Nintendo unveils new account system

1494783002316161826.png

Today Nintendo have unveiled a new account system that links smartphones with PCs and Nintendo hardware.
Users will be able to create a Nintendo Account using Google Plus, facebook, Nintendo Network ID, twitter or email.

The service will allow friends lists and your character and game data will be be stored on the Lakitu cloud for easy access on all devices.

1494783002362175010.png 1494783002411361058.png 1494783002484267810.png

:arrow:Source

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the comments of this thread, they are better off not doing this. Lol
At least this way people can't complain about "taking too long" because they will never do it and the "evil" social networks.
Oh, and still gloom and doom.

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Why Nintendo.... WHY!!!!

why the fuck does Nintendo need to use other companies infrastructure when one point Nintendo was one of the leading tech companies.

But-why-meme.png

WHY!!!!
That was like a century ago. They're so behind. They should have done this before. Theyre like unifying their systems.

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if words like "nutter" will still be banned in names on Nintendo's new account system?

As much I love I can now trade Pokemon over the internet, something i thought would be awesome back in the Pokemon Red / Blue days, Nintendo's online systems have always seemed so backwards / primitive compared to anything else out there today.

Lets hope so the reason why hardly use Miiverse is because its too restricted in what you can say

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A big step in the right direction, Nintendo - integration is key to the implementation of online features on devices. If you're outside of the integration chain, you're outside of the loop, figuratively and literally.

Reactions: Selim873
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I spent a good chunk of money on Nintendo's online service so this could be very handy to not, you know, not lose my digital purchases.

Hyperstar96

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, those arguments are one in the same, and neither are wrong, so...

Just because they fixed the problem doesn't make it ok, this was a problem that should have been fixed ages ago.
And yet the fact that the problem is almost fixed only brings about more complaining. By that logic, would people complain less, and therefore be more satisfied, if the problem weren't fixed?

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

EntermateStar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why cant we just get a username search bar like fucking normal services -.- im hyped for the other things at least, achievements will be a nice addition to Nintendo hardware and games, still a bit confused about My Nintendo tho, do the coins go by play time? or the new achievements? or is it a combination of the two somehow?

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why cant we just get a username search bar like fucking normal services -.- im hyped for the other things at least, achievements will be a nice addition to Nintendo hardware and games, still a bit confused about My Nintendo tho, do the coins go by play time? or the new achievements? or is it a combination of the two somehow?
Easiest would be points by game %. Give more motivation to at least 100% the game.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

WE NEED USER NAME SEARCH!!!
That would be useful but since users change their nicknames more often than not you wouldn't find them by that name so only if you knew their original username, which is kind of a pickle, I'd say. I have my fingers crossed Nintendo's online account service can be almost as good as Xbox/PS because on these two systems I can login in different systems, download the games/demos/media and no need to call the company for whatever issue.

It's 2015 so please big N, don't screw it up. :)

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the comments of this thread, they are better off not doing this. Lol
At least this way people can't complain about "taking too long" because they will never do it and the "evil" social networks.
Oh, and still gloom and doom.

G+ and FB are shit stains on the internet
they ruin everything they engage in censorship
they are trying to control everything
they sabotage their own services and make them shittier to try and censor people

has anyone else noticed what has been going on the past few weeks with G+ and youtube?

used to be that you could click on the thumbs up # on your comments and it would tell you who thumbed up your comments , now they have removed this starting a few weeks ago

and now as of the past couple days i have noticed something even worse
when you click the bell icon for notifications and you go to the drop down menu and it tells you someone has +1 or replied to you comment it no longer
shows the comment thread in the drop down it only provides you with a link,an external link that says "view this comment on youtube" it doesn't show the comment or the somment thread in the drop down anymore now, and not only that but when you do click the link it opens up the video in another tab but it doesn't even take you to your comment you have to scroll through the whole comment section now to find your comment that was replied to or +1'd,

these companies are run by pieces of shit literal human excrement i think nintendo has enough problems of it's own
without linking themselves to this garbage

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, does that say theme park? Are we gonna be able to sign in when visiting their theme parks? Or are the theme parks gonna lock us out due to region mismatch?
you will have to purchase an in region console to be admitted to the theme park
if you want to go to nintendo universal florida you will need to purchase a US NX unit,sorry

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just hope nintendo would settle this right.
I wonder the stock drop was because of the game or the delay.
I thought nintendo was to reset standard for mobile gaming, but this is a little disappointing.
Also Miitomo might offer some mini games similar to mii plaza or Nintendo land, but utilize single touch screen. None of iPhones games offer that much value compared to ds, and how I miss the old times.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: On a phone of course