OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India

nintendo64_grass.jpg

The following information should be considered as a rumor. Proceed with cation…. The following news is about Wii 2 (Project Cafe’s) Virtual Console. Let me know what you think:

* A “select group” Virtual Console games will be made available in HD (High Definition) for Project Cafe.

*Not all VC games will be made available in high definition. This is due to the money, time, and effort that would be required to convert each game to high definition. Also, not all classic games convert to high definition perfectly. Each game must be individually re-done to take advantage of widescreen HD resolutions and aspect ratios. They will be re-done similarly to how classic games are being redone to take advantage of 3DS’s 3D capabilities.

MPN_Nintendo_Project_Cafe_logo.png

*Some SNES/Genesis games won’t ever get a high definition widescreen treatment because they turn into a blurry or pixilated mess when converted to widescreen high definition. This is because they weren’t originally designed with widescreen high definition television’s in mind.

*Virtual console games are transferable to Project Café. But if you want the high definition (HD) version of a Wii 1 virtual console game instead of the standard version you own now, you will have to pay full price for the high definition version.

* Nintendo has found a sneaky way to get you to rebuy games that you already bought on virtual console.

*You will NOT receive a free upgrade from standard definition virtual console game that you bought on Wii 1 to a HD version of the same game. If you want HD version, you have to rebuy the game.

*Sega is getting ready to port some of their “Xbox Live Arcade” Genesis HD games (like Sonic) on Project Cafe’s virtual console service.[/p]

icon11.gif
Source

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want capcom to bring over ssf2t HD that would make me believe that this HD vc is worth anything. It would be awesome. If sega can do it i guess capcom should be able also.

D

Deleted User

What, Nintendo?! So stretching a Sega Genesis game to 1080p is hd, now?!

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Think about it though, how many people actually bought a ton of games on the Virtual Console? I bought like one or two games, so I am not really butt hurt if Nintendo releases a whole bunch of games as high definition at the same price, assuming of course the price isn't absurd and uses an actual dollar value as opposed to points currency.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.