1. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    ok found the issue I thought i had dump new keys for 8.0.1 with lockpick but i missed the message saying to dump keys for firmware 7.0.0+ or higher you need to use Lockpick_RCM payload instead.

so i did so and added the new keys and problem solved

2. SirByte

SirByte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Is the NSPVerify command line tool that's on the github still being developed? As well, I downloaded the binary from this site but it still reports as 1.00.

3. Dowman137

Dowman137 Newbie
    Newcomer

Peru
    When I click Find SD Key it says Nintendo Switch System NAND Drive not present.
    I had read all the comments and I followed their instructions.
    help :(
    edit: Never mind, I just restart the tool and It works : )

Last edited by Dowman137, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Eternal_WiiU

Eternal_WiiU Newbie
    Newcomer

Any hints how what I am doing wrong if I fail at "Decrypt NCAs" with the following error: "No NCAs present on SD card"?

The sd card is the one I'm always using in my switch. Wrong filesystem or is the card with 400GB to big?

5. pcwizard7

pcwizard7 GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    The dump of the nand doesn’t match up with the nintenido folder its sync too

6. tubebar

tubebar GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Currently 9.0 NSPs (i.e. Luigi's Mansion UPD Update, RingFit UPD Update, Arcade Archives Shinobi NSP etc) won't decrypt, he is aware of it and working on a new build. It has nothing to do w/ dumping the 9.0 keys.

7. s3phir0th115

s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Do you mean NSPs this generates won't work, or is it something failing to decrypt in the application as it's trying to decrypt NCA's to create NSPs?

I ask because I've been able to use the tool fine with 9.x content, including the Luigi's Mansion 3 Update.

8. ccfman2004

ccfman2004 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I get Unknown title with my dump.

9. petermesh

petermesh Newbie
    Newcomer

The program stores data in this folder

C:\Users\%username%\.switch\New folder

Delete the .switch folder and run it again with the up to date keys etc in the program folder. Hopefully this will work. It seems to solve all my issues.

Regards

10. ccfman2004

ccfman2004 GBAtemp Addict

United States
    This fixed some of the issues but not all. Luigi's Mansion Update still doesn't show up.

11. Mrl25

Mrl25 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Is there a hombrew for dumping nsx cards available?

12. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
  13. Andreas9526

Andreas9526 Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    When will the new version with support for 9.0 keys?

14. unvaluablespace

unvaluablespace GBAtemp Regular

United States
    When trying to use the Switch SD Tool, I've gotten a ton of log errors stating "Could not process .nca due to the following Exception: Unable to decrypt NCA section. Key Type: CommonKey Name: key_area_key_application_09 (and a few identical logs ending in 0a).
    Do you mean the new build will fix those errors? Is there an ETA for said build?

15. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Just used This for the first time today, and am pleased to say it worked *almost* flawlessly. Makes me think that people having troubles with decrypting stuff, might have stuff that isn't legit from the e-shop/Nintendo updates. If you've installed anything at all, using homebrew, you may as well use tinfoil or something to dump things for you.

With that said, I realize that this is specifically for SD contents, but how hard would it be to also parse NAND contents? I just did a HUGE MK11 update, and wanted to dump it to my emunand, so I could play (locally, not online) with cheats and such, and I managed to get a dump of everything EXCEPT for that update. I figured it out and used data management to move it to the SD card, and have a good dump now. I'm just wondering why it can't simply pull the needed files from the nand image.

Ummm... now that I've thought about this while typing. I'm guessing it's because we mount the system image, but the needed files are in the user section? After checking all the keys and such, and extracting the tickets, why couldn't we then unmount system, then mount USER, then be able to dump EVERY NSP?

The last question was just a suggestion/plea. This program, even though it takes a bunch of time to dump a nand, assemble the parts on a PC (I stick with fat32), and follow all the steps, just saved me like 2 days of downloading! Some of these updates (like MK11) are HUGE!

Thank you for making this software!

Last edited by urherenow, Apr 26, 2020
  16. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    So, I don't know how this program gets its file names (database?), but there is definitely a problem with having ";" in a title. It bugs out @blawar 's NUT program, for one...
    Thought I had a bad NSP for "Bubsy; Paws on Fire! [0100DBE00C554000][v0].nsp" and also a pokemon update, and a Skyrim update. Turns out that the ";" in the names was preventing NUT from sending the file over. Edit: All of the BotW files too.

Last edited by urherenow, Apr 26, 2020
  17. strongesthylian

Newcomer

United States
  18. samknx98

samknx98 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    i'm confused as to how to work it

19. terraplen

terraplen Member
    Newcomer

Brazil
    can you add an option to skip updates when pressing "Pack all NSPs"?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Nintendo, Switch, Dumper