Nintendo Entertainment System is coming back as Nintendo Classic Mini on 11/11

TB_NintendoClassicMiniNES.jpg

Bring back memories and make brand new ones with Nintendo's ultimate retro gaming experience, launching 11th November!

Relive the 80s when the Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System launches in stores on 11th November. The classic NES is back in a familiar-yet-new form as a mini replica of Nintendo’s original home console. Plugging directly into a high-definition TV using the included HDMI cable, the console comes complete with 30 NES games built-in, including beloved classics like Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, PAC-MAN and Kirby’s Adventure.

The Nintendo Classic Mini: Nintendo Entertainment System comes packaged with an HDMI cable, a USB cable for powering the system*, and one Nintendo Classic Mini: NES Controller. And whether it’s rediscovering an old favourite or experiencing the joy of NES for the first time, the fantastic collection of NES classics included with each and every system should have something for all players.

US Price has been revealed at $59.99 USD, + $10 for a second controller.

:arrow:Source (includes list of games)

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
@the_randomizer

Totally the snes is my favourite console overall I played nes when I was younger but snes was the console that has all my main gaming nostalgia, however I would definitely like a n64 with hdmi seeing as even getting rgb from that thing requires modding.

I never understood that, the master system had rgb but the n64 years later down the line didn't
There actually exists an HDMI mod board for N64s, It's pretty sweller. Otherwise a good CRT with RGB is the best way to go. Here's a modded french one for a good price.

ReigningSemtex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@ned ms1 mate, but rgb modded ms2's are fairly cheap around my way on ebay too.

@Catastrophic yeah a good price but no shipping available and unfortunately not in my country otherwise I would love a rgb n64.

When we start getting into hdmi mods on these consoles we are talking even more money which is understandable but for Nintendo to offer some of the best games and being an official Nintendo product at a very reasonable price I am definitely on board.
I have even heard of people wanting to buy one just for the mini nes case with the hope of gutting it to fit in their own retro console (guessing really only the raspberry pi would be small enough) so it's interesting to see what's ahead for nintendo with this console and what modders will be able to do with it.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

i'm sure it will from the way the boyz are going nutz over it on IGN :P
The amiibos have easily outsold the Wii U so a Mini NES shouldn't be too hard to accomplish that either. Wii U is by far Nintendo's most embarrassing console ever produced (Virtual Boy was considered a handheld device nt a console). It's true that the Wii was a dust collector but at least that sold like hotcakes.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The amiibos have easily outsold the Wii U so a Mini NES shouldn't be too hard to accomplish that either. Wii U is by far Nintendo's most embarrassing console ever produced (Virtual Boy was considered a handheld device nt a console). It's true that the Wii was a dust collector but at least that sold like hotcakes.
I would think a small figure for $12.99 would sell a lot more, and easier, than a $200+ electronic device yes.

Reactions: Deleted User

DHall243

I Stay Broke Because I Keep Buying 3DS's To A9LH
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't justify spending $60 on this seeing that Sega sells consoles similar for $20 Like i said on my first post on the first page, Ill just buy an Everdrive N8 for the NES i already have.

mediabob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't justify spending $60 on this seeing that Sega sells consoles similar for $20 Like i said on my first post on the first page, Ill just buy an Everdrive N8 for the NES i already have.

Those $20 consoles are not made be Sega and they are complete trash. The sound is horrible, the emulation sucks, and the controller is shit. And while it does have a cartridge slot the compatibility is limited, it won't play about half the cartridges I own.

Also half the built in games are not even Genesis games, they are like flash garbage, and even though they can be found on the cheap the actual retail price was $49.

This console actually being made by Nintendo will most likely be a higher quality product.

Also for all of you asking why Nintendo doesent just put the whole NES library on a chip, remember they have to license those games. They can't just dump a rom collection torrent on a chip and sell it. They would need to license every individual game from the original publisher.

Last edited by mediabob,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

I would think a small figure for $12.99 would sell a lot more, and easier, than a $200+ electronic device yes.

The point is that Nintendo consoles usually sell in great numbers but Wii U failed miserably to the point it only outsold the Dreamcast (which took several years to accomplish) and also being outsold by Happy Meal toys doesn't give it a good image either.

The Sega AtGames' micro-consoles were cheap but terrible. This is going to be officially produced by Nintendo but it's really not going to be much different than a Pi inside a Mini NES shell and stuff.

For what cartridge slot?
That's apparently for decoration.

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
lets wait and see what the hackers gona do with it. Mabe we can wire an sd reader inside or something xD is there any news on a famicom release?

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also for all of you asking why Nintendo doesent just put the whole NES library on a chip, remember they have to license those games. They can't just dump a rom collection torrent on a chip and sell it. They would need to license every individual game from the original publisher.
Frankly I am blown away by the games they HAVE gotten the rights to. Final Fantasy? Castlevania? Mega Man? Damn Nintendo has connections.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...