Homebrew RELEASE Nintendo Switch SD to NSP Dumper

n3IVI0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having the same problem. I am on 1.09 and cannot extract any of the larger nsp's, which is nearly every Base Game. All the NCAs decrypt alright, and I can proceed to the step of packing the NSPs, but it fails on every large NSP. Can somebody send me the 1.07 release to try to see if that fixes the problem? Thank you.
Found a copy. I can verify - the problem is in 1.09. I am running 1.07. It is slower, but it is capturing all the NSPs regardless of size.

templeofhylia

homo supreme
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Found a copy. I can verify - the problem is in 1.09. I am running 1.07. It is slower, but it is capturing all the NSPs regardless of size.
where did you find 1.07? i've been trying to dump super mario odyssey for a while now and haven't been able to, despite being able to dump all updates and DLC from my own switch, and EVERYTHING from my friend's switch (his games are small...)

edit: nevermind, i managed to find it on a site that i didn't even understand the language of. finally managed to dump super mario odyssey too! kinda irritating how the latest release has such an issue, and the version capable of doing what you need isn't available publicly anymore....at least not without digging. but regardless, this tool did save my life after i finally got it working.

Last edited by templeofhylia,
D

Deleted User

@caitsith2 With version 1.0.9 all titles over 4GB always can not be dumped!

Failed to Pack "Game [xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx][v0].nsp" due to an exception:
3097f653d794743bcb2bcc80f07ec8fd.nca is corrupted.
bei SwitchSDTool.Form1.WriteNcaToNSP(Stream nspFile, BinaryWriter sw, CnmtContentEntry entry) in H:\DevProjects\SwitchSDTool\SwitchSDTool\Form1.cs:Zeile 1529.
bei SwitchSDTool.Form1.Pack(Ticket ticket, String cnmtTitleID, String baseTitle, String nsxTitle) in H:\DevProjects\SwitchSDTool\SwitchSDTool\Form1.cs:Zeile 1467.

See here my Issue to the Repo:
https://github.com/CaitSith2/SwitchSDTool/issues/4

Last edited by ,

tubebar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All 6.2 games are broken. This doesn't work on 6.2 if you added new titles. If the titles are from a 6.1 NAND they appear to work from what I have heard. CaitSith is aware of this and working on an update. Also hopefully he'll fix the 1.09 issue w/ 4GB files.

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you dump games you don't own with this? I have an NSP of a game installed that's VERY hard to find. (Hidden GOLF NES game found in earlier FW)

Sparky076

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo. Is there a guide on how to use this? Like step by step? I have no idea what to map the "Select SD Folder" to. I don't know where to point the "Select System Path" to. What about "Select Decryption Path", or "Select NSP Output Path". I have the .xci of the game I dumped, prod.keys, device.keys the eticket_rsa_kek (I think), but I have no tool. Can someone break it down Barney style, or point me to a guide if it's already been made.

petermesh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
All 6.2 games are broken. This doesn't work on 6.2 if you added new titles. If the titles are from a 6.1 NAND they appear to work from what I have heard. CaitSith is aware of this and working on an update. Also hopefully he'll fix the 1.09 issue w/ 4GB files.

I too had this issue. BUT

If you configure 1.0.7 as normal

I used

lockpick to get my keys ...
biskeydump_v7 to get my biskeys

Configure
Set SD path : I had SD Card in USB SD Reader.
Set NAND path : Use HacDiskMount to Mount to a Drive.
Set NCA/OUT paths as normal
Put in eticket key

Load RSA KEK : RSA Key extracted successfully from PRODINFO.BIN
Click Find SD key : SD Key loaded
Extract tickets : Found xx keys
Decrypt NCA's : NCA decryption completed.
Parse NCA : Can't remeber if it gave a few Meta errors .. or not ... but either way. Every game that used FW 6 or RIGHTS ID ending in 6. Would not show,

I closed the switchsdtool.

i then copied the contents of the Nintendo Folder on the SD card to a folder on my PC.
eg: F:\SDCards\Nintendo
I then copied the contects of the NAND Sytem folder Mounted to Drive to another folder on my PC.
eg: F:\Switch_System\<Contents of mounted drive>

Unmounted the NAND system image and removed the USB SDCard reader.

The configuration should have been Saved from previuosly opened session.
Pointed the SD folder to F:\SDCards\and NAND Folder to F:\Switch_System\

Load RSA KEK : RSA Key extracted successfully from PRODINFO.BIN
Click Find SD key : SD Key loaded
Extract tickets : Found xx keys
Decrypt NCA's : NCA decryption completed.
This time all NCA's PARSED fine and it showed ALL games. Even fw 6 games.

Not sure if it is an issue with the access to the mountes drived in Windows 10 even though I had admin privilages .... but copying to a PC Hard drive seemed to solve my issue.

Hope this helps.

caitsith2

OP
Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Version 1.10 - Jan 12, 2019
  • Fixed a regression that prevented conversion of NSPs of titles larger than 4GiB.
  • Fixed an instant crash when the required master keys to decrypt and parse a given title are not present. (It now logs on failure indicating what key is required to process the title.)

MikeHawke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The OP says that I need to get run cfw and kezplez to get my keys, but can't I just use biskeydump that comes with TegraRCM to get my keys?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OP says that I need to get run cfw and kezplez to get my keys, but can't I just use biskeydump that comes with TegraRCM to get my keys?
You know there is more than one type of keys right?

Also OP should be updated to use Lockpick instead of kezplez since kezplez doesn't even work on firmware 6.2 and has been abandoned by its author.

Reactions: MikeHawke

MikeHawke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You know there is more than one type of keys right?

Also OP should be updated to use Lockpick instead of kezplez since kezplez doesn't even work on firmware 6.2 and has been abandoned by its author.

No, I did not know that. But I do now.

I don't think that gets all the keys you need. Run CFW and use Lockpick instead of kezplez. The key file will be under sdmc:/switch

Awesome. Thanks m8

Reactions: Draxzelex

codyjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is SD Key referring to? I can get at far as that in the readme and have put keys.txt in the application folder and on the root of the sd card but I still get an error when trying to extract the NCAs.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is SD Key referring to? I can get at far as that in the readme and have put keys.txt in the application folder and on the root of the sd card but I still get an error when trying to extract the NCAs.
Did you dump your keys with kezplez or did you look up a list of Switch keys? Either way, not sure if the list has the SD key or if kezplez dumps it but you should be able to obtain that key and any other necessary keys with Lockpick.

finalevil151

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I need help. I was able to do this successfully w/ 1.09, but trying with 1.10, i get this error log

Could not process XXX.nca due to the following Exception: Unable to decrypt NCA section.Key Type: CommonKey Name: key_area_key_application_06

Exception: Unable to decrypt NCA section.
Key Type: Common
Key Name: key_area_key_application_06
Stack Trace: at LibHac.Nca.OpenRawSection(Int32 index, Boolean leaveOpen)
at LibHac.Nca.OpenSection(Int32 index, Boolean raw, IntegrityCheckLevel integrityCheckLevel, Boolean leaveOpen)
at SwitchSDTool.Form1.btnParseNCA_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in H:\DevProjects\SwitchSDTool\SwitchSDTool\Form1.cs:line 1568

I assume that for some reason my keys.txt is missing the application_06 key, but i double checked and it is present. Keys were obtained by Lockpick. FWIW, the games I'm trying to extract are for Smash and Let's Go Pikachu. Any help appreciated.

Last edited by finalevil151,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watching the fallout series it is pretty decent