Mark2333

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo Switch V5.1.0 outs, can we still use SX Pro and SX OS on it?

Nintendo Switch System Update Version 5.1.0 Patch Notes
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user’s experience

Amabo

Suspended
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Of course yes, we can use Xecuter SX Pro on Nintendo Switch V5.1.0. And I got an official reply
upload_2018-5-31_17-12-24.png

Reactions: Type_O_Dev and Biuz

Wezaa

Trophies
XP
Country
Why wouldn't it work?
The exploit is to do with the boot loader. The part Nintendo can not change without physically having your console in their hands.
So no matter what they do in firmware updates it shouldn't effect the hack from working.
At least that's how I understand it.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why wouldn't it work?
The exploit is to do with the boot loader. The part Nintendo can not change without physically having your console in their hands.
So no matter what they do in firmware updates it shouldn't effect the hack from working.
At least that's how I understand it.

Ya but they can just change the underlying API and all your calls go into the void

It really depends on how they went with their implementations (talking about backup loader/cfw, not the exploit itself)

Last edited by m4xw,

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya but they can just change the underlying API and all your calls go into the void

It really depends on how they went with their implementations (talking about backup loader/cfw, not the exploit itself)
Which would break a lot of games...

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which would break a lot of games...
... like forcing people to update like the supernag?

By now, this isn't out of scope for them (Games requiring a minimum firmware is a thing since 1.0, so I don't see why not the other way around and they've shown that blocking certain activities isn't a no-no for them)

I think they could just msg the companies to rebuild their games week in advance, if thats a issue.

Depends rly on what is changed.

(Not saying it's likely, but possible)

Last edited by m4xw,

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... like forcing people to update like the supernag?

By now, this isn't out of scope for them (Games requiring a minimum firmware is a thing since 1.0, so I don't see why not the other way around and they've shown that blocking certain activities isn't a no-no for them)

I think they could just msg the companies to rebuild their games week in advance, if thats a issue.

Depends rly on what is changed.

(Not saying it's likely, but possible)
Yeah you know how much a shit show that would be?

Plus it's a bootrom bug, so all tx needs to do is release updates to include the new api's

Nintendo can't patch a hardware bug
Dunno how you came up with that idea

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah you know how much a shit show that would be?

Plus it's a bootrom bug, so all tx needs to do is release updates to include the new api's

Nintendo can't patch a hardware bug
Dunno how you came up with that idea

No one talked about the exploit.

To Quote myself: "(talking about backup loader/cfw, not the exploit itself)"

> so all tx needs to do is release updates to include the new api's

Of course they can, I was merely replying to the post that asked "Why wouldn't it work?" and I gave a brief example why it potentially would not work - generally speaking.

And btw I am sure they could patch the FS service / Gamecard implementation to break SX's code, without needing to update any SDK/the games themselves.

But that really depends how deep they went down the rabbit hole of CFW

Last edited by m4xw,

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine ordered and just incase i'm keeping my switch on 5.0.2 so i know i can at lest activate the os on it then i'll update it if i know the cfw works with the newest fw.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Someone without internet inserts a game that has the 5.1.0 update on it and now their other games don't work.
Dont pull that out of context.

Continuing that is totally out of scope of my initial statement.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dont pull that out of context.

Continuing that is totally out of scope of my initial statement.

Your argument is very clear.

You just didn't consider off line updates. It's unlikely that Nintendo will inconvenience it's paying customers so badly, without even knowing if it will make a difference.

How can they? SX OS isn't out yet.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Your argument is very clear.

You just didn't consider off line updates. It's unlikely that Nintendo will inconvenience it's paying customers so badly, without even knowing if it will make a difference.

How can they? SX OS isn't out yet.

I was merely replying to the post that asked "Why wouldn't it work?" and I gave a brief example why it potentially would not work - generally speaking

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was merely replying to the post that asked "Why wouldn't it work?" and I gave a brief example why it potentially would not work - generally speaking

Your suggestion for why it wouldn't work would be impractical for Nintendo to implement, plus it's too early for them to even be sure they would prevent SX OS from working.

Nintendo could just brick every single switch and force you to send it in for a replacement, then send you back a mariko unit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol his pole numbers went up after the conviction, street cred lol