Pokémon Legends: Arceus overview trailer released

With its release only a few weeks away, Nintendo has dropped a new overview trailer for Pokémon Legends: Arceus. While the trailer is only in Japanese, it still gives us a good look at the world and some game mechanics, like battling, catching Pokémon, and filling out the Pokédex.

While many have assumed that this would be the first open-world Pokémon game, this trailer shows that it will work more like a Monster Hunter game, with a base camp for preparation, and a small open-ended area where missions take place. This was also confirmed in a statement to Kotaku a few months ago.

In Pokémon Legends: Arceus, Jubilife Village will serve as the base for surveying missions. After receiving an assignment or a request and preparing for their next excursion, players will set out from the village to study one of the various open areas of the Hisui region. After they finish the survey work, players will need to return once more to prepare for their next task. We look forward to sharing more information about exploring the Hisui region soon.​
Pokémon Legends: Arceus will release January 28, 2022 for the Nintendo Switch.

CoolMe

That's the way she goes..
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The combat sections look interesting.. Though is it just me or the lighting of Pokemon models doesn't quite match the lighting of the environment? Like the Mon models come straight from the main series games and are put here in this semi cell-shaded look? Not criticism, i just think it needs some work there IMO.

SilverDen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hm ... I was very sceptical about this game when the first trailer dropped but I gotta say, it has my attention now and I will definitely pick it up. Looks like they are trying something new this time, have to support that.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
The barren wasteland was not made with love, clearly. The UI is though, pretty stellar, especially the profile pictures of each Pokemon, love the look of them. I think I'll get this just for its UI and inventory management; that thrill of getting the best of each item class and all that is something I enjoy, and this has that feel I think. :)

Reactions: CoolMe

diggeloid

Alex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there's a high possibility that this will suck, but I'm feeling nostalgic for the old days when I actually gave a crap about pokemon games. It would be great if this game actually turned out to be awesome, but, you know.... it's Game Freak.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
preordered the game on the eshop. I was going to preorder the physical release of the valis collection as well, being a big fan of the series, but I'm going with the eshop there too, since all of my games are digital. :)

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Hey, now Pokemon can attack (AND MAYBE kill) humans, well so far i know NOW its possible...
"Faint" is the word, not "kill" or "die".

But your comment made me think about that nuzlocke thing. On traditional it is game over when you party is all killed (fainted) but on this one may be when the trainer dies (faints).

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, after watching the trailer, it seems GF is actually trying to do something better this time, compared to the first trailers they dropped for the game, it does look much better. Still, I couldn't help but shake this feeling of, like, the game feeling like an upscaled 3ds game or something... The looks of the world, like, feels like something you'd see on a high-end PS2 game or something, mh. But I suppose it was either that or nothing, since the switch's just a shit console.
Bet in the trailer they didn't even run the game on the actual hardware, watch as the game will surely stutter and lag when played on a switch, mh.
Still, it does look somewhat promising, I hope for y'all that are looking forward to this game that it actually works well and is fun.
Maybe I'll check it out myself once it leaks onto the internet and my friendo isn't using his switch, lol.

Also, apart me being a cynical bastard and hating on craptendo and all them games companies now... like, even if I put aside my bias and such, the game doesn't really feel anything special? Mean, if you think about it, every pokèmon game was an open world, what do you do in an rpg if not travel in a big world? Suppose it's just the matter that this plays more 3d-like than top down, dunno. shrugs

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope the gameplay is great because the graphics just isn't there. The style helps it little but the low resolution textures and empty environments makes it look like LowSpecGamer is trying to run the game on a potato.

• Haha
Reactions: felix.200 and cubes

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Faint" is the word, not "kill" or "die".

But your comment made me think about that nuzlocke thing. On traditional it is game over when you party is all killed (fainted) but on this one may be when the trainer dies (faints).
cant wait til all the nuzlock fails on YT pop up should be entertaining

Holybond

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Empty looking overworld. Barebones gameplay. Looks promising since it's the first new idea that they've had since what? Pokemon Ranger? I give this one as a prototype for better things to come.

Reactions: felix.200

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup