Misc Nintendo USB Wi-Fi dongles, drivers, and hard times.

anime_junkie

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to install my official USB thing as a universal soft AP, I have done this before but I forgot exactly how I did it before and there's especially one point that I can't remember what I did to make it work right.

I had somehow gotten my USB Wi-Fi stick to recognize just as a Buffalo so-and-so whatever wireless adapter, but after failing to get it to work right a few times tonight, I tried just using the official nintendo software. Big mistake. Not the stick only recognizes itself as a nintendo USB wi-fi connector, won't install any correct drivers and tries to create a local area connection.

So, in short, ho wcan I get my computer to recognize this dongle as a generic buffalo donge instead of a nintendo wifi adapter? I know I've done this before, but I can't figure out how!!!

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
maybe when u insert the usb stick inside the pc, go to device manager (hope u know where tht is - right click my computer then manage then device manager) and then look for nintendo wifi adapter and uninstall it (remember to delete all drivers if it asks u)
then go to control panel and remove any nintendo related programs... then remove the usb device and see if it install it correctly
if still a no-no then try downloading and manually installing the drivers from the buffalo website

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Those dongles are pieces of crap and extremely finicky. Ive gone through hours of troubleshooting trying to get one to work one pc, then turning around plugging it into a different pc and having no issues whatsoever. So basically it boils down to luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night