Hacking Nintendont Controller-Configurations

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
that is for old nintendont versioins, and the file has to be placed if the controller is not hardcoded into the app. like the mayflash magic-ns
nintendont never changed how it reads ini devices, you can test it yourself, change a controller button on a ini on the controllers folder and you will see it wont change at all ingame.

Dcep1501

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Gamecube Logitech Force steering wheel that i want to use on Mario kart GP 1 and 2. All i need to do is get the correct .ini file and put it into a sub folder? Is that file available on here and what sub-folder do i put it in?

Dcep1501

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use the app to generate the ini for your controller.
Put it where it should go.
Let us know if you run into problems, with details so we can help.
Does this mess with the controls for the other GC games? For example, the other racing games work fine with my logitech wheel, i just want to make MK GP (and MK GP 2 if possible) work with the wheel, as well. Hope that makes sense.

Neoks

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys quick question.
I have 4 gamecube controllers (CSL - Nintendo Wii U Wii GameCube Gamepad Controller - Vibrationseffekt - 2er Set) they work perfectly with the new smash ultimate adapter for gc.
Now my friend gifted me a new gamecube adapter (Gamecube Controller Adapter, Wii U Gamecube Controller Adapter, 4 Ports USB NGC Controller Gamepad Konverter Adapter für Nintendo Switch/Wii U/PC Super Smas Bros(Upgraded Version) from yccteam) and nintendont doesnt recognize my controllers now.
Is the adapter shit and should i give it back to him? I really wanna try it to make it work.
Hope someone could help me out.
Thanks

Neoks

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys quick question.
I have 4 gamecube controllers (CSL - Nintendo Wii U Wii GameCube Gamepad Controller - Vibrationseffekt - 2er Set) they work perfectly with the new smash ultimate adapter for gc.
Now my friend gifted me a new gamecube adapter (Gamecube Controller Adapter, Wii U Gamecube Controller Adapter, 4 Ports USB NGC Controller Gamepad Konverter Adapter für Nintendo Switch/Wii U/PC Super Smas Bros(Upgraded Version) from yccteam) and nintendont doesnt recognize my controllers now.
Is the adapter shit and should i give it back to him? I really wanna try it to make it work.
Hope someone could help me out.
Thanks

Scrubtacular007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I set up the Hori Battle Pad for the Switch and the pdp Wired Fight Pad Pro for Switch to work with Gamecube games, I'll leave them here :) If you swap them to .ini files they should be fine!

EDIT: The Hori Battle Pad doesn't work quite right, but the pdp one works fine :)

EDIT 2: Turns out the Hori pad doesn't work at all, that's my bad, i'll look into again in the future, if anyone else fixes it first, let me know!

Did you ever get this working?

RemnantKnight56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New user here. I am currently working on getting the 8BitDo M30 Genesis controller working on the Wii. I wanted to use it for the Sonic Mega and Gems Collections, and it connects just fine in D-Input mode. I've nearly got it down, but I'm encountering problems with the D-Pad. Let me just post the values first.

00 00 0F 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 00 Default
00 0F 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 00 A
00 0F 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 00 B
00 0F 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 00 C
00 0F 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 00 X
00 0F 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 00 Y
00 0F 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 00 Z
00 08 0F 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 00 Start
00 04 0F 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 00 Mode
00 00 00 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 00 D-Pad Up
00 00 02 7F 7F 7F 7F FF 00 D-Pad Right
00 00 04 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 00 D-Pad Down
00 00 06 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 FF D-Pad Left
00 00 0F 00 7F 7F 7F 00 00 Left Stick X (Left)
00 00 0F FF 7F 7F 7F 00 00 Left Stick X (Right)
00 00 0F 7F 00 7F 7F 00 00 Left Stick Y (Up)
00 00 0F 7F FF 7F 7F 00 00 Left Stick Y (Down)
00 00 0F 7F 7F 00 7F 00 00 Right Stick X (Left)
00 00 0F 7F 7F FF 7F 00 00 Right Stick X (Right)
00 00 0F 7F 7F 7F 00 00 00 Right Stick Y (Up)
00 00 0F 7F 7F 7F FF 00 00 Right Stick Y (Down)
00 01 0F 7F 7F 7F 7F FF 00 Left Shoulder (L)
00 02 0F 7F 7F 7F 7F 00 FF Right Shoulder (R)

There are several hexes after this that are not used.

Note that you can swap the sticks and dpad by holding Mode + Up (D-Pad), Mode + Left (Left Stick) and Mode + Right (Right Stick).

So far I have been able to map the buttons and sticks properly, but the D-Pad values always turn out...odd. Here's my controller file so far:

[8BitDo Genesis M30]
VID=2DC8
PID=5006
Polltype=1
DPAD=0
A=0,02
B=0,01
X=0,80
Y=0,10
Z=1,04
L=0,08
R=0,40
S=1,08
Left=2,06
Down=2,02
Right=2,04
Up=2,00
StickX=3
StickY=4
CStickX=5
CStickY=6
LAnalog=9
RAnalog=A
DigitalLR=1
MultiLineIn=C,01
Power=D,01
MultiIn=E,01

I wasn't sure what MultiLineIn, MultiIn and Power did, so I just linked them to unused values.

Okay, now for the issue. With this particular setup, Left, Down, and Right are all positive, and Up is negative. When pressed, Left has no effect, Right changes itself negative, Up turns all negative, and Down turns itself negative. What exactly is going on here?

Also, the buttons work just fine when the controller file isn't present in the SD card, but once it is, they aren't recognized...most of the time. In a few of my tests they worked, but others they didn't. Have no idea what's going on there.

Hopefully this isn't too much to ask. I plan on working on the SN30 Pro after this is done, and I expect it will be similar!

Last edited by RemnantKnight56,

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How are you connecting it to Wii? Adapter? Third-party or 8bitdo?

I notice they say on their site it does not work with Wii, so I'm intrigued.
https://support.8bitdo.com/faq/m30-bluetooth-controller.html

I have seen people use similar controllers in wired USB mode.

NES30/SFC30/SNES30 works, but I believe you need an old firmware version that supports Wii via Classic controller emulation.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/8bitdo-n30pro-on-wii.526658/
https://www.reddit.com/r/8bitdo/comments/6dr4eu/connecting_nes30_prosnes30_to_wii/

Last edited by matt!,

RemnantKnight56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am connecting it via USB in Dinput mode (hold Start and B), and using HID test to find the inputs. I at first considered using their Genesis adapter and then connecting it via a third-party adapter through the Gamecube...but it's cheaper just to connect through USB.

Reactions: matt!

anlztrk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Does Nintendont's internal controller configuration override the controller.ini I made? I made a config for Logitech F710, but my bindings are ignored when I launch a Gamecube game, possibly because another controller shares the same PID and VID F710 has.

Here's my controller.ini:

Code:
[Logitech F710]
VID=046D
PID=C219
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
B=5,28
A=5,48
Y=5,18
X=5,88
L=6,04
Z=6,02
R=6,08
S=6,20
Power=6,10
Left=5,06
Down=5,04
Right=5,02
Up=5,00
RightUp=5,01
DownRight=5,03
DownLeft=5,05
UpLeft=5,07
StickX=1
StickY=2
CStickX=3
CStickY=4
LAnalog=0
RAnalog=0
DigitalLR=1

Freezingfurnace

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Trying to use faceoff psp wired pro controller with nintendont.
Made controller.ini and everything appears the to be working with hidtest. Buttons change from 0 to 1 when pressed and the control stick go from 00 to FF. But when I try to use nintendont the game select screen scrolls really fast, and if I launch a game (melee), and then plug the controller in, the hand will move to the top left of the screen and cannot be moved. Wiimote and nunchuck work fine.Here is my code:

[Faceoff psp Procontroller]
VID=0E6F
PID=0180
Polltype=1
DPAD=1
DigitalLR=1
A=0,04
B=0,02
X=0,08
Y=0,01
Z=0,40
L=0,10
R=0,20
S=1,02
Left=2,06
Down=2,04
Right=2,02
Up=2,00
RightUp=2,01
DownRight=2,03
DownLeft=2,05
UpLeft=2,07
StickX=3
StickY=4
CStickX=5
CStickY=6
LAnalog=7
RAnalog=7
Power=1,01

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank You.
(And sorry if this question has already been answered)

matt!

Trophies
Website
www.gingerbeardman.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does Nintendont's internal controller configuration override the controller.ini I made? I made a config for Logitech F710, but my bindings are ignored when I launch a Gamecube game, possibly because another controller shares the same PID and VID F710 has.
Are you putting the ini in the correct place?
Trying to use faceoff psp wired pro controller with nintendont.
Made controller.ini and everything appears the to be working with hidtest. Buttons change from 0 to 1 when pressed and the control stick go from 00 to FF. But when I try to use nintendont the game select screen scrolls really fast, and if I launch a game (melee), and then plug the controller in, the hand will move to the top left of the screen and cannot be moved. Wiimote and nunchuck work fine.
I believe the controller needs to be attached before Nintendont runs.

pabz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does anyone know how to map c stick directions to a button press? still trying to figure out the values for it. The values ive tried creates a constant input in the southwest direction.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks to DRaGMaRe I finally got a clue and added a new configuration to the Repo:

Mayflash Wireless Wii Controller to USB Adapter

I used the right Z as Z, HOME as Power, else the buttons as labelled.

The Mayflash GameCube to USB Adapter does *not* work with Nintendont (no response at all).

Is this what you have?

https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Switch/dp/B00RSXRLUE

It worked right out of the box for me. I can’t get the rumble to work though. Does anyone know how to do that with Nintendont on vWii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1