16:9 widescreen LCD with Remote Control
7-inch diagonal. Screen Resolution 480i
Stereo sound and Volume Control
Built-in Wii Sensor Bar
Built-in Game Cube Controller
Only one in the world
Other Information:

Wii System is already updated to Latest System Menu 4.2U

Wii Sensor Bar is built-in. you don't need to connect it anymore.

You can connect to external Screen using the original AV Cable or Component HD AV Cable just like a normal wii.

Original AV cable is used to connect to the internal screen when we made this. so if you want to connect to your own TV. you need another AV Cable or Component HD AV Cable.

xbox720

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i found a nintendo wii portable mod on ebay for sale
here is the link

http://search.ebay.com/320530442853
item number 320530442853

you can find pictures on the page

It's the DIY Wii Portable System. Check out the features:

16:9 widescreen LCD with Remote Control
7-inch diagonal. Screen Resolution 480i
Stereo sound and Volume Control
Built-in Wii Sensor Bar
Built-in Game Cube Controller
Only one in the world
Other Information:

Wii System is already updated to Latest System Menu 4.2U

Wii Sensor Bar is built-in. you don't need to connect it anymore.

You can connect to external Screen using the original AV Cable or Component HD AV Cable just like a normal wii.

Original AV cable is used to connect to the internal screen when we made this. so if you want to connect to your own TV. you need another AV Cable or Component HD AV Cable.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Portable" is sort of a misnomer... it's a 7" screen and Gamecube controller glued on top of a Wii. That makes it roughly 10"x6"x3", certainly not pocketsized. It also appears to require its power adapter no matter what mode you're using it in. Still, it's a pretty interesting hack; I'd be interested in seeing if it could be streamlined further (if the designer was a modder, perhaps a flash- or usb-based internal storage drive could supplant the need for a disc drive, which would probably cut the weight of this thing in half).

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reminds me of Benhecks mods, although a Wii portable certainly wouldn't work due to the nature of the controller. That's why his PS360 laptops work- the controllers don't need to be constantly moved.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmao. really? as others have already said, this wii isnt portable at all. it's footprint is 2X bigger than the normal wii footprint. wouldnt you expect it to be smaller? also, how teh hell are you supposed to play a portable wii and play game that require any of the other controllers beside the built in one? you have to set it down. then all you have is a bigass wii with a tiny screen laying in a angle that makes it hard to see the tiny screen while you try to aim the wiimote at it to play your games.

is the GC controller hardwired to the first port? if not, they you can sell it as a wii with a built in savemiifrii.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
wtfrlm.jpg

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
spinal_cord said:
Doesn't look very portable to me, they've just glued an LCD screen to the front of a Wii.
and a gamecube controller. this thing is useless as being portable i just picked up my wii and it's pretty heavy it might not seem heavy but try holding it for a while it will get worse holding it. plus there's also an lcd screen on this thing making it even more heavier
tongue.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I think everyone getting a little mixed up

when they mean Portable they DON'T mean 'easy to carry-&-play'

Definition of the word 'Portable' is....
QUOTE said:
1. Carried or moved with ease: a portable electric typewriter; a portable generator.
2. Capable of being transferred from one employer to another. Used of an employee benefit.
3. Computer Science Relating to or being software that can run on two or more kinds of computers or with two or more kinds of operating systems.
4. Obsolete Bearable; endurable.
n.
Something, such as a light or small typewriter, that can be carried or moved with ease.
Which technically this 'Mod' is.. It's easy to move from place to place (although the Wii in itself is 'portable' as well - just need a bit more setting up with cable than this)

The examples in the quote above are virtually in the same situation - you can easily move it around but you will STILL need to plug in cables to actually use it

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
a good wii portable would remove the wii caseing install a 2.5" HDD mold a new case to fit it all in and add a battery(the gamecube one could work well) but the wii is mostly useless as you need to hold the wiimote... which needs you to not be holding the console aswell

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill