Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'd try again. It worked fine for me. Mega was probably just changing some crap around when you tried to download it.
Actually. It was someone at wii-info.fr who told me. I then tried the link and ended to a dead page. Will try again later then lol.

Tempered

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scoured this guide for the answer to this question... but... maybe someone could help.

So everything works great with Nintendont... but I can't figure out how to customize the names. I downloaded Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 in .ISO format, but instead of showing its name, Nintendont lists it as "Sample Game Name". How can I customize names as they appear in the list?

boomerang42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The RE4 Widescreen thing is due to the game itself.
For some odd reason it has that compact view and doesn't stretch, but that's because of how the game is coded.

Ditch the Gamecube version and use the Wii one to accomplish full screen.
You can play with the Gamecube controller also, and even CCP.
How did you get Wii RE4 fullscreen on a 4:3 tv? I always thought there was no way to do that (GC or Wii). Nothing I've tried with either version ever got rid of the top/bottom black bars on a 4:3 tv.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
How did you get Wii RE4 fullscreen on a 4:3 tv? I always thought there was no way to do that (GC or Wii). Nothing I've tried with either version ever got rid of the top/bottom black bars on a 4:3 tv.
afaik the wii itself has a 4:3 display option in the settings that should work no?

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Throw the Composite (or AV as you call them, trust me they look terrible on HDTVs) cables away and go with Component. The Wii doesn't support HDMI. For Wii U, go with HDMI. For 16:9, the Wii only supports Anamorphic, so you'll have to set it in the Wii settings (you'll also want to set it to progressive) and set your TV to display the image in 16:9 as well. For Nintendont, just enable the widescreen patch and most games will display in widescreen.
Thanks, I actually don't mind the quality provided by AV cables, anyway I got me a new TV two days ago and set everything just fine, only problem is my regular Wii (using AV cables with it since it doesn't support HDMI) now runs in 16:9 stretched "I assume the same will happen if I set up my old Dreamcast and such) luckily there's an option on the TV to revert back to 4:3 so it's there when I need it.

Anyway, my question earlier was aimed towards Nintendont in particular, by testing I found out if I set the game to use progressive I get no image at all "I have to exit Nintendont to get it working again" but if I set progressive to off I get the image in 4:3 or stretched, I don't mind this for now but just to be sure there isn't a way to get wide screen to work with it using a regular AV cable, is there? Btw I tested with one game Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I actually don't mind the quality provided by AV cables, anyway I got me a new TV two days ago and set everything just fine, only problem is my regular Wii (using AV cables with it since it doesn't support HDMI) now runs in 16:9 stretched "I assume the same will happen if I set up my old Dreamcast and such) luckily there's an option on the TV to revert back to 4:3 so it's there when I need it.

Anyway, my question earlier was aimed towards Nintendont in particular, by testing I found out if I set the game to use progressive I get no image at all "I have to exit Nintendont to get it working again" but if I set progressive to off I get the image in 4:3 or stretched, I don't mind this for now but just to be sure there isn't a way to get wide screen to work with it using a regular AV cable, is there? Btw I tested with one game Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.
The widescreen patch doesn't need progressive, I'm pretty sure. The widescreen patch is a separate option. Composite doesn't support progressive video, so you're stuck with interlaced, don't enable the progressive patch. As for the aspect ratio otherwise, the Wii can't tell the TV what AR it's supposed to be displayed in, that's why you have to set it manually.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The widescreen patch doesn't need progressive, I'm pretty sure. The widescreen patch is a separate option. Composite doesn't support progressive video, so you're stuck with interlaced, don't enable the progressive patch. As for the aspect ratio otherwise, the Wii can't tell the TV what AR it's supposed to be displayed in, that's why you have to set it manually.
exactly this is how it works, progressive is a very different patch from widescreen and they can work separately. Also using old AV cable anyways will suck bad for widescreen because that will stretch the already blurry 640x480 pixel picture (sometimes less, depends on the game) to a 853x480 picture and will nicely enhance all the bad pixels and blurry lines to a level where its not a lot of fun to look at especially on bigger tvs.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Scoured this guide for the answer to this question... but... maybe someone could help.

So everything works great with Nintendont... but I can't figure out how to customize the names. I downloaded Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 in .ISO format, but instead of showing its name, Nintendont lists it as "Sample Game Name". How can I customize names as they appear in the list?

You can't. Nintendont uses the game's title that's in the disc header and most of the Triforce games weren't discs originally or didn't have the title information set. You can edit the ISO with a hex editor and give it a different name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh