Hardware Nintendo Switch's Clear Replacement Shell And Joy-Cons Give It A Nostalgic Look

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
So i just came across something that i thought was pretty darn cool and i wanted to share it with everyone here! (Check out the images below)

"If you feel like prying open your Nintendo Switch to trick it out, a merchant called Myriann on the online retailer AliExpress (via GoNintendo) is offering replacement shells for the system and Joy-Cons. These include a clear case reminiscent of those for the Game Boy Color.

3278092-case+1.jpg

3278133-case+2.jpg

3278135-case+4.jpg

Myriann says the cases will fit the system and Joy-Cons perfectly, but in order to "complete access to all control buttons" you will have to open the case. The total cost for the clear Switch shell and the two Joy-Cons is US $40, but you can buy the cases for the Joy-Cons and the shell individually at a lower price.

Myriann also sells Switch and Joy-Con covers in a variety of other colors, including blue, red, green, white, and gold. As you can imagine, given the name "Super Switch" on the back of the cases, they are not licensed by Nintendo."

Now i personally do not like the Clear shell. BUT these colorful shells on the other hand will make one's Switch look sexy as hell!!

3278136-case+6.jpg

3278137-case+7.jpg

My Favorite one is this one below!:tpi:
3278139-case+8.jpg

3278140-case+9.jpg

I personally would love to buy the Turquoise shell and switch out my switch's shell. (pun intended)

But i probably would wreck my Switch in doing so. So i will probably just stick with using compatible skins:glare: for my Nintendo Switch.

Oh Just A heads up, Nintendo voids its 12-month warranty on the Switch if you modify or tamper with the device!!

Reactions: MeAndHax

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
That clear one is REALLY nice.

I have these actually being sent to me right now via mail:
image.jpg

Yeah those are pretty cool. I saw your thread on them a few days back. These are shells right? if so have you ordered shells for the Joy Cons only? or for the switch itself too?

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah those are pretty cool. I saw your thread on them a few days back. These are shells right? if so have you ordered shells for the Joy Cons only? or for the switch itself too?
Thanks man! Actually, I paid to get joycons and the dude would be painting them that way. So not getting the tablet, just the cons.

But I'm super stoked. I'm going to be at the only one in the world with that joycon style, if not just one of the very few. That makes me feel really good haha!

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Thanks man! Actually, I paid to get joycons and the dude would be painting them that way. So not getting the tablet, just the cons.

But I'm super stoked. I'm going to be at the only one in the world with that joycon style, if not just one of the very few. That makes me feel really good haha!

Yeah i get what you mean. Adding skins/decals and shells to my handhelds or consoles is always something i enjoy doing. The switch is the only system that i currently own which hasn't been given a skin of any kind yet! Mine is the Neon version so i want to embrace the beauty of that for a while and then once the Switch decal market place becomes more diverse, i will likely pick up one related to that new Switch SMT HD game.(which i can only do AFTER it releases next year)

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want some of items sooner you can buy them from an amazon US seller called BASSTOP. Exact same items, some of them even cheaper than the aliexpress page (some of them a couple bucks more though).
::Amazon Link::
Prime shipping on their items, though some of them are currently out of stock.
I'm going to be getting the white joycon shells and blue switch back. Already have a spare pair of gray joycon coming from ebay that I was planning on swapping the shell.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....