Hacking Nintendo Switch Banning Hub & Warning

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Draxzelex

Hi, did Nintendo check the save data when upload to cloud save system?
I don't know, do I look like I work for Nintendo?

In all seriousness, it wouldn't be far-fetched for Nintendo to conduct a simple hash check for any save files uploaded to their cloud. But this is Nintendo we're talking about so they may not conduct that check when save data is uploaded; they may only conduct checks when it is being actively used on a game or if there are other traces of save data modification such as with an illicit error code.

Reactions: JeepX87

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know, do I look like I work for Nintendo?

In all seriousness, it wouldn't be far-fetched for Nintendo to conduct a simple hash check for any save files uploaded to their cloud. But this is Nintendo we're talking about so they may not conduct that check when save data is uploaded; they may only conduct checks when it is being actively used on a game or if there are other traces of save data modification such as with an illicit error code.

Funny question, no, I know that you don't work for Nintendo.

If you did so you would unban everyone. :rofl2:

Thanks, man.

Reactions: Draxzelex

PokeCore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So silly question. I bought smash legally and intend to play it online. Have been playing games online fine with no issues fine with no issues. The thing is, appearantly if you have a save file for Pokemon, you'll get in game stuff for it. I played Pokemon on SXOS on a pirated .xci file. Any chance I can get bopped for that? I've only ever used SXOS offline, airplane mode, stealth mode 100% of the time. Should I delete my saves just to be safe?

pixtrix364

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so does getting my switch banned from modding affect other accounts linked to the switch or other switches in a family group in anyway shape or form?

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you hacked the console, Nintendo can detect it, period. End of discussion. There is no such thing as "safe hacking" or "undetectable mods"

You can't point that out so boldly because the reports shows that people who got banned either played hacked switch games or accessed Nintendo servers while in CFW (like eshop).

I'm pretty sure that, if you use your cfw offline and keep things to homebrew (that doesn't uses internet) only, nothing will happen.

Nintendo's telemetry is focused on switch games piracy and the reports on the sheet tou made proves that.

jacopastorius

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have sx os with stealth mode and I am using mostly retroarch but some nsp also and a lot of FTP transfer. More than one time i accidentally opened eshop instead of album. Really hope to not get banned for those operations

Draxzelex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't point that out so boldly because the reports shows that people who got banned either played hacked switch games or accessed Nintendo servers while in CFW (like eshop).

I'm pretty sure that, if you use your cfw offline and keep things to homebrew (that doesn't uses internet) only, nothing will happen.

Nintendo's telemetry is focused on switch games piracy and the reports on the sheet tou made proves that.
The problem is there is no rhyme nor reason to the bans. There are people banned for the bare minimum while there are fully-fledged pirates who are still running free. Point is I can't advise anyone that they won't be banned for hacking their Switch unless they backup and restore a clean hack-free NAND prior to going online as well as staying offline with CFW/homebrew.

Reactions: horokeusama

pixtrix364

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is there is no rhyme nor reason to the bans. There are people banned for the bare minimum while there are fully-fledged pirates who are still running free. Point is I can't advise anyone that they won't be banned for hacking their Switch unless they backup and restore a clean hack-free NAND prior to going online as well as staying offline with CFW/homebrew.
This, I ran ReiNX for less than 5 minutes restored from nand backup and still got banned a day later.

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Previous Update posts

I think it's time I fill out a new form since my original one is probably outdated.
So update #5 is as follows-
Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Yes (Just checked 12-3-18)
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to?
Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? No (Have never backed up NAND tbh)

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? No
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? No
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Yes
SX OS used? Yes on latest 2.3beta
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? No
Trimmed .XCI? Both trimmed and Non trimmed
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? Yes to update apps, and sxos
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? No (play online as in online multiplayer right? Then NO)
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? Have NEVER gotten one but I have injected an already banned game cert to my xci dumps for test purposes.
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? Started on 1.3 offline and didn't start going online to update apps and sxos til 2.2 w/i USB docked
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? None
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? No
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? No
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? No
Used DevMenu? No
Installed any .NSP? Yes DLC and game updates
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? Yes while updating apps, sxos
Did you play any .NSP installed online? No
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? No
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? Updated my XCI in OFW
Did you ever use ReiNX? No. I ONLY use sxos this entire time
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Yes. Save editors. Does using the built in SXOS cheat engine count? If it does then yes to that too.
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? No
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? No
AutoRCM? None
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? No. I've only ever updated officially
Did you install the exFAT update offline? All was done legit
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Yes on usage information
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? No
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? No
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Never cleared error logs
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? No, but I have stealth mode on unless I need wifi to update apps and sxos
Console/Account Region(s) North America
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? SX PRO
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? Yes as in the jig correct?
If Banned, provide proof (video preferred) Not Banned as of 12/3/18
Additional Comments

So to summarize as stated in my previous update 7/23/18 through 10/15/18 I ran sx os with purely just homebrew apps and I wasn't banned. From 10/16/18 to now 12/3/18 I ran sx os with a mix of stuff like homebrew, xci's, sx os cheats. My xci's have injected certs and I have DLC nsp's installed as well as game update nsp's. I downloaded and played pokemon let's go and smash bros ultimate when they were leaked early before release (i mention this cause I assume that's a huge ban risk). I do NOT play my xci's online at all. I only play online multi on ofw with physical games.
And important to note is that I DO NOT purchase the nintendo subscription since compared to the competition it just fucking SUCKS. I did however use the 7 day free trial. I also just recently like 2 days ago transferred an untouched nintendo account to my new pokemon switch.

Oh and almost forgot. I intentionally updated to ofw 6.2.0 when released just to see if I would get banned or something and yeah I haven't. Now I am waiting on the tx update. I know I can use the new atmosphere update for 6.2.0 but I wanna strictly stick to sxos for preferable AND testing reasons when it comes to bans and etc.

EDIT: Please let me know if I skipped something or need more clarification on anything.

Last edited by KingMuk,

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Switch hasn't banned so I went ahead to fill the report for 2nd Switch.

Can you use the eShop on the Switch? Yes
If you cannot access the eShop, when was the last time/date you were able to? N/A

Did you restore a clean hack-free NAND before going online? No

Do you get the error code 2181-4008 trying to update your games? N/A
Do you get error code 2137-7403 trying to update your system firmware? N/A
Can you login to Nintendo's website using your linked Nintendo Account? Yes
SX OS used? No
Did you make an SX OS EmuNAND with a clean hack-free NAND then stay offline with it? N/A
Trimmed .XCI? No
Did you connect to the Internet with SX OS and/or to activate the license? N/A
Did you play any .XCI files online with a certificate/header? No
Do you have a certificate/header ban (look for error code 2124-4025)? No
Lowest SX Version used when Online/Offline (NOT Switch System Firmware)? N/A
What do you use Non-SX OS LayeredFS for? No
Did you connect to the Internet with a non-SX OS LayeredFS Inject? No
Played online w/ Non-SX OS Layered FS Injects? No
Did you inject an .XCI certificate using LayeredFS to play online? No
Used DevMenu? No
Installed any .NSP? No
Did you connect to the Internet w/ any .NSP installed? No
Did you play any .NSP installed online? No
Did you perform any CDN/Freeshop downloading with your own Switch's certificate? No
Did you update your .XCI/.NSP games online? No
Did you ever use ReiNX? No
Homebrew/non-SX CFW Used? Yes - vanilla Atmosphere and Kosmos
Connect to Internet with homebrew/non-SX OS CFW? No
Connect to eShop while using CFW/homebrew? No
AutoRCM? No
Did you update your firmware using ChoiDujour or ChoiDujourNX? No
Did you install the exFAT update offline? No
receive-lp1.dg.srv.nintendo.net blocked and/or "Don't Share Usage Information" ticked under "Other Settings"? Yes
Do you have eclct disabled (look for pm.kip under sysmodules/modules)? Yes
Do you have creport enabled (look for a folder named 0100000000000036 under titles)? Yes
What firmware(s) were you on when you cleared error logs prior to going online? Never
Wi-Fi settings deleted in CFW? Yes
Console/Account Region(s)? North America
What device(s) do you use to send payloads with? Windows 10 on PC
Do you enter RCM by bridging pins 9 & 10 together? No
If Banned, provide proof (video preferred)
Additional Comments

I use CFW for homebrew only to backup and restore the save, also edit the saves - all are done by 100% offline (internet setting deleted) with creport enabled, obviously.

No FTP uses either, I just swap the SD card and remove the CFW info on SD after use and store on my computer.

Last edited by JeepX87,
Reactions: Draxzelex

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmosphere disables eclct

I fixed it and thanks.

I do believe that ban is on decline because SX users are unable to access to CFW on 6.2 right now and most people used SX as prefered CFW. It is victory on Nintendo's side as short term. I was amaze at Nintendo for change the key to stun the CFW out because TX told us that SX will works on all firmware, so I do feel bad for SX users.

McPringles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if not combing through 150 pages is rude, but which (if any) of the following are likely to get me banned, assuming I go online after the first step?

- Restoring a clean NAND backup and connecting to the internet (the console has not been online since before the backup was made)
- Using AutoRCM or similar to boot Atmosphere
- Using Atmosphere (without sigpatches, if possible) for LayeredFS in legally-owned single-player games (Skyrim and maybe BoTW)

My brother's been wanting to play Smash online now that a couple of his friends have also invested in Switches, but frankly it's my system and I'll be damned if I'm giving up my Skyrim mods.

JeepX87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if not combing through 150 pages is rude, but which (if any) of the following are likely to get me banned, assuming I go online after the first step?

- Restoring a clean NAND backup and connecting to the internet (the console has not been online since before the backup was made)
- Using AutoRCM or similar to boot Atmosphere
- Using Atmosphere (without sigpatches, if possible) for LayeredFS in legally-owned single-player games (Skyrim and maybe BoTW)

My brother's been wanting to play Smash online now that a couple of his friends have also invested in Switches, but frankly it's my system and I'll be damned if I'm giving up my Skyrim mods.

What about tell your brother to buy Switch on his own?

Some people got banned after they restored the clean NAND, so I guess that they went online with CFW. If you never go online like you said so restore the clean NAND should be safe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and normal grapes