Nintendo Switch firmware 14.1.0 now available, new Atmosphere 1.3.1 released immediately after

Screenshot_20220119-183921_Brave.jpg

Would you believe it? Nintendo has pushed out a new firmware update for the Nintendo Switch, bringing us to version 14.1.0. This time around, there's not even a mention of stability in the patch notes, merely a change regarding Platinum Point notifications for Nintendo Switch Online. Not long after, SciresM also released the latest update for Atmosphere--1.3.1--which adds support for this new firmware.

"Platinum Point Notification Settings" has been added under Notifications in System Settings.

• Unclaimed Platinum Points earned from completing Nintendo Switch Online missions on your Nintendo Switch system will generate notifications.
  • Setting these notifications to OFF will hide the notification sent when there are unclaimed Platinum Points.

:arrow: Source

Last edited by shaunj66,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The Switch has finally reached peak stability.
This is cool and all but is anyone ever going to update SXOS?
Not likely. It's the same guys from Gateway 3DS and they never came back to update that once they abandoned it. There's no need for SX OS when Atmosphere works on every Switch model. I doubt TX has made much money from direct SX OS sales in a long time. SX Pro and the Core/Lite modchips are good products that there are still a market for, but they don't require SX OS to work.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: AngryCinnabon

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I forget My Nintendo exists on the real.
Might care more if points didn't expire tbh.

Unpopular opinion: Atmosphere version numbering should just be the same as Nintendo's version, to avoid confusion.
Atmosphere updates don't necessarily follow ofw updates though. How would you handle that?

Inaki

Trophies
XP
Country
Might care more if points didn't expire tbh.

Atmosphere updates don't necessarily follow ofw updates though. How would you handle that?
Easy, use 4 numbers, put internal fixes in the 4th number slot, and the first 3 slots would be the supported nintendo firmware numbers.

14.1.0.0 ( this one )
14.1.0.1 ( same Horizon OS version support, but with more changes )
14.1.0.2 ( same Horizon OS version support, but with more changes )
14.1.1.0 ( new Horizon OS 14.1.1 support )

Takokeshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I would be temped to use dashes rather than dots, as per convention (14.1.0-1, 14.1.0-2, etc.)

That being said with a longer version string you would most likely end up running into truncation issues (in system settings version number, the current string is carefully chosen to avoid going over the limit.)

Inaki

Trophies
XP
Country
I would be temped to use dashes rather than dots, as per convention (14.1.0-1, 14.1.0-2, etc.)

That being said with a longer version string you would most likely end up running into truncation issues (in system settings version number, the current string is carefully chosen to avoid going over the limit.)
Well, whatever... you can also mix 3rd and 4th slot numbers by doing 3rd slot = Nintendos 3rd number * base + atmosphere number ( or by doing 3rd slot = atmosphere number * base + Nintendos 3rd number ). For example, with base = 100:
14.1.0 => 14.1.0 ( this one )
14.1.0.1 => 14.1.1 ( same Horizon OS version support, but with more changes )
14.1.0.2 => 14.1.2 ( same Horizon OS version support, but with more changes )
14.1.1.0 => 14.1.100 ( new Horizon OS 14.1.1 support )
14.1.1.1 => 14.1.101 ( new Horizon OS 14.1.1 support, but with more changes )

But I think that string in settings shouldn't be that big a problem... and the convenience is high.

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
.anyway, I was going to buy the disc version of dragon quest xi the definitive edition for the ps4, since it's $26 right now, but why should I buy it again if I have it for the switch. though, without that stuff, the switch version seems like a lesser version. all switch games that are multiplat do.
How is the switch version of DQXI a lesser version? Everything in the PS4 version is in the Switch version including achievements. They are built into the Switch version of the game and are called Accolades.

Last edited by AmandaRose,

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
Nothing has really changed (for a long time now). Just update cfw and sigpatches before upgrading the firmware and you should be fine.

What I mean is, are tinfoil, awoo installer, DBO, Goldleaf working? As people were downgrading after updating their switches a couple of weeks ago because all the game installers were throwing up the same error message when trying to install games. Have you tried?

FAKEdemicBioPYSCHONANOWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The Switch has finally reached peak stability.

Not likely. It's the same guys from Gateway 3DS and they never came back to update that once they abandoned it. There's no need for SX OS when Atmosphere works on every Switch model. I doubt TX has made much money from direct SX OS sales in a long time. SX Pro and the Core/Lite modchips are good products that there are still a market for, but they don't require SX OS to work.
There is a need. NO HDD support after all this time!!!!!!!!!! it is unspeakable and unbearable! and ridiciliously hypocritical.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What I mean is, are tinfoil, awoo installer, DBO, Goldleaf working? As people were downgrading after updating their switches a couple of weeks ago because all the game installers were throwing up the same error message when trying to install games. Have you tried?
Tinfoil works fine for me. It just updated itself though, which is rare. I haven't tested the others.

How is the switch version of DQXI a lesser version? Everything in the PS4 version is on the Switch version including achievements. They are built into the Switch version of the game and are called Accolades.
Based on what he said about multiplatform games, I think he just talking about framerates and general resolution, and favoring using a PS4? My only gripe is they compromised the PS4's definitive version graphically as it was rebuilt with the Switch in mind. It doesn't seem too bad. I just don't know if I would prefer to have it on the Switch or the PS myself.

Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)