Gaming Nintendo likes money and the marketplace is dumb enough to give it to them

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 21,912
  • Replies 277
  • Likes 34

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've used 1080p TVs before. One of my laptops is 1080p. My phone is 1440p. The difference isn't a huge deal to me. Maybe sometime, but it isn't a priority
It is not that important for sure, but take into consideration that it becomes more evident depending on the screen size.
I mean, my phone also is 1440p, but at this size I almost can't tell the difference with 720p.
In a 27" computer screen I can tell apart 1440p from 1080p very easy, and 1080p annoys me for working.
In a 55" 4K TV screen, you can see the difference in resolution for movies quite well at that size (still I play games at 1080p, I don't have 4k equipment for games).
It's portable, loads damn fast, the new battle arenas (as they should have been in the damn Wii U version) are really fun.
I find that part relevant. Waiting for tracks to load on the Wii U was a torture.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I paid $24 for my copy, because I took advantage of 20% pre-order discount and trading my MK8 copy for $24.

A few things TC missed when making this topic.

Two items instead of one.
Smart Steering and Auto Acceleration (for those learning to play, too young to fully handle it, and helps teach people to try the 200cc mode)
3rd drift phase
Ability to change your character/kart during online play in between races.
Of course, portability.

That's what I could think of off the top of my head that TC hadn't mentioned, and I'm sure there's more.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is an obvious filler title. The launch lineup was horrible and the "big" games are releasing later in the year :/

Even the 3ds had more titles at launch.

Yes, because the Wii U had a stellar launch window, right? Nintendo Land, NSMB, yeah, stellar titles, alright.

Reactions: Deleted User

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Meh, not buying this one
the two only game i will buy for switch are
Zelda
Xenoblade

and all their dlc

I will pirate the rest
Why wasting your time pirating "the rest"
You know they say time is money (for real), so if the thing is not worth to buy, it is also probably not worth to invest your time on it...
Unless you consider a good waste of money/time to spend hours of your life playing a pirated copy 1-2 Switch, but I would consider my time very expensive.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Talking about currently alive consoles, not dead ones.

Point still stands, most console launches suck ass, let's be honest here. The N64 only had two games, big freaking deal. Snes only had like three or four games at launch, history repeats.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why wasting your time pirating "the rest"
You know they say time is money (for real), so if the thing is not worth to buy, it is also probably not worth to invest your time on it...
Unless you consider a good waste of money/time to spend hours of your life playing a pirated copy 1-2 Switch, but I would consider my time very expensive.
Nah there are game i would have never bought but was happy to play them
If you would give me mario kart, i would play it, though i wouldn't buy it
i want to play it as many other games but i just can't afford to buy all

but there are two game that i want to buy and they are zelda and xenoblade and i would invest for them

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nah there are game i would have never bought but was happy to play them
If you would give me mario kart, i would play it, though i wouldn't buy it
i want to play it as many other games but i just can't afford to buy all

but there are two game that i want to buy and they are zelda and xenoblade and i would invest for them
Ah, ok.
Well, I have the problem the other way around.
I can't find fucking free time to play all the games I keep piling up... Life I suppose.
Sure I will find the time for Xenoblade anyway, no matter what the hell else I have to put away for later.

PS: And Zelda, I have it since release and I have been able to put just over 30hours into it. Too busy.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Point still stands, most console launches suck ass, let's be honest here. The N64 only had two games, big freaking deal. Snes only had like three or four games at launch, history repeats.
If you wanna talk about past consoles, yes, they indeed had less games, but their games were more relevant than the switch lineup. Even if the 64 had 2, it beats the only game worth of my time available on switch and keep in mind that it is also a wii u game that was just ported to fill up its bad launch lineup.

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah, ok.
Well, I have the problem the other way around.
I can't find fucking free time to play all the games I keep piling up... Life I suppose.
Sure I will find the time for Xenoblade anyway, no matter what the hell else I have to put away for later.

PS: And Zelda, I have it since release and I have been able to put just over 30hours into it. Too busy.
Well you seem like a busy guy

I'm the oposite, i work at home and have a stable source of income without doing much but i have enough money to just pay the rand, buy quality food( I like to stay healthy), pay my gym subscription (do a lot of sport)
and buy train tickets or other activities

By the end of the month i have about 100$ left to my personal uses
but with trains and friends it goes down to 50
so yeah i have all the time i want but only 50$ left / month
but i'm planning to get rich quite soon
my time is now mostly 50% learn things ( math, computer and science) 25% sport and 25 % play

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Nintendo isn't your friend, they're a business with a focus on making money.
Funny enough when other companies do shitty practices no one cares but the second Nintendo does them people act like their best friend just betrayed them.

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
GYN4T5z.gif

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you wanna talk about past consoles, yes, they indeed had less games, but their games were more relevant than the switch lineup. Even if the 64 had 2, it beats the only game worth of my time available on switch and keep in mind that it is also a wii u game that was just ported to fill up its bad launch lineup.

To each their own.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I just played it and it's 100% worth the money for anyone who didn't get the Wii U version. I'm still on the fence about getting it myself, but it MIGHT be worth getting for:
  • HD rumble (Yeah it's THAT good. You can actually feel nuances between drift sparks, road imperfections, hitting an item box, etc.)
  • Purple sparks. The boost they give is nearly equivalent to a mushroom. Players are finally rewarded for holding a drift.
  • HOLT SHIT RENEGADE ROUNDUP IS THE BEST BATTLE MODE EVER
  • Online is LEAGUES better than what the Wii U had
  • Double item boxes are kind of a game changer and balance out races by forcing first place to either take a risk of only getting a coin or go out of their way
  • It's portable

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Sure, if you didn't own a Wii U then this is certainly worth the money
So it's worth it for like...99% of the gaming population then?

Hell, even if you did own a Wii U, a complete package of MK8 + DLC is worth full price just to be able to play in portable mode. The Switch version also has faster load times. Not to mention there are various retailers which give decent discounts on brand new games (Amazon, Best Buy).

Last edited by Xzi,

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I own the Wii U version and I got the Switch version as well. I honestly think just the portability was a seller to me but having all the DLC (which I didn't play on the Wii U version) and the extra pluses were great for me. Plus a bunch of my friends got the Switch version as well!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too