Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
failnuke.com
XP
Country
United States
This isn't a rant or asking for an eta. I know not to do that. But, I haven't got any game to save to the virtual memory card on the Wii U. I would love for that to work... Thank you! I've tried Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart: Double Dash, and Burnout. :lol:

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't a rant or asking for an eta. I know not to do that. But, I haven't got any game to save to the virtual memory card on the Wii U. I would love for that to work... Thank you! I've tried Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart: Double Dash, and Burnout. :lol:

check the compatibility list to see what games support MC emulation so far

Reactions: bm123456

Blyzzard30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried Ikaruga but get Nintendont kernel running, loading game then Wii U restarts. Super Mario Sunshine does the same, do I have something set wrong?

HIDtest is now giving 7004 failed message with brand new dual shock 3 controller. Not sure what that means or how to fix it. I am wanting to work on the list of games that haven't been tested yet so if anyone can help please let me know, thanks!

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried Ikaruga but get Nintendont kernel running, loading game then Wii U restarts. Super Mario Sunshine does the same, do I have something set wrong?

HIDtest is now giving 7004 failed message with brand new dual shock 3 controller. Not sure what that means or how to fix it. I am wanting to work on the list of games that haven't been tested yet so if anyone can help please let me know, thanks!

What number does Nintendont show before reboot? (-3, -1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)

Blyzzard30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has been showing 6.

Ikaruga and Super Mario Sunshine showing 4

Windwaker, Paper Mario and Luigis Mansion (Pal) showing 5

All reboot Wii U after loading main.dol.

Blyzzard30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to try a reformat on the SD card and load just the apps and games folders and the controller.ini and see if that will help.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going to try a reformat on the SD card and load just the apps and games folders and the controller.ini and see if that will help.

Is MC Emulation enabled?

r37 committed.
Fixes Luigi's Mansion (NTSC).

Likely taking a break for a while.
It's great to see a game actually has had its sound AND freeze issue fixed

Thanks for your commit

DillPo313

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
failnuke.com
XP
Country
United States
check the compatibility list to see what games support MC emulation so far

I did. The list has multiple games incorrectly marked. I added a new entry for some of them. Also, I tried Mario Party 4. It does save correctly, and you can read the saves. But, 1 out of every 10 saves will freeze the system. The sound is just static. I managed to play a complete party mode game with memcard off, interlacing, and slamming down on "a" until I got in-game.

Blyzzard30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is MC Emulation enabled?

I tried once without mc enabled then a second time with it enabled. Both are freezing at the same point.

It's great to see a game actually has had its sound AND freeze issue fixed

Thanks for your commit

Attachments

• IMG_20140304_000627.jpg
    IMG_20140304_000627.jpg
    809.9 KB · Views: 228

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did. The list has multiple games incorrectly marked. I added a new entry for some of them. Also, I tried Mario Party 4. It does save correctly, and you can read the saves. But, 1 out of every 10 saves will freeze the system. The sound is just static. I managed to play a complete party mode game with memcard off, interlacing, and slamming down on "a" until I got in-game.
Check each game with the revision that MC Emulation was confirmed working before you update the list. If a game has lost compatibility then it NEEDS to be posted here so it can be corrected. There's no point fixing games if it's going to break others!

I'm about to test windwaker because I heard compatibility has been lost

Blyzzard30 I cannot quote your message for some reason but here's my responce:

That should be a successful boot of any game. Does it do that with all games or just certain ones?

DillPo313

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
failnuke.com
XP
Country
United States
Check each game with the revision that MC Emulation was confirmed working before you update the list. If a game has lost compatibility then it NEEDS to be posted here so it can be corrected. There's no point fixing games if it's going to break others!

I'm about to test windwaker because I heard compatibility has been lost

Blyzzard30 I cannot quote your message for some reason but here's my responce:

That should be a successful boot of any game. Does it do that with all games or just certain ones?

