Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have there been reported cases of ban for modified saves on clean NAND ?
(My Switch is on the latest update but is unpatched, was wondering if I could just give myself a bunch of Apricorn balls on Pokémon or if I should just wait for the DLC...)

PrinceRikei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone. I just have a quick question. If hypothetically I wanted to download a game using freeshop, would that get me banned? I'm using atmosphere EmuMMC booting via Hekate.

diffikolt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I have done thus far is to create nand backups using Hekate. I have a non-patched Switch on version 4.1.0. I recognize the fact that these nand backups will be useless if I update officially, but I just want to verify a couple things first.

I want to be able to play my legally purchased games online. The main reason I wanted to hack my console was so that I could use Retroarch when I'm working in the middle of nowhere and don't have access to the internet for online games.

Should I update my system nand officially? I know this will burn my fuses and I won't be able to downgrade, but I see no real reason why I would ever need to do so in the future either way. I assume this is the safest way to prevent a ban which is my biggest concern.

Or should I update my system nand using Choi? If I do so, do I risk being banned in the future for NOT having the proper amount of burned fuses while playing online? I assume this is unsafe, but I haven't been able to locate a clear-cut answer. (I'm sure it's somewhere, but I'm having trouble finding it. Sorry guys.)

Either way, once I update, I will create a new nand backup before I proceed to further hack my system in any way.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have there been reported cases of ban for modified saves on clean NAND ?
(My Switch is on the latest update but is unpatched, was wondering if I could just give myself a bunch of Apricorn balls on Pokémon or if I should just wait for the DLC...)
Yes although they were reported for other first-party titles such as Smash or Splatoon.

Hey everyone. I just have a quick question. If hypothetically I wanted to download a game using freeshop, would that get me banned? I'm using atmosphere EmuMMC booting via Hekate.
Freeshop is dead.

The only thing I have done thus far is to create nand backups using Hekate. I have a non-patched Switch on version 4.1.0. I recognize the fact that these nand backups will be useless if I update officially, but I just want to verify a couple things first.

I want to be able to play my legally purchased games online. The main reason I wanted to hack my console was so that I could use Retroarch when I'm working in the middle of nowhere and don't have access to the internet for online games.

Should I update my system nand officially? I know this will burn my fuses and I won't be able to downgrade, but I see no real reason why I would ever need to do so in the future either way. I assume this is the safest way to prevent a ban which is my biggest concern.

Or should I update my system nand using Choi? If I do so, do I risk being banned in the future for NOT having the proper amount of burned fuses while playing online? I assume this is unsafe, but I haven't been able to locate a clear-cut answer. (I'm sure it's somewhere, but I'm having trouble finding it. Sorry guys.)

Either way, once I update, I will create a new nand backup before I proceed to further hack my system in any way.

Thanks in advance for your help!
In your case, just update online to reduce the headache of keeping track of burnt fuses and minimize ban risk. While you will not be able to downgrade, you will always be able to use Fusee Gelee to hack your console.

Chrisomator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can you get banned for playing local multiplayer with a hacked Switch? For example my Switch is hacked & banned, my friends one is legit. If we play locally together, will the legit Switch get banned aswell?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you get banned for playing local multiplayer with a hacked Switch? For example my Switch is hacked & banned, my friends one is legit. If we play locally together, will the legit Switch get banned aswell?
No because not only wouldn't that be fair to the non-hacked person since they wouldn't always know they are playing with a hacked console, but nothing in the Terms of Service say you cannot play with hacked consoles locally.

Thobro

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey I'm new to the Switch hacking scene. I have a Switch that is probably hackable using Fusee Gelee. I am interested in playing retrogames and backing up saves. Is it like the 3DS days where I can install an emuNAND and keep it completely seperate from sysNAND? Preferabily I would just play my Switch cards and play online on sysNAND and then use emuNAND to do homebrew stuff, never connecting to the internet on the emuNAND. Is this way of play possible and will I be ban-free this way?

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I'm new to the Switch hacking scene. I have a Switch that is probably hackable using Fusee Gelee. I am interested in playing retrogames and backing up saves. Is it like the 3DS days where I can install an emuNAND and keep it completely seperate from sysNAND? Preferabily I would just play my Switch cards and play online on sysNAND and then use emuNAND to do homebrew stuff, never connecting to the internet on the emuNAND. Is this way of play possible and will I be ban-free this way?
Yes.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

akio0504

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, sorry to post my concern here. I'm pretty new to the scene and just got my chance to play around with my console previously.

• What I did before i jump into CFW is backing up my clean sysnand using sx os.
  • Then I create my emunand with sx os and using it offline completely, airplane mode with my (1) SD card.
  • And then I have my (2) SD card for my sysnand for online stuffs. Which is completely separate from emunand. I also boot to OFW using original method by pressing power button as usual, no rcm mode or dongle
My concern is : are there any chances that I could have been flag or will be ban in the near future with this setup? Im still playing online everyday.

