Nintendo screws America again

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by jumpman17, Dec 9, 2007.

Dec 9, 2007
  1. jumpman17
    OP

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    First Nintendo introduces Club Nintendo in Japan allowing people who buy first party Nintendo games to register them for points to purchase things. They then announced that they would bring this model to Europe and America by the end of that year. Well, Europe got their version. America? We still only get crappy wallpapers for registering our games.

Now Nintendo announces that Europe will be able to trade their star points (what they get for registering games) for Wii points.

And we still just get wallpapers....

Source

EDIT: I have 36 games registered. I want something more than stupid wallpapers. I want the Club Nintendo that they promised.

2. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    Great(!)

That really makes up for the years of delays, crappy localisations, games that never reach our shores and high prices!

3. Ace Gunman

Former Staff Ace Gunman ~••Lucky҉Shot••~

Canada
    That's what I told him. You think North America gets screwed? Well perhaps, but Europe gets raped. [​IMG]

4. Wuschmaster

Member Wuschmaster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    yeah but i haerd they only had like 500 wii point cards or so and they are all sold out for who knows how long [​IMG]

5. lagman

Former Staff lagman I wish I was green.

Mexico
  6. jumpman17
    OP

Former Staff jumpman17 He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!

United States
    Um....what? You can buy Wii points with your credit card.

7. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    If you're that unhappy , I'll trade ya. Europeon release dates + prices + stars , for your release dates and cheaper prices.

8. Twiffles

Member Twiffles танковые победы

Germany
    I'll never trade my points for nothing less of a CD. Love the benefits of Japan.

9. Psyfira

Member Psyfira Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue

United Kingdom
    Jumpman: Don't feel so bad, before the site redesign Europe could only buy stupid mobile wallpaper and ringtones with stars. It's looking up now, but I wouldn't put it past them to go back to that after the new launch items have gone.

10. Boemina

Newcomer Boemina Newbie

Brazil
    I would hate to think on what happens to Brazil... Nintendo doesn't even know we exist... [​IMG]

11. gov78

Member gov78 Ha made you Look

United Kingdom
    thats pretty lame but then again look at how europe has been screwed with games like the cut down version of no more heros

P.S Just Brought a Wario Kart for 2000 Stars [​IMG]

12. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    I bought a Mario edition Gamecube controller from Club Nintendo years ago for 5000 points.

It's nice that I can at least use my remaining star points for something useful instead of letting it waste away

13. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    Well, I dont know how it works now, but here in sweden, WHICH BELONGS TO EUROPE, we weren't able to use our starpoints [​IMG] and we didn't get that many registration thingys either... just i think 3 reg-codes for gamecube games and one for the gamecube console.... that's all! out of 15 gc-games [​IMG] and I couldn't use it for anything else than wallpapers either... now I don't know though.... [​IMG]

14. BoneMonkey

Banned BoneMonkey The cheese stash is a lie.

United States
    bah this has been happening since nintendo nes

15. bobrules

Member bobrules GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    I got 3 month of free Nintendo power, and Also I thought you get special gift when you register a game.

16. cubin'

Member cubin' GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    America has no right to complain.

Us PAL gamers get raped compared to you guys [​IMG] and my country is all English speaking.

17. pimpyT

Member pimpyT GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It would be nice if features were all released within a short window (a week) across all countries. I'm jealous about Japan being able to gift VC games to Friends. That would make my Christmas shopping so much easier.

18. mkoo

Member mkoo GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    We don't even have a Club Nintendo...
    Edit: Oh wait we have "Nintendo Club TR". It allows to use votes on the polls at nintendo.com.tr... That's all

19. Pigwooly

Member Pigwooly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    We don't get starpoints or anything like that at all in America. But, I agree with everyone that Europe still gets it worse. I'd rather keep it where we don't have any staropoints than have to deal with awful pal releases where they didn't actually alter the game to deal with the 50 fps PAL standard and just let the game go in slow motion because of it.

I think that the PAL standard is the number one reason you guys have to wait. Even above translations. If they just translate a console game and bring it to Europe it will play a great deal slower than it's supposed to. They actually have to go through and alter how the game is supposed to work because the NTSC standard in Japan and the US operates at 60fps while Europe's PAL system is only 50 frames per second. If you take something that is supposed to move 60 frames per second and play it on a console and tv that can only output 50 frames per second it obviously ends up in slow motion.

20. Armadillo

Member Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I think the pal standard has nothing to do with it. FFX is perfect example , months of waiting (think it might of even been a year) and it still ran slower then the ntsc version and had massive black bars.Besides that , there is always pal 60. Exactly the same as ntsc , apart from pal colour encoding , just use that. Pretty much every tv that isn't ancient will take it fine.

Hell we can even look at the 360. Some games have a symbol on the front that says 60hz only , yet even then we have to wait. Then there is the companies that seem to region lock for no reason.Perfect example is namco and beautiful katamari , doesn't even have a release date here , yet locked. blatantly done just to spite Europe.It's getting better , but certain companies just seem to have it in for us.