Hacking Nintendont

hansdampf_HD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yeah if the gc controller is connected on port 1 he takes controller 1 port whle there and most games do not let you use port 2 or 3 or whatever to controll them.

also if you are using latest nintendont 4.439 all gc games should work perfectly, the problem is sometimes people have bad dumps or settings enabled that some games dont like wich could be your issue since i have no idea what settings,version or sisos you are using, but all the gc games work perfectly.

I got these roms from emuparadise to test. Never had bad dumps from that site?! And I think I have the latest Nintendont version - also I was setting up my Wii completly up to date a few weeks ago...

F4LK

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I uhh, need some help : p

Went ahead and installed the homebrew launcher via wuphax on my wii u
because nintendont doesn't require any custom ios, and i don't care that much about wii games atm.

For whatever reason, i get no TV screen (both hdmi and with the wii ... cable idk what it's called) only gamepad.
And running a game works sometimes, it either works or i get a "Excepetion bla bla bla" error, this also seems to happen when i return to the homebrew launcher.
Holding the Power button or anything doesn't work at all and i have to plug out the power cable :X

Anything i did wrong or am missing?

Last edited by F4LK,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I got these roms from emuparadise to test. Never had bad dumps from that site?! And I think I have the latest Nintendont version - also I was setting up my Wii completly up to date a few weeks ago...
i cant say enough when people say latest they usualy dont have latest becuase they grab sometimes an old link and think its "latest" also i meant nintendont settings not wii ios and such and emuparadise has some bad dumps in there i remenber some jap only game i got that didint work on nintendont i checked the md5 and it was bad so i went to other place to get one and it worked perfectly.

take a picture of your nintendont settings menu and i can tell you what is the most compatible settings for all games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I uhh, need some help : p

Went ahead and installed the homebrew launcher via wuphax on my wii u
because nintendont doesn't require any custom ios, and i don't care that much about wii games atm.

For whatever reason, i get no TV screen (both hdmi and with the wii ... cable idk what it's called) only gamepad.
And running a game works sometimes, it either works or i get a "Excepetion bla bla bla" error, this also seems to happen when i return to the homebrew launcher.
Holding the Power button or anything doesn't work at all and i have to plug out the power cable :X

Anything i did wrong or am missing?
are you using a fowarder from wiiu mode to nintendont directly on vwii? i heard nintendont doesnt like being threated this way tough.

hansdampf_HD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i cant say enough when people say latest they usualy dont have latest becuase they grab sometimes an old link and think its "latest" also i meant nintendont settings not wii ios and such and emuparadise has some bad dumps in there i remenber some jap only game i got that didint work on nintendont i checked the md5 and it was bad so i went to other place to get one and it worked perfectly.

take a picture of your nintendont settings menu and i can tell you what is the most compatible settings for all games.

Ok, thought emuparadise have only good dumps... How can i check if I have a working or a bad dump? Normally I didn't made any settings in Nintendont, except maybe force 468i HDMI in USB Loader GX.

F4LK

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

are you using a fowarder from wiiu mode to nintendont directly on vwii? i heard nintendont doesnt like being threated this way tough.
I'm directly launching Nintendont from the vwii Homebrew launcher.

Last edited by F4LK,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm directly launching Nintendont from the vwii Homebrew launcher.
are you using an hdd with its own power supply?
Ok, thought emuparadise have only good dumps... How can i check if I have a working or a bad dump? Normally I didn't made any settings in Nintendont, except maybe force 468i HDMI in USB Loader GX.
well force progressive or any videomode already makes alot of games just not work... always try with everything off and auto first, then you can start checking if forced settings work or not after you confirmed the game works, the only setting you can toggle without any issues is mcemu.

Last edited by pedro702,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Using a 32gb USB drive.

Nintendont works with it just fine on my original wii, wii u tho, it's a hit and miss it seems.
well wiiu has handicapted power supply and im guessing your usbdrive does not get enough time sometimes to start and gets the exception, nintendo designed badly the power supply from usb ports on wiiu, that is wiiu an hdd with its own power supply is recomended.

Reactions: F4LK

F4LK

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
well wiiu has handicapted power supply and im guessing your usbdrive does not get enough time sometimes to start and gets the exception, nintendo designed badly the power supply from usb ports on wiiu, that is wiiu an hdd with its own power supply is recomended.
Oh yeah, i forgot how bad the Wii U usb stuff is... Guess i'll try moving the games to my SD Card.

F4LK

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
there is a reason why even the wiiu gc adapter needed 2 usb cables instead of one, nintendo knew they messed up.
Just moved all my GC games to SD Card, playing since a half hour, no crash yet.
Guess it was the USB .. gg Nintendo for your great work on that part
Just glad my other USB works for Wii U games without issues.

Now to figure out why i get no screen on the tv.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just moved all my GC games to SD Card, playing since a half hour, no crash yet.
Guess it was the USB .. gg Nintendo for your great work on that part
Just glad my other USB works for Wii U games without issues.

Now to figure out why i get no screen on the tv.
when you start vwii you must pick tv only or gamepad plus tv if tv only doesnt work you dont have the cable properly connected? does vwii menu itself work on the tv? lol

F4LK

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
when you start vwii you must pick tv only or gamepad plus tv if tv only doesnt work you dont have the cable properly connected? does vwii menu itself work on the tv? lol
I'll check the settings again.

It does show the vwii menu on the tv, even the homebrew launcher : p

hansdampf_HD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is it possible that the problem is the USB Loader GX and not Nintendont?

Tried a game with Nintendont from HBL and it works, tried it with USB Loader GX and I got a black screen after i choosed 60 HZ

Last edited by hansdampf_HD,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'll check the settings again.

It does show the vwii menu on the tv, even the homebrew launcher : p
what game arey you playing? dont tell me its one of those megaman games that display in like 288p where alot of tvs just dont support it sadly.

hansdampf_HD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ok i think i know now what I did wrong, i forced to load all games in 480p PAL, when I put this option to auto again, the games will start... Thanks for you help..

F4LK

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
all those games have normal resolutions, just make sure your not forcing videomodes and put it on auto and dont force progressive and try them.
Fixed it by resetting my TV settings, no idea what was wrong but hey, it's working now.
However, still getting a dump error at random points and it happens immediately if i enable mem emulation (for saving)
Ah well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg