Nintendo Spotlight E3 2017 Live Update: ENDED

n337.png

:arrow: Stream Link

Theres only one conference left everybody, who's ready????

• Here we go! Staright into an Arms Trailer.
  • Oh and some rocket league showcasing!
  • Now a little pokken sizzle. This trailer showing all the stuff you can see coming soon.
  • Fifa looks to be running great.
  • Splatoon 2 mini showing
  • Now we cut to Reggie!
  • Reggie being cryptic!
  • Here's Xenoblade!
  • The combat looked choppy... but interesting.
  • The world is enormous!
  • Xenoblade 2 Holiday 2017, still no official date.
  • First Look at a new Kirby!
  • This is one Vibrant Kirby game! Coming 2018, no official name yet.
  • More info about Pokken. Ability to fight on one console with 2 joycons and new pokemon.
  • Gamefreak is making a new Pokemon for switch! Might not be seen for more than a year!
  • METROID
  • PRIME
  • 4 IS IN DEVELOPMENT
  • LOOKS LIKE A NEW YARN YOSHI GAME BUT IM STILL FREAKING OUT ABOUT METROID
  • COMING 2018, BUT IM STILL FREAKIN OUT ABOUT METROID
  • Fire Emblem Warriors info now! Fall 2017!
  • Aounuma is up now! Zelda stuff!
  • Talking more about the zelda stuff in skyrim and dlc for BOTW.
  • Going over some of the details of the first DLC pack, the costumes and new wave mode.
  • A lovely ballad..?
  • The first pack is june 30th and the 2nd pack in holiday 2017. All the champions will be getting amiibo, and the champions will be the star of the new DLC pack 2.
  • Its Mario Rabbids time! THIS GAME WAS MADE FOR ME.
  • Turn based combat, coming august 29th.
  • Here's some rocket league info coming! Nintendo themed cars!
  • Cross network play, coming Holiday 2017!!!!
  • MARIO!
  • DINOSAUR Level! Corny Music!
  • THERES A MARIO FROG
  • Mario can become other enemies and things!
  • MARIO CAN BE A T-REX
  • MARIO ODYSEE COME OCTOBER 27TH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by chavosaur,

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, polish off the graphics, they can make the models look a little different I suppose, but that doesn't mean they have to start from the ground up. Again, that would just be a terrible waste of time and resources, that they could instead use to focus on creating new stages, fighters and modes.
That's just stupid thinking, All Smash games feel completely different with unique artstyles, Sakurai want to create something new, just porting something lazily like all the other DX games wouldn't seem right to him

Reactions: Deleted User
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's just stupid thinking, All Smash games feel completely different with unique artstyles, Sakurai want to create something new, just porting something lazily like all the other DX games wouldn't seem right to him
Nope, Sakurai hates Smash and doesn't want to do anything related to it.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dude, don't get your hopes up, I'd be shocked if its not a DX version of the Wii U title. Do you realize how poorly the Wii U title sold despite how great of a game it was? Simply because the Wii U sold so poorly to begin with. This is a large reason why these great Wii U titles are getting a second lease on life. Sorry this isn't stupid thinking, its sound thinking. The art direction would undoubtedly not vary by much from the Wii U version and even if it did, its not hard to put a new coat of paint on the same game, and the mechanics are actually sound this time around (as opposed to Brawl).

Frankly I'm really hoping it is a DX version of the Wii U version, they could maybe add in the Smash Run mode from the 3DS and add a bunch more fighters and maybe even a proper adventure mode, that would truly be fantastic. If they started all over again and wanted to get it out soon, it'd probably be lacking in content compared to the Wii U version, and that would be so dumb especially since all the assets are right there on the Wii U version asking for a simple polish and refining.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope, Sakurai hates Smash and doesn't want to do anything related to it.

This is very true, Sakurai wanted to be done after Melee and again after Brawl, the series has been tolling on him, and I honestly believe at this point that he would not want to create another game from scratch, if that was the route they'd go, I'm pretty sure he'd just hand the helm over to someone else that he worked on the games with. However I can see him being on board for refining the content they've created and simply adding more.

Reactions: Deleted User

SANIC

GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude, don't get your hopes up, I'd be shocked if its not a DX version of the Wii U title. Do you realize how poorly the Wii U title sold despite how great of a game it was? Simply because the Wii U sold so poorly to begin with. This is a large reason why these great Wii U titles are getting a second lease on life. Sorry this isn't stupid thinking, its sound thinking. The art direction would undoubtedly not vary by much from the Wii U version and even if it did, its not hard to put a new coat of paint on the same game, and the mechanics are actually sound this time around (as opposed to Brawl).

Frankly I'm really hoping it is a DX version of the Wii U version, they could maybe add in the Smash Run mode from the 3DS and add a bunch more fighters and maybe even a proper adventure mode, that would truly be fantastic. If they started all over again and wanted to get it out soon, it'd probably be lacking in content compared to the Wii U version, and that would be so dumb especially since all the assets are right there on the Wii U version asking for a simple polish and refining.
The 3DS Edition sold extremely well. Smash 5 is most definitely going to be a thing, or either Melee HD, a choice they were going to make if Sakurai didn't make Brawl

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS Edition sold extremely well. Smash 5 is most definitely going to be a thing, or either Melee HD, a choice they were going to make if Sakurai didn't make Brawl

It'll be the Wii U Smash DX. I think its pointless to hope and argue otherwise, plus I think it'd be a bad decision as it is anyway. Also you think they'd remaster Melee, but never remaster the Wii U version which sold considerably worse despite still being a great game? Sound logic.

Last edited by duffmmann,

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So great there is a proper metroid on the 3ds, I might get a switch if metroid prime 4 is a good game, besides a mainline Pokemon comes after 2017, kirby, yoshi and Mario odisey, the library of the switch looks way better than before for me

Reactions: T-hug

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
He was forced to. Melee was not supposed to be released at first. And then Nintendo trolled Sakurai two times, with Brawl and then even more with Smash 4. And Sakurai was injuried during Smash 4's development.
If he doesn't like Smash, he should move on to other things, and let a die-hard Smash enthusiast take over.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Nintendo had a good run today for Switch announcements.

Will be getting:
  • Super Mario Odyssey (2017)
  • Xenoblade 2 (2017)

Possibly:
  • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (2017)

Later:
  • Kirby (2018)
  • Yoshi (2018)
  • Metroid Prime 4 (TBA)
  • Untitled Pokémon RPG (TBA)
I wanna support third party on the Switch but just games I'm actually interested.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Full Mario Odyssey amiibo set

DCOB7l7XkAEjB9v.jpg

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.