Hacking Nintendont

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Cyan or @FIX94: when i try to load a game through Nintendont (via USB Loader GX), it freezes when it attempts to load the Nintendont GUI.

it happens when i have either Create or No Change selected.

I'm using the latest versions of both USB Loader GX and Nintendont.

Link_enfant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm currently using Nintendont with a 32Gb SDHC Card, but of course it's quite limited. So I was thinking about switching to an external HDD, or a 64/128Gb USB flash drive (way cheaper than an HDD and just the size I'd need, since I don't plan on getting every GC game in existence).

Apart from the size increase, is there any other advantage to using Nintendont with USB? Like better compatibility, speed or such?
Is there anything specific to install (either on Wii or Wii U vWii) in order to make that work, or is it as simple as USB?
And last question, what would you recommend for a 64Gb or 128Gb size between SDHC card, USB flash drive or external HDD?

I'm aware that SDHC cards have a limited lifetime regarding write cycles and are quite fragile, so I'd like something which can last as long as possible (I'll only use it for GC/Triforce games on Nintendont, and I sometimes switch between Wii and Wii U vWii because reasons).

Many thanks :)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey guys I'm having some issues with Nintendont so I'm posting my issue with all the information asked for in the OP post.

Game :
All games - Most specifically Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Describe Issue : All games will crash at random points in the game. It doesn't matter if the game is loading a new scene or just walking around in an area. When the game crashes the screen will freeze then after a couple of second and error message saying "an error has occurred please shut down and refer to the gamecube manual" pops up.
Region : USA
Wii/Wii U : Wii
Nintendont revision : Nintendont version 3.371 Firmware - 58.24.32
Last known working revision (if any) : Has never fully worked
Loader used (if any) with revision no. : Just loading Nintendont from the Homebrew Channel
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD : USB Pen
SD/USB Pen/USB HDD make, model, size, format & cluster size : EMCTEC s11 4GB FAT32 32K
ISO 1:1/compressed : ISO file has not been compressed be me so I assume it is 1:1
McEmu/Real Mem card and size : Emulated memory card - I haven't configured the size so it is the default 251 Memcard blocks with memcard multi turned off
Native on/off : Off
Controller used if Native off : PS4 Dualshock plugged into USB
Composite/Component/HDMI: Composite
Anything else you want to explain: Games will sometimes run for hours and not crash then other times will crash before getting into gameplay so it seems to be completely random.

Thanks for any help
Do you have forced widescreen set to ON?Forced videomodes? also ps4 controller can corrupt config file for nintendont and make all games crash very often it has happened before to some people on this thread ps4 isnt a stable controller for nintendont just warning you beforehand.

@Cyan or @FIX94: when i try to load a game through Nintendont (via USB Loader GX), it freezes when it attempts to load the Nintendont GUI.

it happens when i have either Create or No Change selected.

I'm using the latest versions of both USB Loader GX and Nintendont.
Its a known issue for a while the latest usbloader gx will soemtimes crash loading nintendont no one knows exactly why you just need to reverse to the previous usbloader gx rev.

I'm currently using Nintendont with a 32Gb SDHC Card, but of course it's quite limited. So I was thinking about switching to an external HDD, or a 64/128Gb USB flash drive (way cheaper than an HDD and just the size I'd need, since I don't plan on getting every GC game in existence).

Apart from the size increase, is there any other advantage to using Nintendont with USB? Like better compatibility, speed or such?
Is there anything specific to install (either on Wii or Wii U vWii) in order to make that work, or is it as simple as USB?
And last question, what would you recommend for a 64Gb or 128Gb size between SDHC card, USB flash drive or external HDD?

I'm aware that SDHC cards have a limited lifetime regarding write cycles and are quite fragile, so I'd like something which can last as long as possible (I'll only use it for GC/Triforce games on Nintendont, and I sometimes switch between Wii and Wii U vWii because reasons).

Many thanks :)
SD cards will sometimes make audio stuter on some long cutscenes on some selected games.

Here is my recomendation on Wiiu never go for flashdrives at all, wiiu usb power output is defective which means flashdrives will be a hit and a miss to even be detected by the homebrew channel let alone nintendont.

