Misc Nintendo WFC down?

Elbob10s

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since last night I haven't been able to connect to Nintendo WFC with Goldeneye (error 20200) or Black Ops (no error code).

I looked up error 20200 online and it says it's a temporary issue with Nintendo WFC.

My Wii is 4.2U, both games worked fine for a few days now I can't get online. Anyone else experiencing this?

StathisK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Are you using the built in wifi to connect or the lan adapter? I used to get a lot of such errors with my wifi, I read somewhere Bout changing the wireless channel, I did, never occured again since. I changed it to channel 11.

Elbob10s

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the built in wifi.

How do I change the wifi channel? Is that a router setting? I don't remember seeing that... but it doesn't make sense that it was working fine until last night.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it's a router setting. Something your neighbors are doing could be using that channel now (that they weren't before), causing some issues.

In your start/globe menu, go to the "run" command. If you're on vista/7, you'd use the little white box near the bottom. Type in "CMD" and press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.

In the black box that comes up, type "ipconfig" and press enter. It'll list a series of four numbers as your "default gateway". Write those down. Go open any web browser, and enter the four numbers (like 192.168.x.x) into the address bar, and press enter.

A login box should come up. The username should be "admin" or blank, and the password can be anything from "admin" to "administrator" "pass" to "password" or "password1", or something else if you've set it differently. Ask whoever set up the router what the password to get into it is, or check this page.
http://www.phenoelit-us.org/dpl/dpl.html

The find the wireless channel and change it a few numbers up or down.

EDIT: Right now my DSi's telling me the shop is under maintenance.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
most routers default to channel 6, in the case I found I was getting issues with slow and laggy games on the wii, I found an article about changing the channel in the router to channel 1 or 11 as some other wifi or devices may interfere with it and 1 or 11 should be fine, I went to 11 and all is ok now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night