Nintendo Switch Dock Drifting

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by pikalols18, Jul 21, 2019.

1. pikalols18
    OP

pikalols18 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    edit; i screwed up the title

Ok, so, I was playing Minecraft with my friends, and we decided to have a battle. Ok, cool! I look at one of my friends to hit him with my sword aaaaaand... the camera moves away?!?!?!
    Yeah, so this really happened. It happens with my right joy-cons. However, the joy-cons that are affected the most, are newer than my grey joy-cons. I also noticed it mostly happens in Minecraft, and NES classic games. It's super annoying, and makes the games basically impossible. The right buttons, are also affected by this bug. It mostly happens with my red-blue joy-cons. Don't wanna risk losing these joy-cons, as I have a vacation coming up in 2 weeks, so I need a fix ASAP. Thanks! Pika

Last edited by pikalols18, Jul 21, 2019
  2. Akira

Akira I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!

Apr 28, 2013
    United States
    Dock? Drifting?!?! :wacko:

Anyways, If it’s still under warranty, ask for replacement. If not, try the fix mentioned on some youtube tutorial. If those doesn’t fix the “joycon” drift, then you need to replace the thumb sticks.

Last edited by Akira, Jul 21, 2019
  3. pikalols18
    OP

pikalols18 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    whoops, screwed up on the title lmao

4. dsrules

dsrules GBAtemp Guru

Sep 20, 2005
    Usually moving the right stick will return it to normal

5. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

pip Contributor
    Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
    It's a known joycon issue, a lawsuit has been recently filed regarding it.

6. Jack54782

Jack54782 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    A9LH CRUSADE
    There are guides on the internet as to how joy con drift can be fixed. Try looking at them for a solution?

7. pikalols18
    OP

pikalols18 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2018
    United States
    the buttons are also affected by this delay, would it also be fixed with the thumb sticks? also i can't repair it in time for my vacation.