Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1OT4oSUKtc

Yasu post another video which shows his 2nd homebrew on DSi, a DJmax-liked music game Pop'n DS. It can be seen in the video that he activates the screen touch funtion of DS, and game runs perfectly without any slowdown.

Just cry both Nintendo and flashcart merchants, here comes a day of DSi hacking.

===== Edit =====

I apologized I don't there has been a thread with the same news already, admin pls delete this post, i'm sorry for my impulsion.

Chipperz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.bebo.com
XP
Country
Works on Nintendo DS\Lite aswell
smile.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Also, flashcarts do still that one thing that i bet not dsi hack could do. I think.

I wanted to pop this question somewhere, so sorry it being ot: does flashcarts work in dsi? Does the firmware, games and homebrew look and work as it should?

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
JereTHEend said:
Also, flashcarts do still that one thing that i bet not dsi hack could do. I think.

I wanted to pop this question somewhere, so sorry it being ot: does flashcarts work in dsi? Does the firmware, games and homebrew look and work as it should?

No.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Three things:
1. Did not expect that...
2. What is blocking it?
3. Omg cyclops is lying to us! They said that it would work with all existing and future ds versions!

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For the sake of not writing out what I previously stated, heres a couple of my quotes concerning this:
Narin said:
Just a heads up folks, what was used to do this was a save game exploit. So far, there are currently 3 known save game exploits but so far, none of them can be used to play commercial games or flashcards, just homebrew. There are groups of people right now trying to find all the save game exploits they can.

Now the problem with save game exploits is Nintendo can release Firmware updates that can patch these exploits and delete them off the game cartridges making them useless. So even if an exploit was used to play games/homebrew, once it becomes public, its only a matter of time before a firmware update is made to prevent it.

So unless a custom firmware can be made, there is no long term solution to play pirated games or homebrew on the DSi. Now the problem is, the firmware is digitally signed making it near impossible for it to be hacked or a custom firmware to be used unless its signed by Nintendo.

So as it stands, the only feasible method to get Homebrew and backups to run on the DSi at the moment would be through hardware modification such as a modchip unless the digital signature used by Nintendo is cracked. Keep in mind that the DS Phat and DS Lite used RSA signatures for download play which has yet been cracked even after numerous attempts by various groups to do so.

NarinIt is possible for Nintendo to make a firmware update that will check the games before you even start them up for "unauthorized or compromised" saves and delete them before you even get a chance to use them. Also this method still requires a normal DS and a flashcard to edit the game saves or a device like the Action Replay DS to change and update the saves as well. So in the end, for the save exploit to work, you either need a DS Phat or Lite or third party hardware.

Please see this topic:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=113633

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly