Hero of the Void
OP
Trophies
Website
www.void-comics.com
XP
Country
Australia
It still is impressive. It's not like most of the games on this list are bad, Those are fantastic titles. Sure, third party support is lacking but the fault is our own most of the time because we don't buy third party games on Nintendo Systems. In fact, the FIRST third party game I am buying for a Nintendo System this year is Watch Dogs for Wii U.

Also, this list doesn't count all those Indie games that aren't at E3 like Shadow of the Eternals or the new Shinen game :)

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only non nintendo game i'm interested in is elder scrolls online and i'll probably just get that on pc unless the ps4 does something to make me want one.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
When the most exclusives entails games almost all featuring the exact same characters from very well established and expected franchises, it isn't all that impressive. As it stands, Nintendo releases the most first party exclusives every generation anyways because they can't trust the third party developers to sell their systems. My level of surprise and care is astoundingly low.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't care for much except for Monolith's X, Smash, DKC, and maybe Mario Land/Kart.

Nintendo's games were pretty solid this time, too bad most of them are releasing 2014, so I might not consider until then.

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bayonetta 2 looks like a fun game, as does Wonderful 101. Of course I'll be eagerly awaiting Smash and Zelda:ALBW since I only have 3DS's at the moment.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does anyone rememer the good ol days when ,when nintendo would launch a new console there was a full epic mario title packed in the box ,SNES super mario world, N64 mario64 ,NES super mario brothers,(though here in the US when the the NES 1st launched it came packed in with gyromite and duckhunt)
they should go back to that ,
nintendo e3, 1 year for mario kart 8 , no mention of zelda ,though MK8 looks good

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
And every game on the other systems will be exclusive to the WiiU because it can't run them.
If you consider it that way the WiiU has the most exclusives and yet it is the most excluded.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
What's important is a rich library of games full of variety and, exclusives or not, the Wii U just doesn't have that and won't have it for a while yet.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah...nintendo definitely takes care of their own user base. But I'd say the amount of games is more important than the exclusives. And in that regard, it has the least.

However, the good side to this is that the wiiu makes for a better complimentary candidate if you ever want a second console.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Miyamoto is eating at In 'N Out.

MiyamotoIn-N-Out.jpg

Your argument is--- oh never mind.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Nintendo's exclusives are primarily first party games. Yes, Nintendo has a lot of first party games and very little third party support. However, that doesn't negate the fact that their first party games are (for the most part) fantastic! The proof is right their in the Smash Bros. franchise: not only is the Smash Bros. series amazing, but the majority of the games which characters come from are as well. Hardly anyone who has played a Zelda game, a Metroid game, or a Mario game could claim that this are not good franchises. "Same old characters" isn't such a bad thing - at least Nintendo knows what they're good at.

Not to mention... The Wii U is backwards compatible, unlike Xbox One. (And information on backwards compatibility for PS4 is a bit fuzzy at the moment, if I'm not mistaken). I'm quite confident that the PS4 will demolish Xbox One on launch unless Microsoft changes some things dramatically, but I'm still holding out that the Wii U will emerge in a much better spot a couple years from now. Microsoft and Sony can duke it out head to head trying to win all that third party support, but Nintendo offers a unique experience that neither of the others do, and that's why I think they're greatly underestimated in the "console wars".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay