Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

buhdiego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Let me ask u guys something:

I began using hacks on my switch this week. My switch was and still is (of course hehe) on firmware 8.1.0 (all fuses burnt - 10, i guess)
I'm using hekate - CTCaer mod v5.0.0 & Nyx v0.8.0 with emuNAND Atmosphere/Kosmos 0.9.2.
Never used AutoRCM

When I want to use NSP and stuff, I inject hekate payload and boot into emuNAND cfw.
when I want to play online and purchased titles, I completely turn off my switch, take off my sd card and let it boot as i never hacked it before (with no rcm mode and no payload)...

so, here are my doubts:
1. Is it safer to boot OFW the way i'm doing it already or to boot via hekate with the OFW (emunand disabled) option?
2. Before doing anything, i injected the hekate payload to make my clean nand full raw backup, but in some attempts, it did not boot, causing the switch to freeze in rcm mode (black screen) and i had to turn it off holding power button for 10 seconds to try again... did it flag my switch somehow so nintendo can notice i was trying to inject payload?

I guess that's all my doubts for now
sorry for any english errors as I'm not a native speaker hehe

Darkrai27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Let me ask u guys something:

I began using hacks on my switch this week. My switch was and still is (of course hehe) on firmware 8.1.0 (all fuses burnt - 10, i guess)
I'm using hekate - CTCaer mod v5.0.0 & Nyx v0.8.0 with emuNAND Atmosphere/Kosmos 0.9.2.
Never used AutoRCM

When I want to use NSP and stuff, I inject hekate payload and boot into emuNAND cfw.
when I want to play online and purchased titles, I completely turn off my switch, take off my sd card and let it boot as i never hacked it before (with no rcm mode and no payload)...

so, here are my doubts:
1. Is it safer to boot OFW the way i'm doing it already or to boot via hekate with the OFW (emunand disabled) option?
2. Before doing anything, i injected the hekate payload to make my clean nand full raw backup, but in some attempts, it did not boot, causing the switch to freeze in rcm mode (black screen) and i had to turn it off holding power button for 10 seconds to try again... did it flag my switch somehow so nintendo can notice i was trying to inject payload?

I guess that's all my doubts for now
sorry for any english errors as I'm not a native speaker hehe
Yo should be ok, the way you boot to play online is the safest way posible, as it is the same as booting the console normally

Reactions: buhdiego

beanjr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welp, just found out today that my modded Switch is banned. When it happened, or how it happened, I have no idea.

My guess is, at one point, my Switch contacted Nintendo's servers (didn't reboot after installing Incognito a few months ago or something)

Had NSP files, and pretty much did typical hacker things.

I can't link Nintendo accounts, can't access the shop, and can't install game updates.

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Welp, just found out today that my modded Switch is banned. When it happened, or how it happened, I have no idea.

My guess is, at one point, my Switch contacted Nintendo's servers (didn't reboot after installing Incognito a few months ago or something)

Had NSP files, and pretty much did typical hacker things.

I can't link Nintendo accounts, can't access the shop, and can't install game updates.
You probably linked all your pirated nsp's to your account and got it sent to nintendo.

Darkrai27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Installing incognito is the best and most reliable way to connect your emuMMC to the internet without getting banned, right?

NdEpic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to leave this here since I was reading this thread for quite some times.

I used SX Pro to homebrew my switch to edit a save file back when the firmware was on 5.0.2. (about a year ago)
I decided to bite a bullet and connected to WIFI for the online features.
It has been 3 months since I've been online with my dirty nand, and I have not been banned yet.
I will report back when I get banned.

MyconMama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to? N/A
Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? Y
Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
SX OS used? N
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? N -- Using Atmosphere EmuMMC now though
Trimmed .XCI? N
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? N
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? Both
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? Y
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? N
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
Used DevMenu? Y
Installed any .NSP? Y
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? Y
Did you play any .NSP installed online? Y -- But to be clear, they couldn't connect to Nintendo servers because of 90DNS, so I'm not sure that counts.
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? OFW
Did you ever use ReiNX? N
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Y (Specify any and all homebrew used/crashes/error codes) -- Atmosphere only, Kosmos bundle and all its associated homebrew. NXTheme. RetroArch. Tinfoil (all versions incl GUI+Nut). MANY crashes, especially during NSP installation with Goldleaf, and RetroArch beta core usage.
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? Hekate
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujourNX? Y
Did you install the exFAT update offline? Y
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? N
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Y
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
Console/Account Region(s) NA (USA)
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? PC only (TegraRcmGUI)
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y -- first with wire between 10 and heatsink, now by jig; AutoRCM always enabled when possible.
If Banned, provide proof (video preferred) N/A
Additional Comments --
Timeline: Got switch Fall 2018. Added 90DNS settings to stock 6.2+ExFAT SysNAND, then entered RCM with a wire between heatsink and pin10. Made full BOOT1/0+RawNAND backups. Followed guides to derive keys and install Atmosphere (Kosmos thru SD-Setup).

Used CFW extensively online with only 90DNS (no Incognito/error log wiping/etc) for protection, including homebrew installer, RetroArch updater, etc. Was online while playing many NSPs which had online play, but they could not connect. Never had a time when 90DNS was not active on Wi-Fi connection. Updated to 8.1+ExFAT with ChoiDujourNX.

July 6th, I used EaseUS to resize my SD Card partition and create an empty hidden Fat32 partition. I then used Hekate+Nyx to make my CFW SysNAND into an EmuMMC. Confirmed it worked by booting thru Nyx. Put RawNAND+Boot1/0 onto clean ExFAT SD, then restored to SysNAND via Hekate. Disabled AutoRCM and launched SysNAND normally. Updated to 8.1 thru System Settings, used RCM Jig and held Vol+ during automatic reboot to return to Hekate and reenable AutoRCM, and confirmed still only 8 fuses burnt. Rebooted to SysNAND via Hekate. Updated all cartidge titles, downloaded some free games thru eShop, confirmed all my friend requests that had piled up, played Fortnite. Still not banned (as of 7/30/19), and will return to update if that ever changes.

Biggest takeaway is probably that for the last 10 months, 90DNS has been safe and sufficient to avoid a ban, as long as you're sensible with wi-fi connections.

EDIT 11/16/2019:
Still not banned. Have really been enjoying Pokemon Shield online! It would tentatively seem that having CFW files on your SD card, having NoGC patch enabled when booting to stock, and booting stock thru Hekate (to prevent fuse burning) are not currently triggering bans.

Last edited by MyconMama,

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country
I’ve recently just gone full official. All I’ve done is format my switch and revert back to factory settings from using SXOS.

My switch never went online at all. Did typical hacker things. Has anyone been banned after doing the same as
Me?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve recently just gone full official. All I’ve done is format my switch and revert back to factory settings from using SXOS.

My switch never went online at all. Did typical hacker things. Has anyone been banned after doing the same as
Me?
If all you did was format your Switch, you will likely get banned. Do you have a clean NAND backup?

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country
If all you did was format your Switch, you will likely get banned. Do you have a clean NAND backup?
No. Lucius you seem to upset me with every post you respond to me with. I’m taking my chances at the moment so will see how far I get. How quickly are people getting banned?

NEO-BAHAMUT-

Trophies
XP
Country
Apologies on your name lol. Honest mistake. I haven’t done anything to clean my NAND. I’m a risk i guess however my only saving grace is I completely removed any home brew, nsp or XCI... put the switch in recovery mode and restored to factory settings.

My switch has never been online until yesterday so I figure that I’m less of a risk. If Nintendo delve even further in to it and ban my console by reading my NAND then fair enough. I’ would then sell it with SXOS Pro with it.

Im intrigued to find out if people have been banned like this?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies on your name lol. Honest mistake. I haven’t done anything to clean my NAND. I’m a risk i guess however my only saving grace is I completely removed any home brew, nsp or XCI... put the switch in recovery mode and restored to factory settings.

My switch has never been online until yesterday so I figure that I’m less of a risk. If Nintendo delve even further in to it and ban my console by reading my NAND then fair enough. I’ would then sell it with SXOS Pro with it.

Im intrigued to find out if people have been banned like this?
There have been people banned even after performing a factory reset.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ¡¡¡ tttoN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ssssey ioBtneicnA@
    +1
    :angry: ¡¡¡¡¡ oooooooooooooooooooooooN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ?draeh ton uoy evaH
    Gives you "The 🖕 BIRD" :tpi::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
    +2
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Gives you "The 🖕 BIRD" :tpi::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: +2