Nintendo shows off 13 minutes of Pokemon Legends: Arceus gameplay

Pokemon Legends: Arceus is only a little over two weeks away from launch, and with the imminent release of the game, Nintendo has decided to let players know a bit more about it. A thirteen-minute gameplay overview was published, going over gameplay mechanics, quests, the battle system, and more, including showing off a boss battle against the Pokemon Kleavor, which looks somewhat related to the Scyther line. If you're not already sold on Legends: Arceus, or you're just looking to hype yourself up, make sure to check out the video.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, looks like this is as good as it gets in terms of visuals, mechanics etc.. Wonder if there's any trainer battles and/or gyms?

Kaz050

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hype over a hub and catch wild Pokémon you can already do out in the real world gg as in Pokémon go, just switch with a hub and quest, wanna do gym battles npc battles,not just catch Pokémon to turn them in for research.

Reactions: felix.200

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
> The spin-off didn't sell well
> They never make it again
> "Why would GF never try anything new?"
so we must applaud any half baked game from literally the biggest franchise in the world, only so we're not hostages of their shortcomings as developers?
i swear blind praise like this is the reason why GF keeps getting away with it.
i'm sure the game will be much better than little town hero, because that went well for GF when they put all of their efforts into it.

Reactions: LightBeam

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I remain skeptical, but the trailer looks good. Never really been a huge fan of the Pokemon spinoffs, except for the GameCube games, those were great. I'm just gonna have to try it out and see if I like it.

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that look like a good begening for the game , did they just start working on it ? i see so much potential . but so much emptiness . feels like it need a couple more years not 14 days . like are they aware of other games ? , its like check it out we included item crafting ! ,a mechanic new in pokemon sure , but not in general , aaand you go the low route of doing it all in menu without animation wihtout stuffs. easy route low work low efforts .

Last edited by 1NOOB,

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
And the thumbnail displays Dawn, not Lucas or both Lucas and Dawn. Greeeat. Good to see your biases there, Nintendo.
Dawn's also the one battling the Shinx, while it's Lucas who's shown being knocked out by the Tangrowth. Whooooo. Ugh.
And now that I've finished this trailer, most of it had Dawn doing stuff, only occasionally showing Lucas. Sigh...

Also, still not a fan of the BotW-like art style here; gives me real "mediocre game" vibes, that style. The gameplay looks somewhat interesting, though.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
so we must applaud any half baked game from literally the biggest franchise in the world, only so we're not hostages of their shortcomings as developers?
i swear blind praise like this is the reason why GF keeps getting away with it.
i'm sure the game will be much better than little town hero, because that went well for GF when they put all of their efforts into it.
Or we can boycott them and they will never make another game like that again, just like what we did with gen V. Half baked or not, no game would be able to improved if they never got a sequel.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmmm ... vid was okay but still lot of questions remaining like some people said there there no trainer battles ?? and no gyms ?

Also the thing about "watching" the pokemons like in snap is hopefully only optional, it could be fun for a short time but if we have to check like every single food for each pokemon and watch every pokemon all day long to find out how they take a poop it will be annoying as hell.

Also if I understood correctly riding pokemon only works on the ones they mentioned ? like you can't use any other bird type to fly then the one mentioned and no other water typ to surf and so on ?

Many textures look really bad but its not like this would actually ruin it completely, I still sometimes prefer pixel art games over high end 3d ones depending on how they are done.

Reactions: Xzi

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks shit.

Looks like nintendo have basically taken an open world map cough cough breath of the wild and thrown pokemon into the map.

Its sounds affects, music and hud looks the same.

And love the way the guy is talking about what you can do like its something new..... its been recycled since dawn of me, we dont need you to explain.

Its just the same recycled sh1t, this time, cloned into breath of the wild.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hype over a hub and catch wild Pokémon you can already do out in the real world gg as in Pokémon go, just switch with a hub and quest, wanna do gym battles npc battles,not just catch Pokémon to turn them in for research.
I want to turn them in for vivisection.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hopefully this turns out to be at least be a decent game, to make up for the cheap cashgrabs known as BDSP...the art style is absolutely terrible, but right now I could see myself somewhat liking the gameplay. It wouldn't be as fun as, say, Assassin's Creed Origins or Ghost of Tsushima, for open-world activities, but hopefully it'll do.

Though I wonder what the hell happened to Braviary and Basculin and stuff, to make them completely extinct in Sinnoh...their original forms aren't even in BDSP, and I highly doubt we'll get a Hisui-compatibility patch to put them in.
Change in climate? Over-hunting or exploitation? Definitely something morbid, that they prooobably didn't intend on us thinking...

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And the thumbnail displays Dawn, not Lucas or both Lucas and Dawn. Greeeat. Good to see your biases there, Nintendo.
Dawn's also the one battling the Shinx, while it's Lucas who's shown being knocked out by the Tangrowth. Whooooo. Ugh.
And now that I've finished this trailer, most of it had Dawn doing stuff, only occasionally showing Lucas. Sigh...

Also, still not a fan of the BotW-like art style here; gives me real "mediocre game" vibes, that style. The gameplay looks somewhat interesting, though.
Thats because Dawn has stuff for ecchi/hentai :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po