Nintendo Switch 9.0.0 system software update now out

bundle_color_portable (1).jpg

Get ready for stability, as it's time for a new Nintendo Switch system software update. This software version, puts the Switch at v9.0.0, and brings in some new additions that aren't just the average stability, such as a search feature for the news channel, ability to set alarms which will come with supported software later down the line, along with a Joy-Con firmware update, an "invite to online play" function, being able to turn off system button input for the Switch Lite, and being able to edit the touch screen's sensitivity. This system version also fixes a problem with crashing that Fire Emblem: Three House's expansion pass had. The full patch notes are below.

Ver. 9.0.0 (Released September 9, 2019)
Added the following system functionality:

• Added a search feature for the News Channel.
    • Channels can be searched using filters or free text.
  • Added “Display QR Code to Check In” to User Settings.
    • You can display a QR Code on-screen to check in using your Nintendo Account.
  • Alarm Notifications have been added to System Settings > Notifications.
    • You can check or delete pre-set alarms.
    • Alarms can be set up only within supported software (to be added at a later time).
    • A controller firmware update may be required to use this feature.
  • You can now configure touch screen sensitivity settings.
    • Select between Standard and Stylus sensitivity (optimized for stylus input).
  • Added the option to turn on/off the system button input (Nintendo Switch Lite only).
    • When this setting is turned off the system no longer receives input from the console buttons, with the exception of the Capture and HOME Buttons, and can only be operated from a wirelessly paired controller (sold separately).
    • This setting is on by default and can only be turned off if a compatible controller (sold separately) is wirelessly paired to the console.
    • The setting will automatically turn back on when the console is restarted or after returning from sleep mode.
  • Added “Online Play Invites” section to the User's page.
    • Invites from friends to join online play in supported software will be displayed in this section.
  • General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
    • Resolved an issue where some users can’t start the Fire Emblem: Three Houses game, and get an error instead.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: yls8 Page

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well sciresm already dumped the keys 20 minutes ago. I wonder if they added secret stuff to the OS like when they added initially gamecube USB support.

Treeko

Trophies
XP
Country
So when is Mario kart 8 getting the online invites update? Hate having to go through menus to "join" a friends lobby to play vs other people, can't believe they made us wait for a whole year to add this functionality smh, also if you go to system settings and notifications there is also something about inviting friends to voice chat on the Nintendo switch online app, again its not the perfect system but at least it seems we're getting the ability to voice chat with people without having to get into a game specifically, it only took 2.5 years to invite our friends, maybe another 2.5 years till we get text chat support great work Nintendo!!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
master key 9? that's what we're on, right?

speaking of stylus, is there a slot for it on the switch? I would look but I'm not at my system.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing I was looking forward to with this update, but at least it's not just adding keys and obfuscating them. I would like themes some day, and maybe even some sort of achievements system (like stamps). I'm not an achievement whore, but it would prolong some gaming experiences.

CoupureElectrique

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can’t figure out how to invite anyone I guess it just hasn’t been implemented in any games yet

All we need is messaging and a proper voice chat party system then we got ourselves decent online

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
it would be neat if i could use my wii u pro controller with the switch in an update because using the joycons sideways is fucking painful for smash

Get a Magic NS adapter. Totally worth it. Makespretty much all wireless controllers work, its remappable, it fits inside the dock, and it also does this for the PC.

ParzivalWolfram

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>can't use Joycon input by default each boot on the Lite without toggling a setting each time with a separately-sold controller

oh. We're doing the shady, underhanded things again?

damn...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds like the problem I'm having with my ps2. it won't boot psx games unless you open the disc tray, select diagnostics to on, then put the disc in; otherwise, you get this clicking noise at boot, and the game doesn't run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1