Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Draxzelex, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    I don't know, do I look like I work for Nintendo?

In all seriousness, it wouldn't be far-fetched for Nintendo to conduct a simple hash check for any save files uploaded to their cloud. But this is Nintendo we're talking about so they may not conduct that check when save data is uploaded; they may only conduct checks when it is being actively used on a game or if there are other traces of save data modification such as with an illicit error code.

JeepX87 likes this.
  2. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    Funny question, no, I know that you don't work for Nintendo.

If you did so you would unban everyone. :rofl2:

Thanks, man.

Draxzelex likes this.
  3. SexySpai

SexySpai xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    your mom lol
    Have you guys tried (nvm that'd screw you over)

Last edited by SexySpai, Dec 1, 2018
  4. PokeCore

PokeCore Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2013
    United States
    So silly question. I bought smash legally and intend to play it online. Have been playing games online fine with no issues fine with no issues. The thing is, appearantly if you have a save file for Pokemon, you'll get in game stuff for it. I played Pokemon on SXOS on a pirated .xci file. Any chance I can get bopped for that? I've only ever used SXOS offline, airplane mode, stealth mode 100% of the time. Should I delete my saves just to be safe?

5. pixtrix364

pixtrix364 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2016
    United States
    so does getting my switch banned from modding affect other accounts linked to the switch or other switches in a family group in anyway shape or form?

6. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    It affects only your console, not even your account.

7. pixtrix364

pixtrix364 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2016
    United States
    Ok, thanks for the info, its kind of difficult to wrap my head around all the switch modding ban stuff.

8. horokeusama

horokeusama GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2011
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro

You can't point that out so boldly because the reports shows that people who got banned either played hacked switch games or accessed Nintendo servers while in CFW (like eshop).

I'm pretty sure that, if you use your cfw offline and keep things to homebrew (that doesn't uses internet) only, nothing will happen.

Nintendo's telemetry is focused on switch games piracy and the reports on the sheet tou made proves that.

9. redrum30

redrum30 Member

Newcomer
    May 17, 2018
    United States
    IF YOU HACK YOUR SW!!!!ITCH AND GO ONLINE YOU WILL BE
    BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. jacopastorius

jacopastorius Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2018
    Italy
    I have sx os with stealth mode and I am using mostly retroarch but some nsp also and a lot of FTP transfer. More than one time i accidentally opened eshop instead of album. Really hope to not get banned for those operations

11. horokeusama

horokeusama GBAtemp Regular

Jan 5, 2011
    Brazil
    Rio de Janeiro
    Hacked mine about a year ago and nothing happened. You just have to know how and what to use. Hack doesn't necessary means using switch roms.

12. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    The problem is there is no rhyme nor reason to the bans. There are people banned for the bare minimum while there are fully-fledged pirates who are still running free. Point is I can't advise anyone that they won't be banned for hacking their Switch unless they backup and restore a clean hack-free NAND prior to going online as well as staying offline with CFW/homebrew.

horokeusama likes this.
  13. pixtrix364

pixtrix364 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 10, 2016
    United States
    This, I ran ReiNX for less than 5 minutes restored from nand backup and still got banned a day later.

14. hybrid -x1

hybrid -x1 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2009
    United States
    Previous Update posts

I think it's time I fill out a new form since my original one is probably outdated.
    So update #5 is as follows-
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

EDIT: Please let me know if I skipped something or need more clarification on anything.

Last edited by hybrid -x1, Dec 4, 2018
    133mhz, PoppaDre and Draxzelex like this.
  15. Draxzelex
    OP

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Not all jigs connect pins 9 & together. There are 3 pins you can short pin 10 with and they are 1, 7, & 10. The SX jig uses 7 and 10 I believe.

16. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    My Switch hasn't banned so I went ahead to fill the report for 2nd Switch.

Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Yes
    If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to? N/A

Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? No

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N/A
    Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N/A
    Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Yes
    SX OS used? No
    Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? N/A
    Trimmed .XCI? No
    Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N/A
    Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? No
    Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? No
    Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? N/A
    What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? No
    Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? No
    Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? No
    Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? No
    Used DevMenu? No
    Installed any .NSP? No
    Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? No
    Did you play any .NSP installed online? No
    Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? No
    Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? No
    Did you ever use ReiNX? No
    Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Yes - vanilla Atmosphere and Kosmos
    Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? No
    Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? No
    AutoRCM? No
    Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? No
    Did you install the exFAT update offline? No
    receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Yes
    Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? Yes
    Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Yes
    What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Never
    Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? Yes
    Console/Account Region(s)? North America
    What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? Windows 10 on PC
    Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? No
    If Banned, provide proof (video preferred)
    Additional Comments

I use CFW for homebrew only to backup and restore the save, also edit the saves - all are done by 100% offline (internet setting deleted) with creport enabled, obviously.

No FTP uses either, I just swap the SD card and remove the CFW info on SD after use and store on my computer.

Last edited by JeepX87, Dec 4, 2018
    Draxzelex likes this.
  17. Xana

Xana Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2016
    United States
    Atmosphere disables eclct

JeepX87 likes this.
  18. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    I fixed it and thanks.

I do believe that ban is on decline because SX users are unable to access to CFW on 6.2 right now and most people used SX as prefered CFW. It is victory on Nintendo's side as short term. I was amaze at Nintendo for change the key to stun the CFW out because TX told us that SX will works on all firmware, so I do feel bad for SX users.

19. Enforcegame
    This message by Enforcegame has been removed from public view by BORTZ, Dec 4, 2018, Reason: english only, sorry..
    Dec 4, 2018
  20. McPringles

McPringles Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2018
    United States
    Sorry if not combing through 150 pages is rude, but which (if any) of the following are likely to get me banned, assuming I go online after the first step?

- Restoring a clean NAND backup and connecting to the internet (the console has not been online since before the backup was made)
    - Using AutoRCM or similar to boot Atmosphere
    - Using Atmosphere (without sigpatches, if possible) for LayeredFS in legally-owned single-player games (Skyrim and maybe BoTW)

My brother's been wanting to play Smash online now that a couple of his friends have also invested in Switches, but frankly it's my system and I'll be damned if I'm giving up my Skyrim mods.

21. JeepX87

JeepX87 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 17, 2016
    United States
    What about tell your brother to buy Switch on his own?

Some people got banned after they restored the clean NAND, so I guess that they went online with CFW. If you never go online like you said so restore the clean NAND should be safe.