My recomendation if you plan on using it on wiiu(vwii) is an hdd for sure but it needs to have a y cable or a power cord becuase again nintendo themselves screwed up the wiiu usb ports power thats why even offcial nintendo adapters like the wiiu gc dapater use an y cable becuase nintendo screwed up on that.

dg1995

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everybody I am having a problem with nintendont for star wars Rogue Squadron 2 :
when I go to mission-select screen or profile-select screen it appears(loads) but it Takes a lot of time to load videos.(which gives you a mission/profile select without videos untill 10-13 seconds)In the GC console it loads videos instantly.
is this due to emulation problem, or not using USB 3 drive ?(I am using USB 2 and I am not shrinking my iso)

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
hi everybody I am having a problem with nintendont for star wars Rogue Squadron 2 :
when I go to mission-select screen or profile-select screen it appears(loads) but it Takes a lot of time to load videos.(which gives you a mission/profile select without videos untill 10-13 seconds)In the GC console it loads videos instantly.
is this due to emulation problem, or not using USB 3 drive ?(I am using USB 2 and I am not shrinking my iso)
try to unlock speed limit in the settings.

nxcho

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is there a way to get a fake Wii U Pro Controller working? :( mine does sync in Wii Mode but doesn't sync at all in Nintendon't, I keep pressing buttons and it won't sync...

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is there a way to get a fake Wii U Pro Controller working? :( mine does sync in Wii Mode but doesn't sync at all in Nintendon't, I keep pressing buttons and it won't sync...
simple awnser no, fake controllers use whatever code they want on the way they want nintendont is made for the official controller signals so yeah to get those working you would need to donate one to fix94 for him to test lol.

nxcho

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
simple awnser no, fake controllers use whatever code they want on the way they want nintendont is made for the official controller signals so yeah to get those working you would need to donate one to fix94 for him to test lol.
Oh that sucks :( guess I won't able to use Nintendon't... Also, when I was screwing around with it I tried to play Brawl to see what happened and it actually detected my controller as a Wiimote, pretty weird stuff

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh that sucks :( guess I won't able to use Nintendon't... Also, when I was screwing around with it I tried to play Brawl to see what happened and it actually detected my controller as a Wiimote, pretty weird stuff
yeah fake wiiu pros are very wierd if i turn on my fake wiiu pro controller in the homebrew channel it will crash my homebrew channel with a dsi exception lol so yeah better leavue all the fake wiiu pros for wiiu games only, if you have wiimote+nunchuck or classic controller you can also use nintendont.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why don't you change nintendont speed limit to match GC disc read speed ?
Having the read speed limit enabled is pretty much that. If you have a good HDD with a decent read speed, it's pretty much like if you were playing the game on the NGC from disc with the most ideal setup and circumstances. If I understood it correctly when Fix explained it, the games themselves implement a read speed limit. Disabling the read speed limit can technically allow it to load faster, but it can make some games unstable. I just leave the read speed limit enabled (the default) as games already load incredibly fast compared to my NGC, it would probably only shave off a few centiseconds for me.

dg1995

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having the read speed limit enabled is pretty much that. If you have a good HDD with a decent read speed, it's pretty much like if you were playing the game on the NGC from disc with the most ideal setup and circumstances. If I understood it correctly when Fix explained it, the games themselves implement a read speed limit. Disabling the read speed limit can technically allow it to load faster, but it can make some games unstable. I just leave the read speed limit enabled (the default) as games already load incredibly fast compared to my NGC, it would probably only shave off a few centiseconds for me.
Thanks for answering just one last question:
at first i wanted to use nintendont with dvd-r disc but whenever I make nintendont to run the disc it gives this error:"The disc is not a Gamecube Disc."
I have burned the GC disc correctly and even dolphin emulator can run it. Is there any way to fix this ? (my wii version is 4.2U and it can run burned wii games in Neogamma)

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at first i wanted to use nintendont with dvd-r disc but whenever I make nintendont to run the disc it gives this error:"The disc is not a Gamecube Disc."
I have burned the GC disc correctly and even dolphin emulator can run it. Is there any way to fix this ? (my wii version is 4.2U and it can run burned wii games in Neogamma)
Sorry, I couldn't tell you, I've never burned a NGC disc. I just run everything from an USB HDD. It's a lot faster that way, anyway. Also, if I really wanted to use a disc, I'd just use my actual NGC discs.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
does your wii have gc ports and a gc memory card slot?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's a known report, but I didn't test it or tried to fix it yet.
some users have the issue, other don't so it's something that will require a better bug report. (what other settings, etc.)

dg1995

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a known report, but I didn't test it or tried to fix it yet.
some users have the issue, other don't so it's something that will require a better bug report. (what other settings, etc.)
I thought it has something to do with my wii which doesn't be able read dvd-r without Neogamma rather than a nintendont bug.
I always used default setting and selected sd(which had nintendont,game folder(the game iso wasn't there),and memory card) (and the sd has 1.83 GB space ).
downloaded the new version of loader yesterday and it was what i used and before that i think i used a version from 2-3 weeks ago.
I also used imgburn for burning and burned at 3x(lowest burn speed of my dvd-RW) on a Princo-Budget DVD-r.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 👍