Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

D

Deleted-351540

When? Did you use homebrew online? Are you using Atmos? Got weird error code? It seems like telemetry report or weird error code caught you.

Early. I used ReiNX, when it came out. I only went online to update my cart games and update my OFW. I'm not worried about being banned though. I don't play online.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until nintendo start scanning our microsds it will be safe I think,lets see if someone get banned with emunand offline -ofw and online

Edit: I forgot we need to know if the emunand is a entire emunand that is not using anything from ofw just in case
Thats exactly what Emunand does. Its a complete separate/copy of the sysnand anything you do on it does not update or change the sysnand(ofw) saves,dlc,updates, or any new games you play

Reactions: Nezztor

Vistalia

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Does anyone tried to update game in CFW/EmuNand and got ban?

Ho do you update game in EmuNand? I am not able to find solution by not using NSP install.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone tried to update game in CFW/EmuNand and got ban?

Ho do you update game in EmuNand? I am not able to find solution by not using NSP install.
Either you download the updates in .NSP format and install them or you merge them with your .XCI file with NSC Builder. The point of SX's EmuNAND is to not bring it online so updating games officially with that would definitely lead to a ban hence why no one does it.

Casis

I'm no hero, but I try to help when I can.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used only checkpoint and atmosphere (with 90dns enabled) and I'm still not banned. Been doing it for months now.
Checkpoint is the save manager right? That’s literally ALL I want to do. Is even having an internet connection enabled such as your WiFi signal the way they get the code for using homebrew to ban you? Or is it only if you buy the online service?

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is absolutely untrue. While most of your post is correct in that doing any of that will get you banned, it should be noted that using homebrew will get you banned as well.

I only hacked my Switch for the sole purpose of emulators. I don't pirate. I don't care if you do, but I don't. I don't play online because I don't care to, and I haven't purchased Nintendo's online service. My console was banned for simply having and using homebrew emulators and utilities. Yep... Plain old Retroarch, NX-Shell, and Checkpoint. And I'm banned.

Hate to break it to you, but emulators are piracy xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Checkpoint is the save manager right? That’s literally ALL I want to do. Is even having an internet connection enabled such as your WiFi signal the way they get the code for using homebrew to ban you? Or is it only if you buy the online service?

NAND backup and only run homebrew in emunand I guess, then you won't have to restore NAND so often, but nothing is 100% Any homebrew detected by nintendo will ban you from eshop/etc. not just the paid online service.

HairHuntTroop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to use a DLC code for Senran Kagura Peach Ball but I'm on 5.1 in Horizon and don't want to burn fuses. I know I can update to 6.2 in CFW with ChoiDujourNX but will that allow eshop access without a ban?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You must update to 6.2.0 to use the eShop. You probably won't be banned if you're merely running CFW without pirating games, but your chances of being banned are not 0%.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Once you ran CFW on your system, going online is never going to be safe again.
Safest thing you can do is to restore your nand backup and update and start all over again with CFW after that.
My personal opinion is that you won't get banned if you boot to OFW just to access eshop. But the ban possibility is still here.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to use a DLC code for Senran Kagura Peach Ball but I'm on 5.1 in Horizon and don't want to burn fuses. I know I can update to 6.2 in CFW with ChoiDujourNX but will that allow eshop access without a ban?

The game sucks and plays itself, you can just spam left/right trigger and you will get an S-Rank and win every time.

ZachyCatGames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been doing online shit with CFW for months, and I've been fine

But it heavily depends on what CFW your using, and whether you have any NSPs installed on your system though.

Edit: I think my post was moved kek

Last edited by ZachyCatGames,
Reactions: cucholix

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I jumped to the sea sharks 3 days ago, I’m using atmosphere + layeredfs to mod because stupid bamco wouldn’t fix the damn audio in Dark Souls. I just left atmosphere running in my Switch (sleep mode) because I don’t like doing the payload inject each time, I’ve played DS online and everything is cool, can enter to eShop too.

The “send info” has been diabled prior to doing the cfw.

I hope not getting banned in the future, I’ve invested much money in the eShop that’s not even funny.

Last edited by cucholix,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Finally there are people here