Nintendo teases 3 Wii U launch titles + second stream

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
probably crap games like Wii Sports, Wii Fit etc. :)
I can see one such game coming and making use of that controller.

Otherwise, doubt it, since the Wii U is backwards compatible and it's not a title which can have major updates.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like everyone else is saying Im sure one is pikmin. Hmm other titles that rare could do that would also fit the character count is hard, however there is a possibility (small one) that they may not even bother using the full strip of the scratch off. It could be less letters then what we are actually thinking. Anyway, my other guesses would be maybe a donkey kong game (re-re kickstart the franchise again :P) or possibly metroid. If an HD remake, it will most likely involve zelda. I don't know why but I can't see it being a mario title. I mean, we just got word of new super mario bros 2, why would they do new super mario bros wii u as well???

D

Deleted_171835

I don't mean to insult anyone here but other than those 3 (maybe including Pikmin, Samus or Star Fox), what other title does Nintendo have to deserve such 'special' reveal?

Surely a game like Steel Diver can't need that much hype in a 'scratch-to-reveal' thingy right?
There are tons of games. F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Mario Party, Paper Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, a Wario platformer, Yoshi platformer (omg, yes) are just a few.

Also, Samus?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Smash Brothers WiiU & 3DS. - 27
Super Smash Bros 3DS - 17

Please!

They wouldn't name their new Smash Bros. game something as generic as "Wii U" and "3DS" or even "3D". It'd probably have a name relating to a type of fight, since that's been the series tradition so far (a "melee" and a "brawl"). Probably "Super Smash Bros. Tussle".

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Please!

They wouldn't name their new Smash Bros. game something as generic as "Wii U" and "3DS" or even "3D". It'd probably have a name relating to a type of fight, since that's been the series tradition so far (a "melee" and a "brawl"). Probably "Super Smash Bros. Tussle".

While you would be right, sometimes the name of a game in the early development stages has a generic "3D" or whatever in it.
Example KH3D. It was initially KH3D Demo, and everyone thought the 3D referred to the fact that it was on the 3DS. Kind of like that.

That or they could be going back to the days of the 64, everything le 64 :)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While you would be right, sometimes the name of a game in the early development stages has a generic "3D" or whatever in it.
Example KH3D. It was initially KH3D Demo, and everyone thought the 3D referred to the fact that it was on the 3DS. Kind of like that.

That or they could be going back to the days of the 64, everything le 64 :)

But they wouldn't officially refer to the game as "3D" or "Wii U".

The 3D for KH3D wasn't entirely off either, it's just an abbreviation.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I don't mean to insult anyone here but other than those 3 (maybe including Pikmin, Samus or Star Fox), what other title does Nintendo have to deserve such 'special' reveal?

Surely a game like Steel Diver can't need that much hype in a 'scratch-to-reveal' thingy right?
There are tons of games. F-Zero, Animal Crossing, Mario Party, Paper Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, a Wario platformer, Yoshi platformer (omg, yes) are just a few.

Also, Samus?
I'm saying games (or rather shovelware) like Steel Diver and other games like 80% of the 3DS launch.

Isn't Samus some Ninty character?

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country

Please!

Yeah I thought as much when I wrote it, just couldn't think of a name :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F