Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Draxzelex, Jun 24, 2018.

1. epicmartin7

epicmartin7 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 5, 2015
    United States
    Alright, thanks for the heads up!

Draxzelex likes this.
  2. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    For anyone still in doubt about these temporary bans, there is some solid evidence straight from Nintendo themselves that these bans are indeed temporary. This web-page talks about error code 2181-4008 specifically and mentions that the user has been temporarily banned. I will be adding this info to the first post but since it is hard to tell when that post gets updated, I am making an announcement about it now.

bananapi761 likes this.
  3. CYBZERO

CYBZERO GBAtemp Regular

Mar 11, 2011
    France
    France
    Can you use the eShop on the Switch? N
    If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to? Can't really say, but this month

Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? N

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N
    Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N
    Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Y
    SX OS used? N
    Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? N
    Trimmed .XCI? N
    Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N
    Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? N
    Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? N
    Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? N
    What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? Backups/Modding/Both/N
    Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? N
    Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? N
    Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? N
    Used DevMenu? N
    Installed any .NSP? Y
    Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? Y
    Did you play any .NSP installed online? N
    Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? N
    Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? N
    Did you ever use ReiNX? Y
    Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? N
    Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? N
    Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? N
    AutoRCM? N
    Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? N
    Did you install the exFAT update offline? N
    receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Y
    Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? N
    Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? N
    What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? N
    Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? N
    Console/Account Region(s) Europe
    What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? TegraRCM with a joy-con jig
    Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Y
    Additional Comments
    I have the new 2181-4017 error code after one year of switching between OFW for playing online my legits games like SSBU, Mario Kart, Splatoon and Mario Maker and CFW to play NSP. Looks like it's over now.

EDIT: Looks like the code is 2124-4517 now.

Last edited by CYBZERO, Aug 16, 2019
    Draxzelex likes this.
  4. Luckylumi

Luckylumi Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 17, 2019
    Netherlands
    I got a temporarily ban too (error code 2181 4017) three days ago. I got it around 1 am, and when I checked again the next day (around 1 pm) the ban was lifted. I have played splatoon 2 online for a few hours that day and I didn't get banned again. But that could also be because I haven't used emuNAND anymore since the ban was lifted. However, my boyfriend also got a temporarily ban, but his hasn't been lifted yet. He got his two days ago, but we did play games on his emuNAND after he got the ban.

5. Olgaiva

Olgaiva Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2019
    United States
    Can you please help me guys. I’m getting error code 2124-4618 playing Dragon Quest Builders 2.
    I can’t enter eshop either - every time i do - tinfoil is starting instead.
    Am i banned? Or i’m missing something?

6. dataslanger

dataslanger Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2018
    United States
    My console is banned!

I wanted to play SMM2 and the firmware I was running - 5.x - wasn't compatible. I use SXOS (latest with support for the 8.x OFW) with AutoRCM enabled (I'm a paper-clip and flash-light kind of recovery-mode guy). I booted into the OFW, upgraded to the latest firmware 8.x and noticed that I suppose it fixed the BOOT0 so AutoRCM no longer worked. I whipped out my trusty paper clip and on attempt #2 was booting via SXLoader on my phone into the SXOS firmware, and chose to boot the CFW to install Super Mario Maker 2.

It loaded fine at this point but, wanting to take advantage of the numerous great levels designed by others, I disabled "Stealth Mode" and went online. Whether or not I was banned prior to this I do not know - more than likely yes, I was - and upon trying to connect to the SMM2 "Course World" option I get the following error:

"Error Code: 2124-4605"
    "The use of online services for this software is currently restricted by Nintendo."

2124-4605, according to Nintendo USA, is a ban due to a violation of the terms-of-service amongst other things. I suppose that during their firmware update they found a few modified files and alerted the server or at some other point some kind of snooping backend software detected it.

This being said, is there anyway I can get around this short of contacting Nintendo and playing innocent or as a poor schmuck who purchased one that had been modified. For instance are there any proxies through which I can connect that will provide "clean" information about whatever is being asked about:

Thanks,

dataslanger

7. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    First off, are you trying to play the game online? If not, enable Airplane Mode and try again. And to enter the eShop, delete the titles folder in your CFW folder.

Is your copy of Super Mario Maker 2 a backup or one that you legally own?

8. Olgaiva

Olgaiva Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2019
    United States
    - yeah, I am trying to play online in DQB2. why i can’t?

- thanks for heads up about eShop

9. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Do you own the game legally?

10. dataslanger

dataslanger Member

Newcomer
    Aug 25, 2018
    United States
    A backup. I am hearing something about using a NAND feature to play certain games (e.g. the NES library games release) to get around an online account? Or am I hazing that up with something else? I would assume that it would have to be a clean one backed up PRIOR to modifying anything.

I am now unable to play Fortnite online as well. The other night, while banned from Mario Maker 2's online-only "Course World" part of the program (course sharing), I was able to play on Fortnite without an issue. I believe I was under CFW at the time, actually, although I am not 100% sure. Tonight however I found myself banned from Fortnite, its error message referencing Nintendo's servers in particular and their steadfast belief that my console should not be allowed to access the network.

Last edited by dataslanger, Aug 22, 2019 at 9:22 AM
  11. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You cannot play backups online without purchasing them. Nintendo realized you went online with a pirated copy of the game and banned you.