Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Skittyusedcovet

Gbatemp’s Favourite Skitty
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've never been banned before so I have no clue how bans work :v

I havent been banned on any of my 3ds’ (I haven't hacked my switch. I will buy another for hacking purposes in the future though.). As long as you don't hack your switch you wont get banned. If you hack it then dont go online with it or else.

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is already and reflected on the spreadsheet (red boxes for 5.X firmwares under clear error logs). I don't use the official name since some noobs don't know it and use tomGER's SD files for example which has it built into Hekate so they just referred to it as that instead (initially I asked if people used nx-dreport but everyone kept responding they cleared error logs using Hekate). Although now might seem like a good time to start asking if people use creport...
ah ok didn't look at the spreadsheet.
Sdfiles doesn't include it anymore now.

Btw should the form ask for which hekate/reinx/atmo instance is used and if the user has modified it/or downloaded a modified pack? The former isn't necessary interesting but the latter might be.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah ok didn't look at the spreadsheet.
Sdfiles doesn't include it anymore now.

Btw should the form ask for which hekate/reinx/atmo instance is used and if the user has modified it/or downloaded a modified pack? The former isn't necessary interesting but the latter might be.
I've already previously explained why the former is not useful (on top of the fact that they're all open-source). As for the latter, its similar to why I don't include the former (most packs are extremely similar if not identical) as well as the fact not everyone uses the files within the pack. Most people nowadays are interested in backup launching so they'll only be using Tinfoil and a CFW with ES patches. DevMenu still exists as a category and Rommenu is built into SX OS so no need to ask if people use it as Tinfoil is now superior to it.

Reactions: mariogamer

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me neither.
The error states contact nintendo.
Has anyone done that.
Play the "I'm sorry" card and for forgiveness to be unbanned lol

lol I thinks bans are permanent no matter what the reason. I got banned on the ps3, so now I have to look for a new console. I guess it would suck even more with the switch since it's at least twice as expensive as a cfw-capable ps3.

Shinji3rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I've been using SX OS since 3 weeks now. No ban. And I always use it online, since I mostly play with the console docked, so no Airplane Mode there, and I really don't want to disconnect the console from the internet, to get News and to enter eShop to purchase some new game, or to see which games are interesting enough to download.

I should clarify what I am doing so far: I have two users, one is the main user, connected to a Nintendo Account, and the other one is a local user, not connected to any account (not even social networks). I also have two microSD cards. One is the one I have since the beginning, where my original digital purchases are installed (and I have a lot of them). I also have many physical games. The other card was purchased exclusively for executing SX OS and installing downloaded games, both in nsp as in xci format. This leads me to answer something I have read here:

Thinking about it it's probably best to switch cards anyway if you plan on installing nsp games to SD, so they don't show up to sysNAND at all.

This is not true, because when I use my second microSD card on the console, I can still see all the games in the library. Same as when I put the first microSD card again, I can see the games installed in the second microSD. When I use my first microSD card, with the original games installed, I can play those games, and I can see the games installed in the other card with a "download icon" at the left side of the game's name. The opposite is when I use the second microSD card: I see the downloaded games already installed and I can play those games, and the original games I have appear in the library but with a "download" icon.

So, this is the scenario for me:

• When I want to play an original game I have, being digital download or a physical release, I boot in OFW with my main microSD card inserted, and use my main user (the one connected to a Nintendo Account) to play those games. I update all my original games from OFW.
  • When I want to play a downloaded game, being XCI or an NSP already installed in my console, I boot in CFW (SX OS) with my secondary microSD card inserted (where the SX OS files are), and I use my secondary user (not connected to any Nintendo Account) to play those games. As this user has no Nintendo ID linked to it, I can't use online features with it. I update all my downloaded copies, no matter if they are XCI or NSP, from CFW.
As I've said, the console is always connected to the internet, even when I put it to sleep. I was online being in CFW for a whole week before booting again to OFW to play a game I have in physical format.

Ban? No
If Yes, provide proof (video preferred)
SX OS used? Yes
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Yes to all, always connected
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? No, I don't play with copies online, only single player offline modes
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? No
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.3
Non-TX Layered FS Used? I don't even know what this means, so I assume the answer is No
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-TX LayeredFS Inject? I am always connected, but as the previos response, I don't think I use that "layered" thing
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? No

Used DevMenu? No
Installed any .NSP? Yes, plenty of them, directly using SX OS's NSP installer
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? Yes
Did you play any .NSP installed online? No
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? No, I download the games from the web using my computer
Backups updated? Updated in CFW
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Tried to use FTP something, couldn't use it. I have used App Store, and I use that App to manage SD files, I don't remember its name now, to delete NSP files once installed (I mean, the "installer" NSP file, once the game is installed in the SD)
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? No, I only use SX OS or OFW
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? No, I only connect to eShop using OFW, and with my main microSD card inserted
AutoRCM? No
Did you update your firmware w/o burning fuses? No
Did you install the exFAT update offline? No, did it while booted in OFW
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? No and Yes

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? I never clear logs
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Yes
Wi-Fi settings deleted? No
Airplane mode? No
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? No (it was enable in the past, but never worked for me, I always had to update games in my library manually, so I keep doing that now, and the option is disabled)
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Yes
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Yes
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? Haven't tried as I am in the latest firmware version

Console/Account Region(s): US
Trimmed .XCI? All the XCI games I have downloaded say "Trimmed" in the filename, so I believe the answer is Yes
Additional Comments See the first part of this long message

Last edited by Shinji3rd,

greatwizard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ban? N
SX OS used? Y
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Y
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? Y (my own certificate for the same game)
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.0
What do you use Non-TX LayeredFS for? Yes, devmenu
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-TX LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? N

Used DevMenu? Y
Installed any .NSP? Y
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? Y
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? Y
Backups updated? OFW
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Y (EdiZon, Checkpoint, appstore, FreeShopNX, WAINCardDumper...)
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? Y
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? TX
Did you update your firmware w/o burning fuses? Y
Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y
Wi-Fi settings deleted? N
Airplane mode? Y
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N

Console/Account Region(s) EUR
Trimmed .XCI? Y
Additional Comments Enjoy

Reactions: Draxzelex

hollowtip

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Types of Ban

If you are banned there are two main types.

1) Basic Ban

You lose online gameplay but you still can use the eshop and install game updates.

2) CDN Ban/Super Ban

You lose online gameplay and the option to download game updates and access the eshop.
It may also affect any "Linked Accounts".

A Basic Ban may become a CDN/Super Ban in the future.
For now a CDN/Super Ban is for people that try to download things they don't legally own from Nintendo using tools like "Freeshop" and "NX Shop".

Please modify #2 as it is incorrect. While you cannot access the eShop and lose online play, you ARE able to download game updates without issue currently.

Last edited by hollowtip,

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Draxzelex,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using SX OS since 3 weeks now. No ban. And I always use it online, since I mostly play with the console docked, so no Airplane Mode there, and I really don't want to disconnect the console from the internet, to get News and to enter eShop to purchase some new game, or to see which games are interesting enough to download.

I should clarify what I am doing so far: I have two users, one is the main user, connected to a Nintendo Account, and the other one is a local user, not connected to any account (not even social networks). I also have two microSD cards. One is the one I have since the beginning, where my original digital purchases are installed (and I have a lot of them). I also have many physical games. The other card was purchased exclusively for executing SX OS and installing downloaded games, both in nsp as in xci format. This leads me to answer something I have read here:

This is not true, because when I use my second microSD card on the console, I can still see all the games in the library. Same as when I put the first microSD card again, I can see the games installed in the second microSD. When I use my first microSD card, with the original games installed, I can play those games, and I can see the games installed in the other card with a "download icon" at the left side of the game's name. The opposite is when I use the second microSD card: I see the downloaded games already installed and I can play those games, and the original games I have appear in the library but with a "download" icon.

So, this is the scenario for me:

• When I want to play an original game I have, being digital download or a physical release, I boot in OFW with my main microSD card inserted, and use my main user (the one connected to a Nintendo Account) to play those games. I update all my original games from OFW.
  • When I want to play a downloaded game, being XCI or an NSP already installed in my console, I boot in CFW (SX OS) with my secondary microSD card inserted (where the SX OS files are), and I use my secondary user (not connected to any Nintendo Account) to play those games. As this user has no Nintendo ID linked to it, I can't use online features with it. I update all my downloaded copies, no matter if they are XCI or NSP, from CFW.
As I've said, the console is always connected to the internet, even when I put it to sleep. I was online being in CFW for a whole week before booting again to OFW to play a game I have in physical format.

Ban? No
SX OS used? Yes
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Yes to all, always connected
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? No, I don't play with copies online, only single player offline modes
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? No
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.3
Non-TX Layered FS Used? I don't even know what this means, so I assume the answer is No
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-TX LayeredFS Inject? I am always connected, but as the previos response, I don't think I use that "layered" thing
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? No

Used DevMenu? No
Installed any .NSP? Yes, plenty of them, directly using SX OS's NSP installer
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? Yes
Did you play any .NSP installed online? No
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? No, I download the games from the web using my computer
Backups updated? Updated in CFW
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? Tried to use FTP something, couldn't use it. I have used App Store, and I use that App to manage SD files, I don't remember its name now, to delete NSP files once installed (I mean, the "installer" NSP file, once the game is installed in the SD)
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? No, I only use SX OS or OFW
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? No, I only connect to eShop using OFW, and with my main microSD card inserted
AutoRCM? No
Did you update your firmware w/o burning fuses? No
Did you install the exFAT update offline? No, did it while booted in OFW
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? No and Yes

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? I never clear logs
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Yes
Wi-Fi settings deleted? No
Airplane mode? No
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? No (it was enable in the past, but never worked for me, I always had to update games in my library manually, so I keep doing that now, and the option is disabled)
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Yes
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Yes
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? Haven't tried as I am in the latest firmware version

Console/Account Region(s): US
Trimmed .XCI? All the XCI games I have downloaded say "Trimmed" in the filename, so I believe the answer is Yes
Additional Comments See the first part of this long message
That's because the games you have are stored in nand. If you switch SD cards and keep piracy on emuNAND, theoretically they won't show up in sysNAND at all due to how emuNAND works.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,

oxygen121

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Ban? N
SX OS used? Y
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? 1.4
What do you use Non-TX LayeredFS for? N
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-TX LayeredFS Inject? N
Played online w/ Non-TX Layered FS Injects? N

Used DevMenu?N
Installed any .NSP? N
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? N
Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
Backups updated? OFW
Homebrew/non-TX CFW Used? N
Connect to Internet w/ homebrew/non-TX CFW? N
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
AutoRCM? N
Did you update your firmware w/o burning fuses? N
Did you install the exFAT update offline?N
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y

What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
Disabled "Send Error Information" in System Settings? Y
Wi-Fi settings deleted? Y
Airplane mode? Y
Auto-Update Software Enabled in System Settings? N
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Y
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N

Console/Account Region(s) EUR
Trimmed .XCI? Y
Additional Comments

Reactions: Draxzelex
D

Deleted User

This next ban wave is taking too long to get here... Everyone is reporting no bans for the last couple of weeks. Feel like Nintendo got something planned for us

Reactions: xabier

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This next ban wave is taking too long to get here... Everyone is reporting no bans for the last couple of weeks. Feel like Nintendo got something planned for us
It has to come with the new updapte, or the next month with online subscription, just don’t go only with backups

D

Deleted User

It has to come with the new updapte, or the next month with online subscription, just don’t go only with backups
Nintendo have released 5.1.0 since May 30th. Bans have been happening a day before SX OS and days after SX OS. Last actual ban report I know of was in July 17th. Everyone has been reporting no bans, they keep wifi on while in CFW, a lot of people installing .NSP files, and playing backups online. Major red flags yet Nintendo isn't doing nothing. Better enjoy your online days and unlink that account in the eShop sooner before they ban everyone. Nintendo stated in their site that they will not help transfer content from 1 console to another if you're banned

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nintendo have released 5.1.0 since May 30th. Bans have been happening a day before SX OS and days after SX OS. Last actual ban report I know of was in July 17th. Everyone has been reporting no bans, they keep wifi on while in CFW, a lot of people installing .NSP files, and playing backups online. Major red flags yet Nintendo isn't doing nothing. Better enjoy your online days and unlink that account in the eShop sooner before they ban everyone. Nintendo stated in their site that they will not help transfer content from 1 console to another if you're banned
WELL I am using nand backup method so, in theory I am safe ... I hope

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The last ban reported in this thread was literally Monday.

As the number of people to ban drops, the number of reported bans and their rate drops, basic population mechanisms. Most everyone on Temp who pirated seems to have gotten themselves banned or banned themselves from wifi.

SX and LFS and other piracy we're big right out of the gate, so a lot of people to ban right away and general trends will slow after the initial release. That growth/spike slows and so the rate slows.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol