Homebrew Question Nintendo switch screen remains black after injecting payload

Gammazeth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone, so I wanted to hack my switch and set it up so I can use an EmuNAND, I booted it into RCM Mode and tried to inject Hekate_Ctcaer_5.1.1. Unfortunately, the screen stays black even if TegraRcmGUI says that the payload was successfully injected and I don't know what to do. It is on the version 9.1.0. The serial number is XAJ400010346279 (so it is not patched). The cable used is able to transfer files. Here's a picture of the inside of my SD Card :
Edit : I figured out that some people were using hekate 5.0.2 should I do so?

Attachments

• 1576620370987670675517344065590.jpg
    1576620370987670675517344065590.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 315
Last edited by Gammazeth,

Gammazeth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try to format your SD card in ExFAT and put only the files necessary for the boot (the bootloader folder and the Hekate CTCaer bin if I remember correctly), then inject the payload and check if it works (DON'T USE IT TO CREATE YOUR EMUMMC!!! The ExFAT format is very likely to corrupt your files and I suggest you format in FAT32 when you'd like to create your Emummc, now you should be safe to use EXFAT to backup your NAND tho)
If it doesn't work try without the SD card, and if it still doesn't try with another cable. If nothing works at this point try with another computer and/or check again your serial number and check if you correctly entered RCM mode.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually I used a bad software which didn't create a correct second partition for my EmuMMC... So check different softwares to partition your SD card/inject your payload.

Gammazeth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It doesn't matter here, I said that it was only to check if the issue was coming from the card and to see if he could launch Hekate. I specifically said to not use it when creating EmuMMC... I assume his card was in ExFAT just like any recent card above 32GB so when I did this I was like "let's see if it works when the card is in its" initial state").
Now I DID backup my NAND with ExFAT and I immediately transfered all the files to my laptop. So far so good I don't think something bad happened...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination