Gaming Nintendo screws America again

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First Nintendo introduces Club Nintendo in Japan allowing people who buy first party Nintendo games to register them for points to purchase things. They then announced that they would bring this model to Europe and America by the end of that year. Well, Europe got their version. America? We still only get crappy wallpapers for registering our games.

Now Nintendo announces that Europe will be able to trade their star points (what they get for registering games) for Wii points.

And we still just get wallpapers....

Source

EDIT: I have 36 games registered. I want something more than stupid wallpapers. I want the Club Nintendo that they promised.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Great(!)

That really makes up for the years of delays, crappy localisations, games that never reach our shores and high prices!

That's what I told him. You think North America gets screwed? Well perhaps, but Europe gets raped.
unsure.gif

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great(!)

That really makes up for the years of delays, crappy localisations, games that never reach our shores and high prices!

Hey, it's your guy's fault that it takes forever to get your games. If you didn't have so many languages in such a tiny area of land, then it wouldn't take as long to translate.
grog.gif

yeah but i haerd they only had like 500 wii point cards or so and they are all sold out for who knows how long
biggrin.gif

Um....what? You can buy Wii points with your credit card.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you're that unhappy , I'll trade ya. Europeon release dates + prices + stars , for your release dates and cheaper prices.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Jumpman: Don't feel so bad, before the site redesign Europe could only buy stupid mobile wallpaper and ringtones with stars. It's looking up now, but I wouldn't put it past them to go back to that after the new launch items have gone.

gov78

Ha made you Look
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thats pretty lame but then again look at how europe has been screwed with games like the cut down version of no more heros

P.S Just Brought a Wario Kart for 2000 Stars
biggrin.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a Mario edition Gamecube controller from Club Nintendo years ago for 5000 points.

It's nice that I can at least use my remaining star points for something useful instead of letting it waste away

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Well, I dont know how it works now, but here in sweden, WHICH BELONGS TO EUROPE, we weren't able to use our starpoints
frown.gif
and we didn't get that many registration thingys either... just i think 3 reg-codes for gamecube games and one for the gamecube console.... that's all! out of 15 gc-games
frown.gif
and I couldn't use it for anything else than wallpapers either... now I don't know though....
smile.gif

pimpyT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be nice if features were all released within a short window (a week) across all countries. I'm jealous about Japan being able to gift VC games to Friends. That would make my Christmas shopping so much easier.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I dont know how it works now, but here in sweden, WHICH BELONGS TO EUROPE, we weren't able to use our starpoints
frown.gif
and we didn't get that many registration thingys either... just i think 3 reg-codes for gamecube games and one for the gamecube console.... that's all! out of 15 gc-games
frown.gif
and I couldn't use it for anything else than wallpapers either... now I don't know though....
smile.gif

We don't get starpoints or anything like that at all in America. But, I agree with everyone that Europe still gets it worse. I'd rather keep it where we don't have any staropoints than have to deal with awful pal releases where they didn't actually alter the game to deal with the 50 fps PAL standard and just let the game go in slow motion because of it.

I think that the PAL standard is the number one reason you guys have to wait. Even above translations. If they just translate a console game and bring it to Europe it will play a great deal slower than it's supposed to. They actually have to go through and alter how the game is supposed to work because the NTSC standard in Japan and the US operates at 60fps while Europe's PAL system is only 50 frames per second. If you take something that is supposed to move 60 frames per second and play it on a console and tv that can only output 50 frames per second it obviously ends up in slow motion.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the pal standard has nothing to do with it. FFX is perfect example , months of waiting (think it might of even been a year) and it still ran slower then the ntsc version and had massive black bars.Besides that , there is always pal 60. Exactly the same as ntsc , apart from pal colour encoding , just use that. Pretty much every tv that isn't ancient will take it fine.

Hell we can even look at the 360. Some games have a symbol on the front that says 60hz only , yet even then we have to wait. Then there is the companies that seem to region lock for no reason.Perfect example is namco and beautiful katamari , doesn't even have a release date here , yet locked. blatantly done just to spite Europe.It's getting better , but certain companies just seem to have it in for us.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*