Nintendo Switch firmware 14.0.0 released, finally adds folder support

Screenshot_20220321-194402_Brave.jpg

More than five years after the launch of the Nintendo Switch, the console has gotten a major quality of life feature. Added in today's 14.0.0 firmware update was the "Groups" feature, which gives users the ability to collect their games and organize them into folders. If you have more than 12 games, you can navigate to the All Software tab, where you'll be prompted to select which games you'd like to put into a group, and then name it. The Switch can have up to 100 different groups with up to 200 individual games within each group.

:arrow: Source

Ver. 14.0.0 (Released March 21, 2022)​

"Groups" feature was added to the All Software menu.

• You can now create groups of software to help organize your software titles.
  • Making groups for different game genres, developers, or whatever you’d like to organize by may make it easier to find the application you want.
    • Up to 100 groups can be created with a max of 200 titles per group.
  • The button to proceed to the "All Software" screen is displayed only when there are 13 or more software title icons on the system.
  • For more information, see How to Create Groups of Software.

Bluetooth® Audio volume behavior was changed.

• You can now adjust the volume of Bluetooth audio devices using either the Nintendo Switch™ console or through volume control buttons on the Bluetooth audio device.
    • The Bluetooth audio device must support AVRCP profiles for these changes to work.
  • The volume displayed on the console will reflect the Bluetooth audio volume when using the device’s control buttons.
  • The maximum volume output for some Bluetooth audio devices has been increased.

UPDATE March 22nd: If you are running Atmosphere, it is recommended by SciresM that you avoid updating until the newest version is released as there are a number of changes in 14.0.0. It is currently in the works but will take a bit longer than most minor updates.

Atmosphere-14.0.0-Update.jpeg
Screenshot courtesy for @Alexander1970

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my sweet atelier games finally in some kind of logical order

View attachment 302737

I just wish you could open the groups from the main menu instead of having to go to all apps first, gotta love the nintendo caveat™
dam, one hell of a factory line pumping those out. watch out CoD
...been meaning to look into them more. not sure if they would peak my interest or noy
also, if it helps at all with quickly getting to the all apps section quickly, you can the home menu loops so you can just tap left to jump over there

Reactions: Takokeshi

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it has all the basics I wanted since launch now. Really all I ever needed was bluetooth audio, and folders would always have been nice. Now that they're both here, I'm happy. Only thing I'm genuinely looking for at this point would be actual themes we could purchase like the 3DS had, but as that's purely aesthetic, it's not a super pressing issue like these other things had been

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Lame. Cant NintenDOH do anything properly.
Have they even seen a PlayStation or Xbox and seen how they do folders.
This is pathetic, they are hidden behind many button clicks.
I would've liked to see you able to choose a folder and stay in that folder. Like the main screen show ONLY the folder you choose.
That way when you swap SD cards it only shows games on that card and playable ones. Nope, you have to click multiple times, multiple buttons to get to the 'group'.

And wait for the next update next week as when you choose 'downloaded games' its missing half the downloaded games and also showing not downloaded games so thats broken.
And where is the sorting for groups? In a group you can sort but only manually. There are lots of sorting options but none in groups.

They are really lame and have 0 testing. WE are the free beta testers. Pathetic nintenDOH. half assed it again like normal. They never do things the smart full way, only a tiny bit. Like themes, its black or white, no actual themes.
And Netflix said they had a working app BEFORE the Switch was even released (theyh obviously have a dev console) and they were ready to release it on launch day. So what does nintenDOH do? Nothing, ignore them, say no video streaming for at least a year. Thats a lie, then they add USA only streaming of what is it? Im not in USA so I cant remember, HULU, thats it. Then they add YouTube and manga (being in japan i see that as a thing thehy would do) but when everyone asks where is Netflix they say go ask netflix. WTF? The app is ready, nintenDOH wont approve it. Its been ready forever, got nothing to do with netflix its all nintenDOHs doing as why there is no netflix on Switch. There WAS on Wii and WiiU and 3DS until NintenDOH killed it off so they hate Netflix for some reason.

Can they do anything right? Want me to list the faults with just the Switch? It'll be a really long list. Then you have 3Ds, WiiU, Wii, 2DS, Switch LAME or as they call it Switch OLED....

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love how they finally add folders, but ONLY in that weird ass menu that's so out of the way. I've legit only found out about it recently, and used it all of twice just out of curiosity.

Is it so hard to just add folders to the home menu? Come on. That's the one place it makes sense keeping folders!

20220321_204159.jpg

xaxa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The Switch launched 3 Mar 2017
It took 5 years for folder support.

Remember how long it took to implement folders the next time anyone out there says you should solely depend on Nintendo for video game preservation.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have 0 testing. WE are the free beta testers.
Incorrect.

And Netflix said they had a working app BEFORE the Switch was even released (theyh obviously have a dev console) and they were ready to release it on launch day. So what does nintenDOH do? Nothing, ignore them, say no video streaming for at least a year. Thats a lie, then they add USA only streaming of what is it? Im not in USA so I cant remember, HULU, thats it. Then they add YouTube and manga (being in japan i see that as a thing thehy would do) but when everyone asks where is Netflix they say go ask netflix. WTF? The app is ready, nintenDOH wont approve it. Its been ready forever, got nothing to do with netflix its all nintenDOHs doing as why there is no netflix on Switch. There WAS on Wii and WiiU and 3DS until NintenDOH killed it off so they hate Netflix for some reason.
It's not that simple, Nintendo doesn't just *ignore* developers. Developers submit their application to Nintendo and they go through a testing process to ensure the application follows all of Nintendo's guidelines, then they're either accepted (and the developer can release the application) or they're rejected (and the developer needs to fix whatever issues and resubmit).
Netfix either:
A) Never submitted an application to Nintendo.
B) Submitted an application but it violated Nintendo's guidelines and they refused to fix it.
or C) Submitted an application back when N was more strict about streaming apps and never tried resubmitting afterwards.

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Finally my first Nintendo switch lite update. Buyed switch a week ago. But im curious. What about stability? Like on old 3ds console?
Im still on 13 fw.

Reactions: Takokeshi

NakedFaerie

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Incorrect.

It's not that simple, Nintendo doesn't just *ignore* developers. Developers submit their application to Nintendo and they go through a testing process to ensure the application follows all of Nintendo's guidelines, then they're either accepted (and the developer can release the application) or they're rejected (and the developer needs to fix whatever issues and resubmit).
Netfix either:
A) Never submitted an application to Nintendo.
B) Submitted an application but it violated Nintendo's guidelines and they refused to fix it.
or C) Submitted an application back when N was more strict about streaming apps and never tried resubmitting afterwards.
From wht ive read over the years, Netflix submitted the app as a launch app. NintenDOH said no not for at least a year.
They have the app, they have application for it but nintenDOH refuse to add it, it wasnt denied just delayed and nintenDOH keep it in limbo. Netflix cant submit it again as the submission is already there wating for NimtenDOH to approve or deny. Netflix said its all good and correct just waiting for nintenDOH to complete the submission which they wont.
Someone has paid them to not let netflix on the switch. Maybe hulu? Amazon? Microsoft? Who is anti-netflix and pro-nintendo?

But even now, go do your own enqueries and you get get from both sides they are waiting for the other side.
Its all a lie and nobody is saying the real reason why there is no netflix on the switch.
There is no real, good reason why its not there. The app has been ready forever, nintenDOH are the ones not allowing it but blaming Netflix for the delay.

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
before you can adjust the volume on the console buttons, but not with the earphone buttons, now you can.
I know. When I said I can already adjust the volume, I mean i can adjust the volume using the console buttons and headphone buttons. But now that I think about it, I think the update is referring to adjusting the console volume via console buttons and headphone buttons, and not the headphone's volume that I am thinking of which is independent volume from the console (though it does have similar affect).

scionae

*clicking circles*
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Finally, tho if I understood that correctly they won't be able to be seen on the Home screen. Just gonna wait for some modders to do their magic...

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Lame. Cant NintenDOH do anything properly.
Have they even seen a PlayStation or Xbox and seen how they do folders.
This is pathetic, they are hidden behind many button clicks.
I would've liked to see you able to choose a folder and stay in that folder. Like the main screen show ONLY the folder you choose.
That way when you swap SD cards it only shows games on that card and playable ones. Nope, you have to click multiple times, multiple buttons to get to the 'group'.

And wait for the next update next week as when you choose 'downloaded games' its missing half the downloaded games and also showing not downloaded games so thats broken.
And where is the sorting for groups? In a group you can sort but only manually. There are lots of sorting options but none in groups.

They are really lame and have 0 testing. WE are the free beta testers. Pathetic nintenDOH. half assed it again like normal. They never do things the smart full way, only a tiny bit. Like themes, its black or white, no actual themes.

Can they do anything right? Want me to list the faults with just the Switch? It'll be a really long list. Then you have 3Ds, WiiU, Wii, 2DS, Switch LAME or as they call it Switch OLED....

Based Nintendo blocking Shitflix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk how hot of a take this is, but science as a subject sucks