Hardware Nintendo Switch running too slow

renin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, these days I updated my atmosphere CFW and everything was fine, but for some reason my switch started running slow, in the System Settings it was laging when it loaded and when changing pages to fast, it took 4 minutes to open Ori and the Blind Forest and when playing the game it would freeze or some other times the music would stop, using Status-Monitor everything was looking fine, so I thought it was the SD card, but I tested and it was not corrupted and it is legit, then it came to me it might be the switch Nand or something, idk what to do. Help pls

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the read/write speed of your sd, also have you changed the clock settings.

by default a game shouldnt lag that much, some do but that down to hardware, worse case could be hardware related on its way out, does the fan/console feel hot

renin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
what is the read/write speed of your sd, also have you changed the clock settings.

by default a game shouldnt lag that much, some do but that down to hardware, worse case could be hardware related on its way out, does the fan/console feel hot
The reading is around 82MB/s and the writing is around 60MB/s.
I've already turned off sys-clk when I was testing and nothing changed

I'm going to try to do a fresh install of everything in the sd card, and if doesn't work, I guess will have to buy a new switch or find someone that knows what is going on and try to repair

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reading is around 82MB/s and the writing is around 60MB/s.
I've already turned off sys-clk when I was testing and nothing changed

I'm going to try to do a fresh install of everything in the sd card, and if doesn't work, I guess will have to buy a new switch or find someone that knows what is going on and try to repair
someone told me if your using the tesla overlay it takes up a lot of resource and can cause slow downs.

so could be that if youre using it.

Reactions: Deleted User

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
someone told me if your using the tesla overlay it takes up a lot of resource and can cause slow downs.

so could be that if youre using it.
I use the overlay and I doubt that.

Regarding OP's initial problem, the only time I had exactly that issue myself was when I used the new resizeable RAWNAND from hekate, maybe elaborate about your own NAND type more.
Also, did you try turning it off and on again? (no joke intended)
And besides that, try using the maintenance mode method (booting into it and immediately quitting out to clear cache).

renin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I use the overlay and I doubt that.

Regarding OP's initial problem, the only time I had exactly that issue myself was when I used the new resizeable RAWNAND from hekate, maybe elaborate about your own NAND type more.
Also, did you try turning it off and on again? (no joke intended)
And besides that, try using the maintenance mode method (booting into it and immediately quitting out to clear cache).
I was testing just now and it seems that the problem is with my EmuMMC, when I use my SysMMC it works just fine. I created the EmuMMC with the hekate partition tool and created on the EmuMMC menu.

And is maintence mode just turning on and off really fast? how do I use it?

Also, it there any difference between booting with hekate or fusee?

Last edited by renin,
D

Deleted User

I was testing just now and it seems that the problem is with my EmuMMC, when I use my SysMMC it works just fine. I created the EmuMMC with the hekate partition tool and created on the EmuMMC menu.

And is maintence mode just turning on and off really fast? how do I use it?

Also, it there any difference between booting with hekate or fusee?

Hekate has faster booting times and if I recall correctly a faster driver for the SD Slot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/