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, sorry to post my concern here. I'm pretty new to the scene and just got my chance to play around with my console previously.

• What I did before i jump into CFW is backing up my clean sysnand using sx os.
  • Then I create my emunand with sx os and using it offline completely, airplane mode with my (1) SD card.
  • And then I have my (2) SD card for my sysnand for online stuffs. Which is completely separate from emunand. I also boot to OFW using original method by pressing power button as usual, no rcm mode or dongle
My concern is : are there any chances that I could have been flag or will be ban in the near future with this setup? Im still playing online everyday.
Someone was supposedly banned after restoring a clean NAND made with SX OS which leads me to believe that SX OS doesn't make good NAND dumps. This is further strengthened by the fact that SX OS lacks backup verification which Hekate supports. The use of a second SD card is completely pointless and only creating extra work for you. Not only would scanning for files on the SD card be possibly illegal but it can also lead to false positives.

akio0504

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone was supposedly banned after restoring a clean NAND made with SX OS which leads me to believe that SX OS doesn't make good NAND dumps. This is further strengthened by the fact that SX OS lacks backup verification which Hekate supports. The use of a second SD card is completely pointless and only creating extra work for you. Not only would scanning for files on the SD card be possibly illegal but it can also lead to false positives.

So according to this. The only way to possibly ban-free is to get the second unhack switch for online :( you think?

Puremin0rez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on downgrading my switch back to 3.0.2 (from 9.2.0) using the clean, unmodified backup I took of my switch the day I got it. I plan on doing this because I want to actually link my Nintendo account, retain a clean sysnand and play online with legitimate games.

What is the easiest way to preserve burning any fuses?

I imagine using Choi is a bad idea, and I imagine using Atmosphere is a bad idea. I guess using the system updater and keeping a jig in and quickly holding volume when it reboots the console and injecting fusee to prevent the fuse burn? (and then probably enabling auto rcm?)

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm planning on downgrading my switch back to 3.0.2 (from 9.2.0) using the clean, unmodified backup I took of my switch the day I got it. I plan on doing this because I want to actually link my Nintendo account, retain a clean sysnand and play online with legitimate games.

What is the easiest way to preserve burning any fuses?

I imagine using Choi is a bad idea, and I imagine using Atmosphere is a bad idea. I guess using the system updater and keeping a jig in and quickly holding volume when it reboots the console and injecting fusee to prevent the fuse burn? (and then probably enabling auto rcm?)
I mean I personally just install the system update in CFW while having AutoRCM enabled. The safest method is obviously keeping the jig and holding volume + after the system update finishes installing.

HoodedSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my "secondary" switch was banned this morning. The gf went to play animal crossing(legit eshop copy) and it was giving the error. This was on the stock fw. I updated just so she could play online. I'm fine with the system being banned no big deal. We have a switch lite as the primary. The issue I am having is seeing as the secondary switch was banned I cannot boot any games up as I either get the "banned" error or if i try in airplane mode i am asked to turn off airplane mode to continue. These are legit copies of the game too from the eshop. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So my "secondary" switch was banned this morning. The gf went to play animal crossing(legit eshop copy) and it was giving the error. This was on the stock fw. I updated just so she could play online. I'm fine with the system being banned no big deal. We have a switch lite as the primary. The issue I am having is seeing as the secondary switch was banned I cannot boot any games up as I either get the "banned" error or if i try in airplane mode i am asked to turn off airplane mode to continue. These are legit copies of the game too from the eshop. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
If the console is set as the Secondary of the Nintendo Account its linked to, then the games are failing the online verification because the console is banned. The only workaround now is to pirate them.

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
No because not only wouldn't that be fair to the non-hacked person since they wouldn't always know they are playing with a hacked console, but nothing in the Terms of Service say you cannot play with hacked consoles locally.
As much as I want to believe you it can happen as it has happened to mine.

I have a regular switch that cannot be hacked without a mod chip and a modded switch that was using Pokemon Sword pirated.

I owned the actual physical cartridge of Pokemon sword as well that I was using on my legit game (I did not dump the cartridge)

I only had a Nintendo account linked to my legitimate console.

I was pokegenning mons onto my hacked console with the pirated game and local trading offline to my legit game and legit console I was fine for about a week then a month later my legitimate console that cannot be modded got console banned I contacted Nintendo and they specifically said it was for piracy or console modification which without the mod chip was quite literally impossible. (It was a V2)

So you definitely can get your console banned for local trading with a hacked console but I think it's rare I don't know how my console ever could have gotten flagged but it did.

Last edited by OblivionReign,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1