Not open for further replies.

FamilyGuy0395

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this has been asked before, but for the life of me, trying to search around, I can't find any forum post that answers this question. I just recently found out that all Switch models (v1, v2, OLED) can be hardmodded with a modchip called a HWFLY modchip (I think that's the name; not sure if that's the name of a clone chip or the original). Anyway, I was wondering if anyone on here knows of a list of reputable modders in the US that offer a send-in service where you send your Switch, the modchip, and they mod the Switch for you. I'm not confident in hardmodding a Switch myself, but I also don't want to get scammed by sending it into someone who's just going to take my money and my Switch. Any guidance/references are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this has been asked before, but for the life of me, trying to search around, I can't find any forum post that answers this question. I just recently found out that all Switch models (v1, v2, OLED) can be hardmodded with a modchip called a HWFLY modchip (I think that's the name; not sure if that's the name of a clone chip or the original). Anyway, I was wondering if anyone on here knows of a list of reputable modders in the US that offer a send-in service where you send your Switch, the modchip, and they mod the Switch for you. I'm not confident in hardmodding a Switch myself, but I also don't want to get scammed by sending it into someone who's just going to take my money and my Switch. Any guidance/references are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
No one is going to offer hardmodding service in the public after Nintendo cracked many of modders down.

You have to ask in black market channel but I'm unable to help due to not enough information.

and based on your new account and low post count, most modders will not bother to contact you via PM since Nintendo may made a lot of fake accounts to bait modders, so Nintendo lawyers went after modders.

Last edited by JeepX87,
Reactions: Hayato213

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have to agree with Jeep.
Nintendo is actively trying to crack down on modders.

I would suggest to continue searching around, it shouldn't be terribly hard to find someone who's willing to mod your switch.
Good luck!

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand about some posts got downvoted and we had to tell a honest about Nintendo's intent to crack the modders down, so that led modders to not offer the service publicly and I don't agree about what Nintendo did to modders. I just want to tell a honest and don't want to give you a false hope.

You aren't alone, there are a lot members want their Switch to be modded and they struggle to find someone willing to offer service, unlike hardmodding service during 3DS era. I know some had good success with Discord and private channels.

I encourage you to contribute on this forum often to build the trust and ensure that you are not Nintendo's puppet, so modders may be happy to contact you about service. Same case for Discord and FB.

I want to say a word for Nintendo... FUCK to Nintendo.

FamilyGuy0395

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand about some posts got downvoted and we had to tell a honest about Nintendo's intent to crack the modders down, so that led modders to not offer the service publicly and I don't agree about what Nintendo did to modders. I just want to tell a honest and don't want to give you a false hope.

You aren't alone, there are a lot members want their Switch to be modded and they struggle to find someone willing to offer service, unlike hardmodding service during 3DS era. I know some had good success with Discord and private channels.

I encourage you to contribute on this forum often to build the trust and ensure that you are not Nintendo's puppet, so modders may be happy to contact you about service. Same case for Discord and FB.

I want to say a word for Nintendo... FUCK to Nintendo.
Sorry for not liking the blatantly false accusation with no evidence that I'm a Nintendo employee trying to bait modders to sue them. That's my bad.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for not liking the blatantly false accusation with no evidence that I'm a Nintendo employee trying to bait modders to sue them. That's my bad.
I don't mean to accuse you but I just means about how many members felt after Nintendo cracked on modders down last year and two, so in this forum and social networking, you have to build the trust. It isn't only about you, but it is for all of us. Legal trouble is massive headache for modders and Nintendo can take them to court if they don't take cease and desist letter seriously and possibly criminal charges by FBI. Modders are a lot more cautious about customers on the internet.

Yes, how dare they protect their property, how terrible of them
Good for Nintendo but they didn't during 3DS era. The modding isn't cheap and it won't reach the majority of users, but just very small numbers. Most users don't hack their Switch at all due to lack of interest or not their type or too expensive or too risky. It is best interest for Nintendo to spend on game projects instead of throw much of money on lawyers.

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
You realise that every molded switch has the potential to enable to owner to never spend money on games ever again? Imagine if all 100 million+ Switches were modded, they'd lose insane amounts of money. Yeah not everyone would do it, but the easier it is to do the more people that will

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You realise that every molded switch has the potential to enable to owner to never spend money on games ever again? Imagine if all 100 million+ Switches were modded, they'd lose insane amounts of money. Yeah not everyone would do it, but the easier it is to do the more people that will
Many of them don't, including myself and I just use for save editors and save backup, that it. I don't condone the piracy. Ban risks are much greater if go online with pirated games.

If you think about 100 millions of Switches are hacked? It is extremely unlikely, so less than million of users hack their Switch and that is accounted about less than 1% of Switch, but it didn't help if some owners stockpile the unpatched Switches, also high cost of modding discourage many more.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modzvilleUSA posts on here. has a youtube under the same name and has his own site where he accepts orders to mod consoles, including the switch. id email him if your serious. can grab his website off one of his youtube vids.
he's open about it so might as well send potential business his way.

Reactions: FamilyGuy0395

FamilyGuy0395

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
modzvilleUSA posts on here. has a youtube under the same name and has his own site where he accepts orders to mod consoles, including the switch. id email him if your serious. can grab his website off one of his youtube vids.
he's open about it so might as well send potential business his way.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @The Real Jdbye, it's bed bath and beyond you nitwit