Nintendo removes Netflix from 3DS and Wii U eShops, service to be discontinued this year

Netflix_Logo_RGB.png

As the new year rang in across the world, Nintendo was at work quietly removing the Netflix application from the eShop for both the Nintendo 3DS and the Wii U. The app was removed on December 31st, 2020, according to a statement released on the Nintendo of America customer support site. The statement assures that users who have already downloaded the Netflix app in the past will be able to re-download it for now, but no new downloads will be available on either platform. The statement goes on to inform that, as of June 30th, 2021, the Netflix service will be discontinued on both devices.

:arrow:Source

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
This really sucks for some people. I don't know if she still does but my aunt used to use the (my cousin's) Wii U to watch Netflix because she doesn't have a Smart TV, and she's the type that never buys new electronics unless she actually needs it. Wii U still makes a pretty good video streaming machine.
Who even still uses netflix? Real Debrid + Kodi. Fraction of the price of netflix.
Who uses Real Debrid? You can use Elementum for free.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Who even still uses netflix? Real Debrid + Kodi. Fraction of the price of netflix.

1) I get it for £2.50pm through my discounted Sky (which I’d have anyway because of family).
2) It works on more devices.
3) If I’m going to pirate, I don’t want to pay a subscription/fee.

D

Deleted User

Well... I guess the only reason now to keep your wii u is for it's backward compatibility if you don't have wii, nintendo land and color splash (if you like this game).

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • sombrerosonic @ sombrerosonic:
    Unity is a asshole and I want to set it on fire
    +1
    and C++
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @sombrerosonic, "Unity to die. Coding is a fuck."
    Rez how else am I suppose to make my horny AI who wants people to love it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Real women are better, AI isn't worth the trouble.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Mine would be easy. All it has to do is bob it's head :D:evil::blush:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Psi can make an AI babe lol.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters
    +2
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    vffvb gferwbgereg
    :O [☎️ Bunjolio's mother that he's swearing]
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    she*
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fuck
    +1
  • J @ Just_Ragnar:
    What are mlc.bin files and are they important or can i delete them off my wii u sd card
    My apologies there little Miss @Bunjolio :mellow::blush::)
    Butt I'm still telling her :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Never gonna give you upNever gonna let you downNever gonna run around and desert youNever gonna make you cryNever gonna say goodbyeNever gonna tell a lie and hurt you
    I don't recognise the song. Which one is it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sigma
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Sometimes people make mistakes, if you correct them then they'll remember.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Try not to easily get offended if somebody calls you by different pronouns by mistake.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: What I can't just call someone a dick or a vagina