I didn't replace any of them. I just added a new entry for the new version of nintendont. :)

Blyzzard30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was Windwaker that kept freezing up for me. Will test the others i have, also it seems that my new Dual Shock 3 Sixaxis controllers aren't working for some reason. Any ideas? I went back to my plain Sixaxis with a joystick that never stops moving and got Luigi's Mansion to load up fine.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was Windwaker that kept freezing up for me. Will test the others i have, also it seems that my new Dual Shock 3 Sixaxis controllers aren't working for some reason. Any ideas? I went back to my plain Sixaxis with a joystick that never stops moving and got Luigi's Mansion to load up fine.

I just checked windwaker and it freezes at that same point

I'm going to check all the recent revisions and find the revision that broke windwaker. I'm pretty sure Joostin will fix it if I do that

Blyzzard30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Baten Kaitos freezes with Memory Card emulation on at progressive mode screen but works fine with it off with progressive mode off.

Blyzzard30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked windwaker and it freezes at that same point

I'm going to check all the recent revisions and find the revision that broke windwaker. I'm pretty sure Joostin will fix it if I do that

Good, at least I know it's not just me. how do I figure out the dsp version since I couldn't find Baten Kaitos on the list? I'm trying to get all the info together to give for it once I understand it all, also it froze during the first video so will test it a bit more and see if it will go further since others sometimes freeze on cutscenes but are still playable.

Nvm, I found Djbubba's list stating that it is version 3, also if i press a button during a video it also freezes.

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good, at least I know it's not just me. how do I figure out the dsp version since I couldn't find Baten Kaitos on the list? I'm trying to get all the info together to give for it once I understand it all, also it froze during the first video so will test it a bit more and see if it will go further since others sometimes freeze on cutscenes but are still playable.

Nvm, I found Djbubba's list stating that it is version 3, also if i press a button during a video it also freezes.

dspscan

You should keep it downloaded, very helpful program

Edit:

I just checked and windwaker is working in r35 but is broken in r37. If JoostinOnline or GreyRogue wants to fix it then please do!

Reactions: Blyzzard30

Blyzzard30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, how do I know which revision I am testing? I feel like quite a noob here but willing to take the time and effort to help out with anything I can here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    Thor from "Pirate Software" said its just better to pirate the game than buy from a keyshop if you care about the devs
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    devs don't get hit with the chargebacks, the keys are free to generate
    at least on steam
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    Except he said the DEVS get hits with the chargeback cost
    +1
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    since the key gets bought with a stolen credit card
    there's nothing to charge back because the keys don't cost them money to generate in the first place
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If the game has a crack sure
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most these crack sites have dead links anymore or the crack don't even work
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    @The Real Jdbye What don't you get? If someone use a stolen creditcard. Then sell said key on G2A. If I the dev sold the game key, I will get the charge back cost. That's how it works, it doesn't matter if I generate 300 keys if 300 of them are bought with stolen credit cards. I never said it was on Steam, but its the dev that gets hit. There is a ton of stories out there if you google it.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just buy other people's steam account :teach:
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    Just tell them you're dead ;D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They already know
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    I honestly wonder how the EU would say if I willed my account to you. And Valve be like "nope!"
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @K3Nv2 - sounds like you need a better place to find cracks!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psionics offline right now or I would
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @cearp, Psi is offline at the minute, but he knows where to find them.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    get your mind out of the gutter, I'm talking about piracy
  • cearp @ cearp:
    not that type of crack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean the drug not the booty pervs
    +2
  • linuxares @ linuxares:
    @cearp At a plumber convenstion. Loads of cracks!
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A plumber is either on crack or in crack or showcasing crack
    +2
  • cearp @ cearp:
    or of course, dealing with cracks (in pipes)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sure he could be on cracked flooring causing the leak
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much you bet delta going to be DRMd to hell and back
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: How much you bet delta going to be DRMd to hell and back