Gaming Nintendo Switch Firmware 8.1

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
June 15th

Jokes apart, the keys are retrieved but there are aditional steps for update the CFW, including the diff and reversing of the new firmware.
They already know the diff. New TSEC/Firmware changes were posted already. Just working on the firm changes. Should be done in a few days, as @hippy dave already pointed out.

Ishzark

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
question: my switch always wants me to update when I want to start a game( i can still start the game though)

so is the update already downloaded and I always have to be careful not to press the other button besides "start software" or does it just tries to download it and I'm save when I'm not connected to the internet?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question: my switch always wants me to update when I want to start a game( i can still start the game though)

so is the update already downloaded and I always have to be careful not to press the other button besides "start software" or does it just tries to download it and I'm save when I'm not connected to the internet?
If your Switch is connected to the internet and you don't have measures in place to block updates, then your Switch will automatically download the update and will nag you relentlessly to install the update. To remove the download, launch recovery mode (not RCM).

Ishzark

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If your Switch is connected to the internet and you don't have measures in place to block updates, then your Switch will automatically download the update and will nag you relentlessly to install the update. To remove the download, launch recovery mode (not RCM).
so when I accidentally press the button I'm screwed when I'm connected to the internet or always screwed?

how do I enter recovery mode?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so when I accidentally press the button I'm screwed when I'm connected to the internet or always screwed?

how do I enter recovery mode?
If your Switch has already downloaded the update, which is likely, then it will install the update even if you're disconnected from the internet. To enter recovery mode:

With the console powered off, hold down the volume up and volume down buttons, then press the POWER Button to turn the console on. Be sure to keep pressing down the volume buttons until the recovery mode menu is displayed.

After you enter recovery mode, reboot your Switch. That clears any downloaded updates.

Reactions: Ishzark

Ishzark

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If your Switch has already downloaded the update, which is likely, then it will install the update even if you're disconnected from the internet. To enter recovery mode:

With the console powered off, hold down the volume up and volume down buttons, then press the POWER Button to turn the console on. Be sure to keep pressing down the volume buttons until the recovery mode menu is displayed.

After you enter recovery mode, reboot your Switch. That clears any downloaded updates.

thank you bro, now I have to be offline waiting for the Atmos update

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Has the grace period been like a day or two for recent updates? I know it's not as long as it used to be.
I do know back with firmware 8.0 online features were never stopped but soon as 8.0.1 was brought in the online features stopped straight away. I always thought 8.0.1 was brought in soon as possible because of this mistake, it took a good month as far as I can remember.

Last edited by Reecey,
Reactions: hippy dave
D

Deleted User

If I remember correctly, the Switch has 64 e-fuses. Nintendo have burnt 10 in 2 years. At the rate of 5 per year, the Switch has enough e-fuses to last 13 years. It will be obsolete before all 64 e-fuses are burnt.

Reactions: laz305 and Lacius

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Grace period didn't last long, 8.1.0 is now required for online play (I assume it's the same cutoff for eshop and whatever too).
I thought if I kept Tetris 99 open, maybe it would keep working, and the nag would only come when trying to reload the game. Nope.

Tenti

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Typical the time I decide to try and get a CFW is when an update just comes out and breaks everything for a week or 2. Just gotta wait and hope it's an easy fix for the CFW Developers.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Typical the time I decide to try and get a CFW is when an update just comes out and breaks everything for a week or 2. Just gotta wait and hope it's an easy fix for the CFW Developers.

Depends on what firmware you are on and if you had an unpatched unit.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, the Switch has 64 e-fuses. Nintendo have burnt 10 in 2 years. At the rate of 5 per year, the Switch has enough e-fuses to last 13 years. It will be obsolete before all 64 e-fuses are burnt.
There are way more than 64 fuses (Probably somewhere in the thousands) :P. 64 of them are used for anti-downgrade

FedDiSte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This morning i wake up and my brother says me "i updated the switch but it doesn't power on anymore"
No words.
I can enter choidoujournx in some way from hekate?

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: