Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

theboxman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Suspect the answer is there's no way to fix it and the clean sysnand boat has sailed..however in case anyone has any ideas....

I made a clean sysnand backup before I started using homebrew. Don't think emunand was an option at first. I then used homebrew/backups etc on sysnand...before emunand appeared and I basically started to do all of my cfw stuff on emunand.

Problem - I updated my (dirty) systnand firmware (burning fuses) once to enable me to play a legit game (if memory serves). The version is still very low but it is a higher firmware version than my clean nand backup....

What I didn't consider at the time was that my only clean nand backup would fail the fuse check if I reflashed it after doing that....

My worry is - I can't flash back to my clean nand and update to match the efuses as it probably won't boot without my launching CFW??

Is there a solution? Is it likely to dirty my restored clean nand if I go through hakete or something to boot into sysnand to skip the fuse check on the clean nand and then use the official update (not CDJ which is obviously running a homebrew app and would need cfw) to reupdate to the version which would match the fuses again to get a clean sysnand?? Will the stock update work if the fuses are incorrect at the beginning of the process?

If possible it might be nice to get a clean sysnand just not sure if there's away to do it anymore thanks to that one update... :-/

Reactions: dza

Jqwr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to?

Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? Y

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? Y
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? Y
Trimmed .XCI? Y
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Y
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? very old, 1.x
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
Used DevMenu? Y
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? Y
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
Did you ever use ReiNX? Y
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? Both
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? Y
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? Y
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Y
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
Console/Account Region(s) USA
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? soldered joycon

Not banned

celestialyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm here just to confirm that SX OS CFW without doubt does get consoles banned but emuNAND does not.

Out of my multiple Switches, I have two hacked consoles, one with CFW emuNAND and the other one with SX OS CFW.

I did not go online when I was on SX OS CFW and I did not install any homebrew or any .nsp's. I played only legit games on my SX OS CFW but apparently it has some dirty shit in it that makes the NAND dirty with some files and when I booted up stock OS (without SD card and without RCM; just a normal boot) I got banned a week later.

The emuNAND device hasn't been banned until now when stock OFW is booted.

Do not use SX OS CFW.

Nevertheless this was actually a testing device because I wanted to see if having only CFW will get you banned or not.
I've got another multiple Switches and I'm going to sell this one and buy another testing device.

Does anyone have an idea what i should test next and see if it gets banned or not? anyone a good idea what to try?
Having atmos CFW on sysnand without any NSP installed and going online with it and still doing fine. Most people have emummc set-up and do multiple boot with: Stock, emmummc & synand CFW. I'm just curious if booting to Sysnand CFW without any NSP installed but have sigpatches can get the system flagged.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having atmos CFW on sysnand without any NSP installed and going online with it and still doing fine. Most people have emummc set-up and do multiple boot with: Stock, emmummc & synand CFW. I'm just curious if booting to Sysnand CFW without any NSP installed but have sigpatches can get the system flagged.
I'm not aware of any evidence that someone with only Atmosphere plus signature patches has been banned before. However, I personally wouldn't use signature patches on a clean sysMMC. If I had to use Atmosphere on a clean sysMMC, I would try to keep things as vanilla as possible. I would also use all homebrew offline.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that is highly risky as the size of the eMMC chip is one of the reports sent via the Switch's telemetry. This was also why there was concern for the initial release of emuMMC by TX because it was believed that they were cutting the eMMC in half which was not safe in terms of bans (which was later confirmed to be false).

Reactions: Firexploit

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to?

Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? Y
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? N
Trimmed .XCI? Y
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Y
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? Y (note: only before 9.0.0 droped, no afterwards)
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.1
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
Used DevMenu? Y
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? CFW
Did you ever use ReiNX? N
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y (CFW: Atmoshphere ;Homebrews: checkpoint, retroarch, theme injector, sysftpd, ftpd, nxmtp, openRCT2, testla, sys-clk, discord presence, McOsu, renpy, homebrew browser probably more I forgot, ;ErrorCodes: unkown)
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? Y
AutoRCM? Both
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? Y
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Y
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
Console/Account Region(s) EUR / EUR, USA, JAP
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? PC, Android, SX Pro
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y (node: still active joycon mod)

Additional Comments:
should mostly match for both of my switches, both are in CFW while going online for around 2 years, with around 1-2 month between the first CFW usage, never did a nand restore nor created an emunand, both are not banned

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra,

mesmeriize

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has there been any bans with people using emummc cfw offline and sysnand ofw online on 1 microSD card?

I've been using the 2 microSD cards method and I've been fine for months but I want to avoid damaging my cards and the slot due to constant replacing. I have a 512gb and a 128gb.

Is it worth the suspected risk of using 1 sd card for both which Nintendo may be able to see the cfw files inside? If I get banned, I'll just sell it and buy another one and backup and restore my saves.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Has there been any bans with people using emummc cfw offline and sysnand ofw online on 1 microSD card?

I've been using the 2 microSD cards method and I've been fine for months but I want to avoid damaging my cards and the slot due to constant replacing. I have a 512gb and a 128gb.

Is it worth the suspected risk of using 1 sd card for both which Nintendo may be able to see the cfw files inside? If I get banned, I'll just sell it and buy another one and backup and restore my saves.
Yeah, I'm gonna pull the trigger and just use my 512gb for both. There's been many times I accidentally booted into ofw with cfw sd card so I don't believe Nintendo is checking. It's not worth modding to be so paranoid.

Sachka

Trophies
XP
Country
France

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, I'm gonna pull the trigger and just use my 512gb for both. There's been many times I accidentally booted into ofw with cfw sd card so I don't believe Nintendo is checking. It's not worth modding to be so paranoid.

I modded my switch on december 2019, I have my ofw with my online subscription and games, cfw partition with everything else, I do lots of save editions by using homebrew in ofw while offline. I always boot without RCM to go online. No issues so far.

djcraze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes that is highly risky as the size of the eMMC chip is one of the reports sent via the Switch's telemetry. This was also why there was concern for the initial release of emuMMC by TX because it was believed that they were cutting the eMMC in half which was not safe in terms of bans (which was later confirmed to be false).

Except that stuff like that isn't sent in CFW telemetry anymore ... I don't have a source, but I'm fairly confident that information is not sent if you're using Atmosphere.

Nico2001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
banning related question:
I have an unpatched switch, with emummc with atmosphere. I have been playing nsp on my emummc but I want to be able to play a game online without getting banned. If a buy a game catridge and play it on sysnand online, will my switch get banned?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
banning related question:
I have an unpatched switch, with emummc with atmosphere. I have been playing nsp on my emummc but I want to be able to play a game online without getting banned. If a buy a game catridge and play it on sysnand online, will my switch get banned?
I don't see why you would.

caspaas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldnt we create a sub server for the modded Nintendo Switch so the peeps who download the NSP and play those can play together?

Like having our own Server for the games, and when we switch back you are back on Nintendo servers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM