Hardware Nintendo Switch has paid online services similar to Xbox Live and Playstation

Do you like the idea of a paid Nintendo online service?

• Total voters

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the reason why sony and microsoft have great online service is because its being paid for. for one, it allows for a budget that varies dynamically by number of people accessing it, it also keeps out people who're too cheap to pay for online play.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, why is there complaints? NOTHING WAS DETAILED YET. :wtf:

I like how it's ok for Sony/Microsoft to do it, but when Nintendo does it, it's bullshit.
Honestly, I'd pay for it. Maybe with that extra money they can afford better servers.

Nintendo is only following the market. If the other 2 have paid online content and people are actually paying for it, why not Nintendo?

I knew this would happen anyway, but i do agree, if the service is good then i suppose paying for it wouldn't be bad. That is if the service is actually good.

Online gaming still free on PC.

There no mario oddesy, mario kart, or Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on PC :creep:

I always said this and still stand by it, Console exclusive content is important for system to survive in the market. But looking at things now, this may be as bad launch as some past events. I'm very worried. :(

Reactions: MichiS97

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Because they've done it free before, and when people see that it's no longer free, they go crazy and ignore the fact that other companies have done it for years. People need to cool their jets.

Why the hell can't people wait and see what it's like beforehand?
Honestly, Nintendo is trying to follow the market. Fans didn't want region-locking, so they remove region locking. Fans complained about their shitty online content, so they are doing what everyone else does.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, Nintendo is trying to follow the market. Fans didn't want region-locking, so they remove region locking. Fans complained about their shitty online content, so they are doing what everyone else does.

Nintendo screws up - people incessantly bitch and moan
Nintendo does something right - people incessantly bitch and moan

What do you people want??

Darkestnoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Last edited by Darkestnoir,

stl25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Real effort. Sony online serviced were initially free. Once they had a large enough dedicated user base and lots of gaming traffic on their servers they introduced the paid PS+. Did people bitch? YEP. Did they get over it and eventually see the value in it? YEP. That remains to be SEEN with Nintendo.

D

Deleted User

I can agree with this. It kinda hurts seeing all the people no twitter moan about the switch.
upload_2017-1-12_23-46-11.png

Reactions: Deleted User

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't have helped if they just used the 5GHZ AC wifi sooner instead of sticking with 2.4GHZ? Or least a actual ethernet port in the system? (I don't mean adaptor) :unsure:

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After the free-trial period, most games will require a paid online service subscription from Nintendo in order to play online.

This service is only for Nintendo Switch. It does not affect Wii U or Nintendo 3DS systems or online play.

So it seem like not every game will require subscription for online. If the new exclusive games will require subscription, that okay, any back ports like wii u ports perhaps shouldn't at least in my opinion. I'll wait for pricing, that should stir some heads. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: archive of our own should be banned by the CIA