Nintendo has the MOST exclusives at E3

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by EzekielRage, Jun 13, 2013.

1. EzekielRage
    OP

EzekielRage Hero of the Void

Aug 21, 2012
    Australia
    The Void
    Source:
    http://i.imgur.com/ZWK5YzZ.png

So nintendo clearly has the most exclusives shown at E3. Vita and PC had the least. As far as games are concerned, you might not like them but they are definitely there!

kehkou and yuyuyup like this.
  2. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    All hail Wii Fit U and Wii Party U!

Foxi4, McHaggis, hhs and 1 other person like this.
  3. Paarish

Paarish Connor's Nublet

Aug 26, 2009
    Married to DinohScene
    Too bad they're all first party otherwise this would be impressive.

corenting likes this.
  4. EzekielRage
    OP

EzekielRage Hero of the Void

Aug 21, 2012
    Australia
    The Void
    It still is impressive. It's not like most of the games on this list are bad, Those are fantastic titles. Sure, third party support is lacking but the fault is our own most of the time because we don't buy third party games on Nintendo Systems. In fact, the FIRST third party game I am buying for a Nintendo System this year is Watch Dogs for Wii U.

Also, this list doesn't count all those Indie games that aren't at E3 like Shadow of the Eternals or the new Shinen game :)

5. jefffisher

jefffisher GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 17, 2006
    United States
    the only non nintendo game i'm interested in is elder scrolls online and i'll probably just get that on pc unless the ps4 does something to make me want one.

6. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    i can't believe how lame the rest of the stuff was at e3 except for nintendo even pc had fuck all. they should have called it eshooter this year!

NahuelDS likes this.
  7. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    When the most exclusives entails games almost all featuring the exact same characters from very well established and expected franchises, it isn't all that impressive. As it stands, Nintendo releases the most first party exclusives every generation anyways because they can't trust the third party developers to sell their systems. My level of surprise and care is astoundingly low.

8. 2ndApex

2ndApex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 12, 2012
    United States
    Don't care for much except for Monolith's X, Smash, DKC, and maybe Mario Land/Kart.

Nintendo's games were pretty solid this time, too bad most of them are releasing 2014, so I might not consider until then.

9. kehkou

kehkou does what Nintendon't

Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    The Duke City
    Bayonetta 2 looks like a fun game, as does Wonderful 101. Of course I'll be eagerly awaiting Smash and Zelda:ALBW since I only have 3DS's at the moment.

10. totalnoob617

totalnoob617 Banned

Banned
    Sep 27, 2010
    United States
    does anyone rememer the good ol days when ,when nintendo would launch a new console there was a full epic mario title packed in the box ,SNES super mario world, N64 mario64 ,NES super mario brothers,(though here in the US when the the NES 1st launched it came packed in with gyromite and duckhunt)
    they should go back to that ,
    nintendo e3, 1 year for mario kart 8 , no mention of zelda ,though MK8 looks good

11. kehkou

kehkou does what Nintendon't

Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    The Duke City
    Yes. My mother would have this tradition of buying me Nintendo consoles for Xmas when I was a kid. N64 Mario Kart bundle...best Xmas ever!

12. hhs

hhs You will not like the outcome of this encounter

Apr 15, 2011
    And every game on the other systems will be exclusive to the WiiU because it can't run them.
    If you consider it that way the WiiU has the most exclusives and yet it is the most excluded.

13. SpaceJump

SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Aug 18, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Zebes
    Most exclusives, but with the least multiplats.

14. McHaggis

McHaggis Fackin' Troller

Oct 24, 2008
    What's important is a rich library of games full of variety and, exclusives or not, the Wii U just doesn't have that and won't have it for a while yet.

15. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Yeah...nintendo definitely takes care of their own user base. But I'd say the amount of games is more important than the exclusives. And in that regard, it has the least.

However, the good side to this is that the wiiu makes for a better complimentary candidate if you ever want a second console.

16. pwsincd

pwsincd Garage Flower

Dec 4, 2011
    Manchester UK
    there is actuallyy a few more exclusives the list doesnt emphasise as they also are released on the 3DS i would still call that exclusive .

17. Veho

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    I thought Nintendo wasn't even attending E3.

18. tj_cool

tj_cool Site dev

Supervisor
    Jan 7, 2009
    Belgium
    This planet
    They are attending E3, they just didn't do a conference.

19. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Miyamoto is eating at In 'N Out.

[​IMG]

Your argument is--- oh never mind.

20. TehCupcakes

TehCupcakes GBAtemp Regular

Apr 5, 2013
    United States
    Yes, Nintendo's exclusives are primarily first party games. Yes, Nintendo has a lot of first party games and very little third party support. However, that doesn't negate the fact that their first party games are (for the most part) fantastic! The proof is right their in the Smash Bros. franchise: not only is the Smash Bros. series amazing, but the majority of the games which characters come from are as well. Hardly anyone who has played a Zelda game, a Metroid game, or a Mario game could claim that this are not good franchises. "Same old characters" isn't such a bad thing - at least Nintendo knows what they're good at.

Not to mention... The Wii U is backwards compatible, unlike Xbox One. (And information on backwards compatibility for PS4 is a bit fuzzy at the moment, if I'm not mistaken). I'm quite confident that the PS4 will demolish Xbox One on launch unless Microsoft changes some things dramatically, but I'm still holding out that the Wii U will emerge in a much better spot a couple years from now. Microsoft and Sony can duke it out head to head trying to win all that third party support, but Nintendo offers a unique experience that neither of the others do, and that's why I think they're greatly underestimated in the "console wars".