Nintendo of America Says When Nintendo 3DS's Will Be Out

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
OP
Trophies
XP
Those in North America hoping for a holiday 2010 release for the Nintendo 3DS? Tough luck.

Tonight on talk show Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime was asked when the company's upcoming glasses-free 3D portable will be release. His reply?

"Next year."

When the portable was initially revealed, Nintendo said it would be released in Japan before March 2011. Now, Nintendo of America saying that it will be out "next year".

No clarification if that is a global launch or just North America.

Source

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
syko5150 said:
wow this sucks hopefully we still get it this year and its not region locked i prefer English games

but u are lucky, since you are living in japan
smile.gif
You get to buy it faster than us
smile.gif

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mrfatso said:
syko5150 said:
wow this sucks hopefully we still get it this year and its not region locked i prefer English games

but u are lucky, since you are living in japan
smile.gif
You get to buy it faster than us
smile.gif
lol i know and i already have a preorder(more like an agreement to get it first than an actual preorder) with my local game store...the owner was cool about it too he said i could since i'm always in there buying all kinds of games.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
IBNobody said:
I told all of you this back during E3. Iwata was quoted as getting the 3DS out in March 2011.

It won't be out this Christmas anywhere.

The 3DS will be region locked.

BY
March 2011.

How many times are you people going to misquote him?

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I think they need time to finish all those amazing launch titles. If we're lucky they might revise the hardware a bit too. It's a longshot, but I'm still hoping for a wide touch screen. No biggie though.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Midna said:
I think they need time to finish all those amazing launch titles. If we're lucky they might revise the hardware a bit too. It's a longshot, but I'm still hoping for a wide touch screen. No biggie though.
As far as I know many people at Nintendo already said, that it is not the finished design...

I think 2011 every major region will already have the 3DS. So "next year" is IMO a very plausible answer.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I was really hoping for a holiday release for NA. Maybe they felt that the Move and Kinect just aren't big enough contenders to push for this holiday season, so maybe they'll tweak the system a bit more. Or, maybe it will end up like the N64, which had a set release date, but then got bumped to months earlier because everything went well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: