Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i got banned only few minutes using internet on game mh rise(switch lite ams 1.1.1 fw 13), with error 2147-4618
cannot enter nintendo eshop, but nintendo news still do

darkpl

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
I updated atmosphere and accidentally selected the CFW-Sysmmc option in hekate instead of the CFW-Emummc option, it booted my sysnand with atmosphere, I was in airplane mode offline and then I immediately shut down the console.

Does that mean I have a dirty Nand now?
Is it unsafe to go online with my sysnand even if I use the Stock option in hekate?

Last edited by darkpl,

Calcifer13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated atmosphere and accidentally selected the CFW-Sysmmc option in hekate, it booted my sysnand with atmosphere, I was in airplane mode offline and then I immediately shut down the console.

Does that mean I have a dirty Nand now?
Is it unsafe to go online with my sysnand even if I use the Stock option in hekate?
No, you do not have a dirty NAND. As long you didn't do anything incriminating, like pirate games or use blatant hacks online, you are safe. I use SysCFW all the time to edit my saves and I have not gotten banned. I switch back to Stock whenever I want to use Nintendo's online services. (I am always offline whenever I'm in SysCFW).

In summary, you are still safe. You can still use Stock to go online and use Nintendo's online services.

Last edited by Calcifer13,

darkpl

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
No, you do not have a dirty NAND. As long you didn't do anything incriminating, like pirate games or use blatant hacks online, you are safe. I use SysCFW all the time to edit my saves and I have not gotten banned. I switch back to Stock whenever I want to use Nintendo's online services. (I am always offline whenever I'm in SysNAND).

In summary, you are still safe. You can still use Stock to go online and use Nintendo's online services.

Thank you so much, that's really good to know, I freaked out as soon as I saw the atmosphere logo so I didn't do anything with my CFW besides checking that atmosphere was active in system information and then turning off the switch.

MK73DS

Non-commutative algebra
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
France
The spreadsheet is quite difficult to read, is there any evidence of a ban if I use SysCFW with internet enabled but without installing any game or piracy? (I only use sysclk to get better fps, some game mods increasing graphic quality and/or fps and Retroarch)
Until now, I was doing what Calcifer13 does
I switch back to Stock whenever I want to use Nintendo's online services. (I am always offline whenever I'm in SysCFW).
However, I got a Switch OLED linked to the same Nintendo account so I can freely transfer my saves. My OG hacked Switch will be mainly used docked (and overclocked for better gaming experience) and my OLED Switch mainly handheld (thanks to the better screen). I am now using the new dock with built-in Ethernet, so now my OG Switch will very often be online (even in airplane mode wired ethernet works). Can I stay on SysCFW if I only do overclocks and mods? (not online mods, just graphic mods). If I end up banned, will my Nintendo account be banned (and my OLED Switch as well) or is it only my OG Switch that is banned and I can still play online on my OLED one? (that won't bother me)

Thank you for reading!

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The spreadsheet is quite difficult to read, is there any evidence of a ban if I use SysCFW with internet enabled but without installing any game or piracy? (I only use sysclk to get better fps, some game mods increasing graphic quality and/or fps and Retroarch)
Until now, I was doing what Calcifer13 does

However, I got a Switch OLED linked to the same Nintendo account so I can freely transfer my saves. My OG hacked Switch will be mainly used docked (and overclocked for better gaming experience) and my OLED Switch mainly handheld (thanks to the better screen). I am now using the new dock with built-in Ethernet, so now my OG Switch will very often be online (even in airplane mode wired ethernet works). Can I stay on SysCFW if I only do overclocks and mods? (not online mods, just graphic mods). If I end up banned, will my Nintendo account be banned (and my OLED Switch as well) or is it only my OG Switch that is banned and I can still play online on my OLED one? (that won't bother me)

Thank you for reading!
Well no one has been banned for only using Atmosphere specifically but people have been banned for using ReiNX so take that for what you will. As for using overclocks and mods, again there is no data but that is adding more hacks increasing the chances that Nintendo will detect you. Lastly, majority of bans only affect the console. Account bans are limited to things like credit card fraud.

fodohollow

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, I have been using my clean sysnand to play Switch with OFW but I want to use CFW in my emunand. Do I need to backup my sysnand again to prevent banning?

KytuzuZE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have been using my clean sysnand to play Switch with OFW but I want to use CFW in my emunand. Do I need to backup my sysnand again to prevent banning?
I wonder the same thing.
The only reason I hacked my switch, was to mod Smash Ultimate, I am not interested in playing online BUT... is it safe to go to launch Homwbrew R button, on Eshop to see, buy and check some Nintendo stuff... while being inside CFW(SysNAND)???

Because I tried to use EmuNAND but everything it's empty, doesn't appear my DLC and game updates stuff from my Stock one.

Also if for some reason, the switch needs to update or a game... what I could do?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder the same thing.
The only reason I hacked my switch, was to mod Smash Ultimate, I am not interested in playing online BUT... is it safe to go to launch Homwbrew R button, on Eshop to see, buy and check some Nintendo stuff... while being inside CFW(SysNAND)???

Because I tried to use EmuNAND but everything it's empty, doesn't appear my DLC and game updates stuff from my Stock one.

Also if for some reason, the switch needs to update or a game... what I could do?
Its not 100% safe to go online with CFW. If needed, you can install a game update in the form of a .NSP file.

Metatron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So long story short I took my switch to a place with saved wi-fi settings. I changed the DNS settings for all my saved connections except one, apparently. I discovered this when I turned it on from sleep mode and saw a software update had been pushed to me by Nintendo while on emuMMC.

That said, I'm not that worried about a ban. I've only recently installed CFW and used basic homebrew with it. No ROMs or NSPs on it, no online game modding. My only concern is that the error logs of emuMMC were uploaded - failed connection attempts to a Nintendo service with 90DNS. I'm afraid the next time I go online with stock firmware the logs missing from emuMMC will flag me for a ban. I only need to know if it's possible to synchronize error logs between sysMMC and emuMMC to prevent this.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So long story short I took my switch to a place with saved wi-fi settings. I changed the DNS settings for all my saved connections except one, apparently. I discovered this when I turned it on from sleep mode and saw a software update had been pushed to me by Nintendo while on emuMMC.

That said, I'm not that worried about a ban. I've only recently installed CFW and used basic homebrew with it. No ROMs or NSPs on it, no online game modding. My only concern is that the error logs of emuMMC were uploaded - failed connection attempts to a Nintendo service with 90DNS. I'm afraid the next time I go online with stock firmware the logs missing from emuMMC will flag me for a ban. I only need to know if it's possible to synchronize error logs between sysMMC and emuMMC to prevent this.
Just never mess with the wifi settings in emuMMc keep 90DNS enabled. The whole purpose of emuMMc is to pirate/hack offline away from Nintendo Services which should prevent you from getting updates. emuMMc and SysMMc are 2 different nands nothing is shared after you had created an emuMMc. Error logs wont ban your switch. You are going to run into them alot so dont worry about it.
To OP:
A link to an emuMMc/Incognito tutorial on the front page can also help prevent alot post panicking and possible bans since alot of folks are new to the switch hacking community and don't understand how emuMMc works or they aren't using it at all.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

Metatron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just never mess with the wifi settings in emuMMc keep 90DNS enabled. The whole purpose of emuMMc is to pirate/hack offline away from Nintendo Services which should prevent you from getting updates. emuMMc and SysMMc are 2 different nands nothing is shared after you had created an emuMMc. Error logs wont ban your switch. You are going to run into them alot so dont worry about it.
To OP:
A link to an emuMMc/Incognito tutorial on the front page can also help prevent alot post panicking and possible bans since alot of folks are new to the switch hacking community and don't understand how emuMMc works or they aren't using it at all.

Thanks for the reply. I understand these NANDs are separated and don't share any connection, I'm just concerned that going online with a different NAND, that is stock firmware, and Nintendo seeing different error logs might trigger something, since I've already accidentally gone online with emuMMC without 90DNS. This is all that I'm worried about and unless I'm misunderstanding something, people being banned for clearing error logs that have been sent to Nintendo would also mean one can get banned for using a different NAND with different logs, since essentially the same thing occurs, does it not? That is, Nintendo's record of your system errors no longer match with what they've seen from your console because you're using a separate NAND with different logs.

Going forward I've decided to simply delete any internet settings aside from my home network which is already configured for 90DNS. I would suggest anyone else do the same and if you want to connect to the internet on CFW while going out, do so as you go along so you never accidentally connect to Nintendo's servers like I did (in my defense, I had been drinking)

Reactions: MasterJ360

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I understand these NANDs are separated and don't share any connection, I'm just concerned that going online with a different NAND, that is stock firmware, and Nintendo seeing different error logs might trigger something, since I've already accidentally gone online with emuMMC without 90DNS. This is all that I'm worried about and unless I'm misunderstanding something, people being banned for clearing error logs that have been sent to Nintendo would also mean one can get banned for using a different NAND with different logs, since essentially the same thing occurs, does it not? That is, Nintendo's record of your system errors no longer match with what they've seen from your console because you're using a separate NAND with different logs.

Going forward I've decided to simply delete any internet settings aside from my home network which is already configured for 90DNS. I would suggest anyone else do the same and if you want to connect to the internet on CFW while going out, do so as you go along so you never accidentally connect to Nintendo's servers like I did (in my defense, I had been drinking)
Your fine no one on this thread has been ban for an error log, clearing or tampering with log data has been known for bans. The best way to handle this is just turn off wifi completely when using CFW if your not sure 90DNS is active. That can help relieve panics of worrying if a log was sent which it cant b/c your offline. Aslong you aren't running pirated games/cheats online as in multiplayer activities on either nand you have nothing to worry about.

I also highly suggest you look into Incognito mode here on this site for your emuMMC this give you the option to blank out your switch's serial key preventing it from connecting to Nintendo aslong you have it enabled. Its basically 90DNS, but as an on/off switch homebrew. It will only blank the serial key on emuMMC while you can still play online on your sysnand its just more protection incase 90DNS stops working for whatever reason.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
incognito is definitely the way to go. blocks nintendo but also doesn't make your internet balls slow using 90dns so you can ftp properly and play online using lanplay.

Last edited by Chaosta,

kingnamu

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hello just got my hand back to my cfw since last year, so I migrated my cfw switch from sx os to atmosphere, followed you*tube tutorial and ends up having tinfoil installer inside my switch. Since I became unfamiliar with the buttons I accidentally installed (I tried to delete it) the tinfoil app but I immediately uninstalled it without opening. I'm running sysnand at that moment with my wifi connected. never installed any pirated game before. Will my switch get banned? or do I can do thing to prevent it? Thank you in advance

Last edited by kingnamu,

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello just got my hand back to my cfw since last year, so I migrated my cfw switch from sx os to atmosphere, followed you*tube tutorial and ends up having tinfoil installer inside my switch. Since I became unfamiliar with the buttons I accidentally installed (I tried to delete it) the tinfoil app but I immediately uninstalled it without opening. I'm running sysnand at that moment with my wifi connected. never installed any pirated game before. Will my switch get banned? or do I can do thing to prevent it? Thank you in advance
If you already booted CFW with Wi-Fi settings that connect your console to the Internet, the data has already been transmitted to Nintendo. Now its just a waiting game of whether or not you will be banned.

memodac531

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Hi!

I have emuNAND installed to my SD card and now I want to play some official games on my sysNAND. My concern is that when I load in sysNAND, my sd card with all the data is still inserted, therefore, theoretically Nintendo switch can analyze the data and see that I have a custom software leading to potential ban. Could you tell me please, is this something to actually be cautious of or in practice it is safe?

The reason why I can't remove my sd card is that I don't have rcm rig, but a self-made pin rig, that works rather unstable, so I leave autorcm on, and thus I need to go to hekate first to launch sysNAND.

Thank you in advance!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end