wavebird has to be used at the loader first to get it recognized, I guess it should work in game after that. But I haven't seen many people talk about using wavebirds so i don't know for sure whether it should work or not.

Reactions: nakata6790

halen

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I test some gamecube games and it´s working with Nintendont in my WiiU, but Animal Crossing NTSC dont load. I have black screen. What is the problem?

matto21

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
latest releases
Luigi's Mansion PAL does not start
OK to version 1.72

latest releases
Mario Soccer PAL does not start
OK to version 1.80

HolmesNumba187

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you have to use the wavebird in the nintendont menu, or at least activate it there ( meaning: press a few buttons while its on). nintendo can only detect wavebird from within the menu, not the game.

I can confirm that the wavebird works flawlessly after you have chosen the game. You must choose the game from Nintendont with the wavebird itself. Tested on regular wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: