Nintendo Switch firmware 14.0.0 released, finally adds folder support

Screenshot_20220321-194402_Brave.jpg

More than five years after the launch of the Nintendo Switch, the console has gotten a major quality of life feature. Added in today's 14.0.0 firmware update was the "Groups" feature, which gives users the ability to collect their games and organize them into folders. If you have more than 12 games, you can navigate to the All Software tab, where you'll be prompted to select which games you'd like to put into a group, and then name it. The Switch can have up to 100 different groups with up to 200 individual games within each group.

:arrow: Source

Ver. 14.0.0 (Released March 21, 2022)​

"Groups" feature was added to the All Software menu.

• You can now create groups of software to help organize your software titles.
  • Making groups for different game genres, developers, or whatever you’d like to organize by may make it easier to find the application you want.
    • Up to 100 groups can be created with a max of 200 titles per group.
  • The button to proceed to the "All Software" screen is displayed only when there are 13 or more software title icons on the system.
  • For more information, see How to Create Groups of Software.

Bluetooth® Audio volume behavior was changed.

• You can now adjust the volume of Bluetooth audio devices using either the Nintendo Switch™ console or through volume control buttons on the Bluetooth audio device.
    • The Bluetooth audio device must support AVRCP profiles for these changes to work.
  • The volume displayed on the console will reflect the Bluetooth audio volume when using the device’s control buttons.
  • The maximum volume output for some Bluetooth audio devices has been increased.

UPDATE March 22nd: If you are running Atmosphere, it is recommended by SciresM that you avoid updating until the newest version is released as there are a number of changes in 14.0.0. It is currently in the works but will take a bit longer than most minor updates.

Atmosphere-14.0.0-Update.jpeg
Screenshot courtesy for @Alexander1970

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, 14.0.0 comes with updated gamecard firmware. Just thought I'd mention it. No going back now :P
It's always good to consider that a possibility, thanks for the confirmation, you can always go back just have to stick to eshop only ( not good for some people ). Fuse or this more troublesome? I am fine with both but there is really no good reason to update yet.

Reactions: Takokeshi

FirM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to blow up another thread on the subject, but I'm waiting to upgrade until someone can confirm that Goldleaf and/or Tinfoil work on Atmos 1.3 | HOS 14.0.0. Checkpoint too. And do those 12+ NSP Forwarders (i.e. Retroarch) still work too?

I need those sweet sweet folders in my veins lol.

Edit: I can't figure out AtmolXL or DBI, and USB installs never worked for me via Tinfoil, so I always went the traditional SD card transfer route.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally updated to 14.1, I applaud Nintendo for not doing anything disruptive to users, on the other hand the group feature is quite lame. It's just an extension to the sort feature in "All Software" which is only available to people with more than 12 games. Now you have another way to locate your game if you have too many and you even forgot the first letter of the name of the game. Now you can put in some effort to organize them into group, name them so you won't forget and when you are old and forgetful hopefully you be able to find them again.

Hey Nintendo, this group feature requires too much work! How about a auto grouping by genres or publishers? How about by year bought and put also a number beside the folder so we can see at one glance which year we bought the most number of games from your eshop. Group by play time or play frequency would be very interesting too.

Last edited by TomSwitch,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: since you guys are so horny, who's up for smash or pass?