Nintendo! what gives....?!

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Klightx15, Nov 17, 2011.

Nov 17, 2011

Nintendo! what gives....?! by Klightx15 at 6:54 AM (910 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Klightx15
    OP

Member Klightx15 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So Need for Speed: The Run was released 2 days ago. I saw it for just about every console EXCEPT the 3DS at all the local stores. Now what I dont get is that the game was never even mentioned on their website or on the eShop. Something doesnt seem right. I checked multiple stores and none of them had a copy of NFS: The Run and when I asked the workers, they looked it up and it was available for online purchase off some random website. Someone told me that Nintendo only releases games on Sundays because theyre a "family company". I personally dont know what that has anything to do with it. And it doesnt make sense because Ace Combat Assault Horizon was released on the same day NFSTR was supposed to be released on, and that game was available for purchase. Imo this is beyond frustrating.

2. Thesolcity

Member Thesolcity Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.

United States
    You're mad because they release on Sundays? Get with the program, every Pokémon game has been released on a Sunday too. :P

3. BoxmanWTF

Member BoxmanWTF ♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫

Canada
    Nvm, I was thinking of Europe's release date

4. Klightx15
    OP

Member Klightx15 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ace combat was released on the 15th though. And I don't track pokemon ames lol. And yes I'm mad because I have to wait longer to get the freakin game because for some stupid reason they decided to release it on Sunday which makes no sense because some people have school right the next day!

5. Jan1tor

Member Jan1tor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Maybe because it is not a Nintendo game. It is made by Electronic arts. I got my copy yesterday. I had pre-ordered it through Best buy but when I went to pick it up they didn't have it. As a matter of fact none of the Best Buys in my (ohio) area had it. So they let me cancel the order and they gave me a $39.99 gift card for my troubles. (WOW a free Game) So I bought Lego Star Wars 3DS and went across the street to Game Stop and bought the last copy of Need for Speed The Run. At this moment I am uploading a video to youtube. It is a great game. Great graphics, handles well. Good game play. The online mode works great (havn't tried it 3ds to 3ds but did try the internet). I this this is the best racing game so far for the 3DS. I like it a lot better than Ridge racer 3DS or Ashpalt 3DS. I was skeptical at buying it since they screwed the pooch on the last one they made for the DSL but they got their shit together and made another great Need for speed game and you don't get tired of the 3D effect while racing either.

Here is the video:
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRIXlhMH4tI [/youtube]

6. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    As of right now most stores don't carry a lot of copies of 3DS games unless they're the big Nintendo titles like Super Mario Land 3D or Zelda. Almost every 3DS game I have preordered at Gamestop they only received my copy, which was the case with Cave Story 3D. If you want to guarantee that you get the game on release date then next time preorder.

7. Janthran

Member Janthran Solarian

United States
    I went to Gamestop the other day and they didn't even have Pokemon Rumble Blast.
    It's like the first major Nintendo game for 3DS, and Gamestop didn't stock it. :\

8. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    I was at GS yesterday and the dude behind the counter said he has only sold 7 copies, and they were reserves.