Hacking Nintendont

WiiFreasko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Just tested USBL-GX 1222-03 and didn't get any codedump while autobooting nintendont (stub working fine returning to GX most of the time - sometime it freezes)
Also tested CFG-mod-beta34-02: in this case the stub always returns to HBC hence no codedump either.
Wiiflow-1073-mod still codedumps (stub returns to wiiflow most of the times too)

installing wiiflow dol directly in priiloader did not help either (instead of wiiflow forwarder loader dol)

So it might be related to the stub memory location after all. so a better way to fix it is changing wiiflow stub memory address or find a better memory address for nintyendont's stub.
freasko

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
link is always in my signature, or this blog post.

Cyan,
I know I should have the kenobiwii.bin in this direction for cheat codes:
SD:/sneek/kenobiwii.bin
USB:/sneek/kenobiwii.bin

Besides from that, from what folder does Nintendon't read the cheat codes from for Gamecube games?
If I'm using Wiiflow it should be like:
SD:/txtcodes
SD:/codes
But I don't know that might change with Nintendon't since I am running it straight from HBC and not from Wiiflow.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ocarina is not the cause of the code dump. It occurs even without it.
I can create the dump myself so I don't need the picture, but thanks.

Cheat code's file location depends how you launch nintendont:
From HBC : ID6.gct must be in games/GameID6/GameID6.gct (it doesn't work if you don't rename the folder with the GameID, but you don't necessarily have to put the game.iso in the same folder)
From wiiflow: txtcodes and codes
From USBGX: txtcodes and codes, but you can set any other folder in "User paths" settings.
if you used autoboot from a loader, you can then launch from HBC without issue, the gct path is stored in the nincfg.bin file.

I have noted that some cheatcodes doesn't work with Nintendont, particularly the one involving controller's button.
For example "press D-pad right to enable" etc.
Probably because it's using a fixed address for reading the controller's status, and nintendont is remapped elsewhere.

Reactions: wiewcw

wiewcw

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ocarina is not the cause of the code dump. It occurs even without it.
I can create the dump myself so I don't need the picture, but thanks.

Cheat code's file location depends how you launch nintendont:
From HBC : ID6.gct must be in games/GameID6/GameID6.gct (it doesn't work if you don't rename the folder with the GameID, but you don't necessarily have to put the game.iso in the same folder)
From wiiflow: txtcodes and codes
From USBGX: txtcodes and codes, but you can set any other folder in "User paths" settings.
if you used autoboot from a loader, you can then launch from HBC without issue, the gct path is stored in the nincfg.bin file.

I have noted that some cheatcodes doesn't work with Nintendont, particularly the one involving controller's button.
For example "press D-pad right to enable" etc.
Probably because it's using a fixed address for reading the controller's status, and nintendont is remapped elsewhere.

Thanks for reply... I'll test it, cheats that I am using on Luigi Mansion isn't involved with controller settings... maybe I'll try disable some cheats and test it one by one.

Goku Junior

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Extract the banner, sound, icon, and dol. Then put them in a Wii compatible channel that gives AHB access. You can do all that with CustomizeMii.
I'm working in it, thanks for your help, now I'm uploading a video to shown the Forwarder, but I have to do others things yet, (change ID, putting Wii instead vWii,etc.)

EtahnJay144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I bought a copy of 'Spongebob Squarepants: The Movie' the gameplay was perfect except when zooming across the area to start a short cut scene, also the videos play at 2x speed and are choppy. I tried to add it too the compatibility list but I couldnt figure out how, so I was hoping someone whos sees this will.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ea4shDnC04