Hardware Nintendo Switch Blue Sreen of Death

caketin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I Have a Nintendo Switch (OFW 7.0.1) that boots into Blue Screen.
The fault started when I tried to remove large amounts of game screen shots.
The console would just freeze and crash.
I decided to put the console into the Nintendo recovery console mode with user data kept intact.
The console sort of recovered and took me to the joy con install screen.
like an idiot I decided to tap lightly on the back looking for things that might cause an intermittent fault.
The console froze which meant I had to do a force shutdown, now when I try to boot the console it goes to the blue Panic mode screen.
I did not know anything at the time about switch homebrew, but while trying to find a online fix, I learned about the RCM JIG.
Now i have tried going into RCM mode with hekate injected by TegraRcmGUI (2.5)
Hekate will load but the logo of CTCaer at the bottom part of the screen shows a little corrupt.
This leads me to belief that the internal memory is corrupt or damaged somehow. Maybe a dry soldered joint on the package? Or maybe a faulty component not giving enough power etc..
I can navigate the hekate menu ok , but trying to back up the nand is impossible because it wont write to micro sd card either.
hekate also shows that the battery is charging, so not sure if this rules out the charging IC.
It sort of detects that a micro sd card is inserted but there is 0 bytes written.
If I try to boot into rcm mode with hekate payload, with the micro sd card inserted, the console will not boot into hekate and requires a force shutdown. TegraRcmGU before shutdown shows that the payload was sent but there is a blank screen also.

Please no comments about should of backed up Nand first, Please remember that I ended up on the gbatemp forum as a newbie looking for a solution other than a Ninty repair bill.
I have tried to read the posts on the blue screen of Death and not sure if there is a easy fix without soldering skills etc....
I know there is quite a few people on this forum that can can give me good advice on detecting and if needed repairing this fault.
If you think I need expert repair is there any affiliated shop on gbatemp in the UK that could help?
Sorry for the long winded newbie post, but any help would be appreciated.

caketin

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
sounds like a bad joint on the ram chip, i have a console with similar behaviours, does your switch appear to have developed the "bend" in the middle, lie the tablet on a flat surface (with the controllers removed) and look if there is a slight curve to the tablet, I'm assuming this was the cause of the bad solder joint on the tablet i have, would be nice to know how common this issue is and if it is indeed down to the warping consoles

caketin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi gamesquest1 thanks for the reply to be honest the console tablet does not look bent.
The tablet does not seem to bend or rock on a flat surface.
I have just done the flat ruler test, which shows no bend.

caketin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1