Gaming Nintendo Should Fix the Infinite Lives glitch/patch on Mario 3D World

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

I done this and it feels like I kinda cheated the game by gaining lives without any effort whatsoever, before having the three crowns (1110 lives) I had 80 lives which I was happy with and that made me go around collect coins to attain more lives.​
This trick is also usable on other Mario games too, not just Mario 3D World but I wish they would get rid off it because as I've said it, it takes away the point of putting effort into obtaining the lives.​
Maybe I should send an email to Nintendo and see what their customer service says about it.​
Edit: I meant to write glitch/trick and "patch" was for fix/patch. I messed up.​

macboy3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This form of infinite lives has been somewhat a tradition that has been going on for a long while now. Heck, even Nintendo acknowledged it and made a tutorial on how to do it in New Super Mario Bros Wii. Also, I agree with Snailface. You actually don't need that many lives to survive, unless you suck.

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I done this and it feels like I kinda cheated the game by gaining lives without any effort whatsoever, before having the three crowns (1110 lives) I had 80 lives which I was happy with and that made me go around collect coins to attain more lives.​
This trick is also usable on other Mario games too, not just Mario 3D World but I wish they would get rid off it because as I've said it, it takes away the point of putting effort into obtaining the lives.​
Maybe I should send an email to Nintendo and see what their customer service says about it.​
Edit: I meant to write glitch/trick and "patch" was for fix/patch. I messed up.​

If your so sick of it why did you use it this trick has been in almost every mario game if you don't like cheating simply don't use it no one's forcing you to cheat you make that decision but I actually enjoy this trick & the white tanooki suite.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I s'pose I can understand why these 1-Up tricks it would bothersome folks, but if you ask me, these aren't glitches at all. Ol' Ninty knows exactly what they're doing here!

In my opinion, there are instances where it's perfectly reasonable to take advantage of little tricks like this. Think about it: During multiplayer, everyone's running around at once on the same screen, so things are going to get hectic for everyone, regardless of skill level. Being bound by a lives counter might put a damper on things. Stocking up on all those lives can let everyone play without worrying about Lives holding them back, and it makes it so novices can practice and goof up all they want without dragging everyone else down! Fun for everyone!

Of course, others' opinions may differ. If you think it cheapens the game, simply don't do it! It's really easy to just resist the temptation and play the game how you want. But it's nice of Nintendo to have the option there!

Reactions: Parasite X

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 have it, SMB3, SWM, Mario 3D Land, practically every Mario game has the trick, are you saying for them to go back and "fix" it?

exactly, i mean seriously? these are the kind of people who wet themselves if someone else cheats or glitches in their own game, it's like they are going to have a heart attack or something lol

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played a Mario game where lives mattered since Super Mario Bros. 3 on the NES. And even there, with warp whistles and such they weren't that important.

But from Super Mario World on, it's always been so easy to get as many extras as you want that I sometimes wonder if they only keep lives around in the first place for nostalgic reasons like keeping 1up mushrooms around and making getting 100 coins have a point.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
pretty much every mario game ever made has this trick even the original smb how could you now know this? :P

the only one that doesnt have it (in this way) is super mario bros 2.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yep, it's all been said.

It's an intentional "trick" Nintendo deliberately put in to Mario games.

It's not like lives really matter in Mario anymore. You have to be under 10 get a Game Over in these games nowadays.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty much every mario game ever made has this trick even the original smb how could you now know this? :P

the only one that doesnt have it (in this way) is super mario bros 2.

The one in SMB was kinda tricky to pull off. And if you went too far you'd get too many lives and make the game think you had negative lives, so dying once = game over.

But in World and later, you can replay levels you already been through, which means if there are a couple of 1ups in there, you can just play the same level over and over to get massive lives.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Just kill yourself like 1030 times, shouldn't be that hard, or is it?

Mirby

BDFF Hype~ :3
Trophies
Website
mirbystudios.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Having lots of lives also comes in handy in multiplayer, since everyone shares the same amount. I went through over 100 with a friend trying to tackle Champion's Road.

And yeah, the whole "infinite lives" thing has been around since the original game. Hell, they freaked out when they found out about it, thinking it would be bad publicity, but it turned out to be quite the opposite. So now they've embraced it.

So much so that doing the trick is a challenge in NES Remix.

KDH

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, lives in video games are obsolete. Have been since we started playing on home consoles instead of arcade machines. In my opinion, if Nintendo isn't willing to remove them completely then setting up tricks like this one in an early level is a fair compromise.

Reactions: Nightwish

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite honestly I was somewhat annoyed the whole concept of "lives" was still in the game.

At this point in the gaming industry, running out of lives and getting a game over means absolutely nothing. You keep all of your progress and collectibles, and just start the level over with a new set of 5 lives.

At this point, lives just exist to really ruin the fun. Especially in SM3DW, where you're supposed to be playing it with friends and family, one of whom invariably sucks and dies a lot.

Nintendo missed the "family friendly" boat on that one.

Makes me wish we had homebrew for the Wii U just so I could use a loader with cheat support.

Reactions: cearp and Nightwish

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just to try it out and then I unfortunately saved it with it.

Didn't really need 1110 lives considering I already had 80 lives and rarely ever died.

you try it out and you didn't stop untill you reached 1110 lives? i don't know you but a 100 would be enough to firure out that the trick works but you continue up to max lives so yeah you don' really need to complain on something that was your own fault

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021